Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but I told ya so! Congrats to GP on a great season, just think you all are a little too cocky. Maybe this will humble you?? Either way great job! And of course gotta give it up to my boys at Alcoa! You all looked great out there, thanks for leading off our East TN class 2,3,and 4a sweeps!! We look to continue tradition tommorow! Hope to see Alcoa supporting Fulton and Maryville tommorow at the Boro ;-p

fyi for any interested parties, Coach Reid just won his 14th game and advances to the semi's with East PAulding. They beat Starr's Mill, 35-28.

Congrats to Alcoa.

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres 4 teams left in the Georgia state finals...... Coach Reid's team is ONE of them. Great job Alcoa players!!!!!!!!

You want to make a big deal that you ALMOST beat Fulton, a mighty 3A team, but alas a field goal, and now you're criticizing Rankin for losing that game. And this same Fulton is now playing David Lipscomb in the 3A state championship, the same David Lipscomb team that GP beat. Yet you don't want to give GP credit for BEATING Lipscomb. How is it that a loss to a 3A state title contender is better than a win against a 3A state title contender. Sounds like GP has the edge over Alcoa in this argument.

Laying down in close games?? GP had only a 1 pt advantage over Milan last week at halftime, and GP came out and took the game over. GP was also down at halftime to CPA by 7, and beat them by 14, so you can't possibly say we've laid down in close games. In fact, GP has risen to the challenge as opposed to laying down as you think. And the 3 close games you did play, you lost 2 of them. So clearly, its Alcoa that lays down when the playing gets tough - can't seem to win the big games that are close.

And you're criticizing GP for blowout games, yet Alcoa beat the other 11 teams you didn't mention by a margin of 45 points. (not some 55-0 or 67-0 blowout) I guess those 11 teams you beat are the "so called good teams" of east TN.

McCallie?? So you beat a passing offense. GP played CPA, who has one of the top rated quarterbacks in Tennessee. CPA came out in a pro west coast spread offense with 4 and 5 receivers, yet lost to GP by 14. You only beat a high powered passing offense by 3, yet we beat one, twice, by 14, then 13.

And yes, Alcoa did lose to two teams in higher division, as was probably expected. And you "Played with them", Yet GP played a team from a higher division, and was expected to lose, yet "played with them" and WON. And our game wasn't decided by a field goal. We beat them by a touchdown.

And if your facts aren't completely worthless, your opinions of Martin are Rankin are even more worthless. Sure fans may "hate" Martin and Rankin, but that's because they beat their teams. If you knew anything about football, which your facts above clearly show you don't, then you'd know that the people who know football respect both Martin and Rankin because they know how to make their own teams win.

The more arguments you make, the better I think GP's chances are of beating Alcoa.

I'm hoping for a good close game deserving of a state championship, that is free of injuries.

How you like dem apples oknative?? Looks like you were the ignorant one on this one bud. I told you that GP couldn't keep up with Alcoa! They did look a lot better than a year ago, but they need to balance the Offense some. They drove down Alcoa's throat, but couldnt get it in. You expect to win the big games when you're one dimensional. They did do a good job containing Shivy, but he still had over 100. He's a heck of a back, and Lanxter made the db's look like turtles. Speed kills like I said before and GP didn't have much of it! Alcoa is building a DYNASTY!!!! 31-3 :thumb:

All I know is that kid should have not, i mean not have said anything to shivy. be ready for a 200 yard rushing game. That is all i have to say.

And that was true about the GP player not shaking Shivy's hand. My cousin/god brother was there and saw the whole thing! I bet he shook his hand after the game though!! hahaha, Hopefully that young man learned a valuable lesson, respect the 3 time champs baby!! :thumb:

Well, I almost bought into the Goodpasture had alot of speed/really improved hype. I almost changed my mind and said that it may be a close game, but my gut said no. My gut was right. Congrats on making it to the state game, but the result was similar to last year. Great first half, but unfortunatly football has 2. I don't know what was said in the locker room, but it worked. If the handshake happened, and I heard alot about it tonight, then I bet Fischer feels dumb right now. Good job to both teams, but once again the cream rises to the top. I would trade 2 regular season losses to possible state champs and win state, then go undefeated and come up short.