Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

Congratulations to Alcoa!

Your team can compete with any school in the state of Tennessee. I was impressed with the QB to WR combination that Alcoa had. Rankin seemed to be passing more than he did at Riverdale. Alcoa definitely had an advantage there and did a good job of exploiting it.

Goodpasture moved the ball well, but couldn't finish the drives. Their line was impressive. Sorry Goodpasture...its unfortunate that only one team in each class ends the season happy.

After watching Fulton play on Saturday, I would like to see Fulton play Alcoa again. Then the winner of that game play the winner of Catholic and Maryville. That would give you the best team in the state (no offense Smyrna).

:thumb: hmmmmm you may be on to something there...the best team in Tennessee lurks somewhere in the East!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Alcoa!

Your team can compete with any school in the state of Tennessee. I was impressed with the QB to WR combination that Alcoa had. Rankin seemed to be passing more than he did at Riverdale. Alcoa definitely had an advantage there and did a good job of exploiting it.

Goodpasture moved the ball well, but couldn't finish the drives. Their line was impressive. Sorry Goodpasture...its unfortunate that only one team in each class ends the season happy.

After watching Fulton play on Saturday, I would like to see Fulton play Alcoa again. Then the winner of that game play the winner of Catholic and Maryville. That would give you the best team in the state (no offense Smyrna).

I'm sure Brentwood Academy, or Smyrna...or Riverdale would love the chance.

Alcoa beat McCallie who beat Riverdale and BA and Riverdale beat Smyrna.

McCallie also lost to Brentwood Academy in the title game. Maryville barely beat a 4-7 Brainerd team 30-26, but I wouldn't use that ONE game as my gage of how good they were. I could give more examples of why comparing scores doesn't always work, but I hope you see that you can't use ONE game to judge how a team would play another.

You guys beat us fair and square. I have no excuses but just to say congradulations on the victory. You guys are the champs. I stood behind

my sons team to the bitter end and that is the way it is. He still has 3 years

left over there so hopefully we will meet up in the future.

Good Luck in the future.

Thanks for the classy, humble post. Sure am glad it's you having to say that instead of me! :thumb:

Goodpasture had improved, we could tell that. They did a good job holding Shivy to just under 200, but they forgot about Lanxter & Sommer. Tate did a good job coming in and being a decoy to remind GP that he was there, too. Just too many weapons, that's what it boils down to.

I asked this question earlier: Are you sure your scales aren't broken over there? I didn't think your linemen looked like 250+, unless they carry their weight extremely well!

Congratulations to GP for getting the championships again, not just happy to be there, but being true contenders.

Thanks for the classy, humble post. Sure am glad it's you having to say that instead of me! :lol:

Goodpasture had improved, we could tell that. They did a good job holding Shivy to just under 200, but they forgot about Lanxter & Sommer. Tate did a good job coming in and being a decoy to remind GP that he was there, too. Just too many weapons, that's what it boils down to.

I asked this question earlier: Are you sure your scales aren't broken over there? I didn't think your linemen looked like 250+, unless they carry their weight extremely well!

Congratulations to GP for getting the championships again, not just happy to be there, but being true contenders.

:thumb: I agree.....classy post VolCamry. I would support my son as well. We will see ya again, Lord willing, down the road.

After watching all the games i would rank the top 6 schools in all classifications

Maryville

Alcoa

Fulton

Goodpasture

Lipscomb

Hillsboro

I thought all 5 of these schools were better than the 2 5a schools and are the best teams in tennessee.

A great year for east tennessee football, all i can say is speed kills, congrats to the Alcoa players and fans, hoping for many more goodpasture-alcoa matchups in the future.

After watching all the games i would rank the top 6 schools in all classifications

Maryville

Alcoa

Fulton

Goodpasture

Lipscomb

Hillsboro

I thought all 5 of these schools were better than the 2 5a schools and are the best teams in tennessee.

I disagree there, both 5 A teams were very talented, they deserve to be on the list.

Thanks for the classy, humble post. Sure am glad it's you having to say that instead of me! :thumb:

The LT is 310,LG is 265,C 225 maybe,RG is 270,RT 275-280

Maryville

Alcoa

Fulton

Goodpasture

Lipscomb

Hillsboro

Even though we shot ourselves in the foot against Fulton, let's not become like the BCS. I hate to say it but, Fulton beat us so they should be ranked ahead of us.