Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah pal actually I do, i used to work for the TSSAA, enrollment isnt the only thing that determines what classification you are.

Really? I wish Clint Abbott would add a comment or two. I have never heard of this before. Do you have an example? I know some schools have elected to play up such as: Trousdale County, Elizabethton and Greeneville. Just curious. I don't remember any examples in the past.

I really don't see GP beating Alcoa! I haven't seen them play, so yes I'm going on last years game! that GP team looked like Wartburg or OS! I hope tomorrow is a better game. But I know for a fact that GP can't run with Alcoa, they never could!! Alcoa by at least 21!!!! :D Good luck to GP though

You haven't seen them play, yet you know for a fact that GP can't run with Alcoa. I've never met you but I know for a fact that you don't know anything about this year's GP team. I'm sure one statement is just as accurate as the other.

You haven't seen them play, yet you know for a fact that GP can't run with Alcoa. I've never met you but I know for a fact that you don't know anything about this year's GP team. I'm sure one statement is just as accurate as the other.

does anyone on GPs team run under 11 secs in the 100m? I doubt they do, so that's why I'm saying they can't run with Alcoa. Oh yeah, and bart hicks runs a 11. also. That's pretty quick for a middle backer!! Alcoa by 21 :D

I dont think Goodpasture realizes that they are 1 foot from being 0-4 against Alcoa all time. We are just a big thorn in their side.

Alcoa, unlike goodpasture is a very close nit family and community. Every year someones brother or cousin is playin on the team that played a few years before. Theres still bad blood from when GP went in to Goddard Field and blocked the punt and won the game. I always said last years alcoa team beat GP for the 2001 team...This year Alcoa beats GP for themselves!

I understand that Goodpasture has beaten DL, CPA and some other team...But lets be serious...Maryville is heads above shoulders compared to anyone in the state. Hillsboro or any 5a team can argue but its pointless....First game of the season Alcoa played with the greatest, it wasnt a 45-10 blowout either...they PLAYED with them

Fulton has been talked about as potential 3a condenders. Rankin, as i understand, did something during the fulton game that wasnt exactly a good idea with a 2a school. As far as i know hes corrected that and has moved on. Even with that lil mistake we played with Fulton and if they had a kicker then we wouldnt have lost. As mentioned above, they went for 2pts every time!!

As much as i love watching maryville play because they have that college style offense i have never seen a passing attack like McCallie had. Im really disappointed that they didnt win the state. That team was awesome. However Alcoa went out there and beat them. McCallie threw all over alcoa but alcoa still shut them down.

Anyone and everyone thats played GP, watched GP play in any COMPETIVE game (not some 42-14 blowout of a so called good mid TN team) Games that are tight, very close, where momentum can swing either way with a big play, knows that GP lays down. Ive seen it happen for four straight years. Unlike some people ive seen GP play, ive seen their guys...I keep up with them because i know they are a good team. If they get the momentum there way then they are fine, they can play but its usually still close, I dont see GP having the capabilities of just blowing out a VERY good team-great team like alcoa.

-GP will keep it close for maybe 1 1/2 quarters

-Shivy WONT run for 200+ yds but he will have a lil over 100 and at least 2 TDs

-GPs backs combined MIGHT have 100 yds, only gonna give them 2 TDs combined though.

-Cobb will have at least 2 TDs through the air (1 sommers, 1 Lanxter)

-Multiple alcoa players (Hodge, Stultz, Cobb) can score with the ball in hand...Give them at least 1 TD (not each)

BIG THING TO WATCH: SPECIAL TEAMS!!!! Alcoas speed it too much for Goodpasture, Goodpasture has to play 100% A+ special teams, if not Alcoa will hurt them!!!

Final Score

Alcoa:56

Goodpasture:21

BTW- Did anyone hear where David Martin said that if Alcoa plays their very best and A+ ball that ALCOA MIGHT keep it close??? HAHA There is a reason Coach Martin is one of the most hated coaches in Tennessee.....and its not cause he 'wins" its his arrogance....the same reason why Alcoa is hated :D

Edited by Tornado74