Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yes, it's finally game day. Less than 9 hours away from the start of what I believe will be a great game, although cold. I am glad to see that, with the exception of the wind and temp perhaps, weather will not be a factor (i.e. rain/sleet/snow). I am sure the new field at Floyd will drain after last night's rain and the 1A game will be played first, hopefully providing an even drier surface. But what I look forward to the most, is the realization on the part of Alcoa fans, coaches, and players that this is definitely not the same Goodpasture team as last year (this has been explained so I won't bother and I'm sure the coaches and players already understand) and they are in it to win it, have earned the right to be there, and will not go down without a fight. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but this will not be the blowout all of you pro-Alcoa posters are predicting. Regardless of results from the DL, CPA, Milan, Fulton, Maryville, or McCallie games, there will be TWO great teams on the field tonight and equally matched overall. The margin of victory will be no more than 10 and most likely 3 or less, whoever wins. Make no mistake; Goodpasture is a very talented and fast team as well. My last point, one I failed to make in my last post, is that our Cougars didn't play anywhere near the footbal they had been playing all season in that final game last year, no where near it. Every fan who saw them play throughout the year knows that. It was sloppy on their part and they know it, so Alcoa deserved the win. That changes tonight. Bring the gold ball home again Cougars! :unsure:

FYI: Goodpasture is the home team and fans need to sit on the press box side for anyone who didn't know.

Will these games be on tv in west tennessee?

TSSAA.org website states.

TV Affiliates for BlueCross Bowl

Knoxville - WBXX East Tennessee's CW

Chattanooga – WFLI (The CW Chattanooga)

Memphis - Comcast Cable

Jackson – Jackson Energy Authority Cable

Nashville - MyTV30

Don't know if its all live coverage. Check your local listings.

The following radio stations will be broadcasting live from the BlueCross Bowl:

WBFG (96.5) - Lexington will be covering all games.

WANT - Friendship Christian (Class 1A)

WTJS - Jackson Christian (Class 1A)

WBCR - Alcoa (Class 2A)

School Station - Goodpasture (Class 2A)

WKCS - Fulton (Class 3A)

WAMB - David Lipscomb (Class 3A)

WBCR - Maryville (Class 4A)

WGNS - Smyrna (Class 5A)

WAKM - Ravenwood (Class 5A)

Edited by oknative

I just feel you should have demanded the apology from the one who made the statement. Yes he did cross a line jumping to conclusions,maybe it is true maybe it isn't. I will not apologize for anyone but myself, and that is only if I feel I am totally wrong. I hope the incident is merely a rumor started by trouble makers hiding behind false screen names. Lets let oldsc7 speak for himself.

As far as I go I play with a guy that played at Alcoa last year and I got my information from him about the incident and I am sure he got the information one of his friends on the team still playing for Alcoa.

As far as I go I play with a guy that played at Alcoa last year and I got my information from him about the incident and I am sure he got the information one of his friends on the team still playing for Alcoa.

My son is on the team and this is a locker room discussion, although not one taken seriously. What actually happened was Fish went up to Shiverdecker to congratulate him. He DID shake his hand in the process and they briefly discussed the upcoming game. That was it. Mark Fisher did not do what has been rumored. It was one football player treating another with respect, not taunting or degrading. Now let's move on, everyone have a safe trip to Murfreesboro.

GO COUGARS :thumb:

Don't feel bad. Ignorance isn't a bad thing. Its a condition of being unaware, or a lack of knowledge. So you don't even realize or know that you're ignorant. Your just not aware of the facts.

So here are the facts:

1. Goodpasture actually has a football team.

2. Goodpasture's team is 14-0 this season

3. Goodpasture's team speed is fast. (go ahead and think otherwise - that's just the ignorance thing again. )

4. Goodpasture can actually run the ball, and will do so tomorrow night.

5. This isn't 2005. A year has gone by since last year. (see comment on #3)

6. Goodpasture can pass, and can do so effectively.

7. Goodpasture will show up to play the game depite your ignorance.

Goodpasture by 10.

Facts:

1. Goodpasture does have a good team but Alcoa has a GREAT team

2. Goodpasture is 14-0 but they will finish 14-1

3. If Goodpasture is fast then Alcoa is lightning (dont try to compare speed with them)

4. Goodpasture probably will run the ball but i dont think they will gain many yards.

5. 2005 is gone but the problem is they have to face Alcoa again in 2006

6. Passing might be the only chance they have to keep it close

7. I hope they show up, because it will be forfeit if they dont and everyone will be PO'ed.

"I heard from my best friend's sister that she her from her boyfriend's 2nd cousin that Ferris passed out last night at 31 flavors and is going to need a kidney transplant."

Facts:

3. If Goodpasture is fast then Alcoa is lightning (dont try to compare speed with them)

4. Goodpasture probably will run the ball but i dont think they will gain many yards.

7. I hope they show up, because it will be forfeit if they dont and everyone will be PO'ed.

You missed my whole point. its okay, you don't know your're ignorant. Its not bad - you just don't know.

Edited by oknative

Facts:

Goodpasture will have success with all of the above and will win this game.

This machine will never stop until the championship is won. After tonight, mission accomplished Goodpasture 31- Alcoa 21.

Everyone have a safe drive down to the Boro and I pray their are no injuries on either side tonight.

Go Cougars!

"I heard from my best friend's sister that she her from her boyfriend's 2nd cousin that Ferris passed out last night at 31 flavors and is going to need a kidney transplant."

You're kidding. I heard from my wife's son, who heard from a player at school, that they thought they saw someone talking about what might have been a discussion about hearing from another player, who might have been there, but that it was absolutely true, that they heard it from someone else. And you can take that to the bank.

Edited by oknative