Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very ignorant thing to say. Sure, many of Ravenwood's students are fortunate enough to come from families who are "well off," but does that make them any less deserving of a state championship? The kids on both teams get up early, go to bed exhausted, and work their butts off for hours and hours from July to December (if they're lucky) in order to give their all for their team. And don't be mislead...Ravenwood has plenty of players and fans who are in the same tax bracket as those from Smyrna. Bringing up financial backgrounds only takes away from the true spirit of sportsmanship. Ravenwood fans are incredibly respectful; we go to great lengths to show our students the importance of being respectful both on and off the field. Our coaches instill an admirable amount of courage, confidence, and character in their players. And our players exhibit a sense of belief and heart that inspires us week in and week out. Ravenwood has taken a small group of ninth and tenth graders who were resentful to be removed from their previous school in 2002 and grown into a powerhouse that has earned respect across the state...in only four short years. Just because our fans arrive in nice cars does not take away from that.

That's a very ignorant thing to say. Sure, many of Ravenwood's students are fortunate enough to come from families who are "well off," but does that make them any less deserving of a state championship? The kids on both teams get up early, go to bed exhausted, and work their butts off for hours and hours from July to December (if they're lucky) in order to give their all for their team. And don't be mislead...Ravenwood has plenty of players and fans who are in the same tax bracket as those from Smyrna. Bringing up financial backgrounds only takes away from the true spirit of sportsmanship. Ravenwood fans are incredibly respectful; we go to great lengths to show our students the importance of being respectful both on and off the field. Our coaches instill an admirable amount of courage, confidence, and character in their players. And our players exhibit a sense of belief and heart that inspires us week in and week out. Ravenwood has taken a small group of ninth and tenth graders who were resentful to be removed from their previous school in 2002 and grown into a powerhouse that has earned respect across the state...in only four short years. Just because our fans arrive in nice cars does not take away from that.

Wow. Great post. I'll agree with you about Ravenwood fans. I go to Lipscomb Univeristy and I've had the chance to sit in the stands with lots of different fans from different schools, and Ravenwood fans are the most knowledgeable, most respectful, and all-around best fans I have ever seen. I'll probably be sitting with yall again Saturday night. Not cheering, just sitting and watching what will hopefully be a very entertaining game.

Who cares about all the pc money non sense last I checked its not illegal and most folks with money I know actually worked to get it ( well I do know a couple guys that didn't but lets not go into that here).

so unless you are joking smyrna fans leave the money deal off the table

as for sitting in the visitors bleachers my son who played for smyrna last yr knew a couple kids ar ravenwood and after smyrna was put out jumped on their bandwagon and sat with them through the playoffs

oakland you will be welcome in smyrnas section and I hope to have all the rutherford county and region 4 schools there to cheer us on because ravenwood will bring a huge crowd

I don't look for this game to be anything like last game I look for a high scoring game probably with the winner scoring in the 35 point range.

The Real Top 10 Differences Between Smyrna And Ravenwood

1. Our Mascot Isn't Extinct

2. Statistically And Record Wise We Are A Better Team

3. We Have Better Fans

4. We Don't Buy Victorys

5. We're A Faster Team

6. We're Louder

7. We Hit Harder

8. We're A Better Team

9. We Won't Stop Till After The Whistle Blows

10. We Believe More

ok lets break this down...

1. our mascot isnt exctinc either...its a bird or prey not a dinasour. nice try and on that one

2. Every school in the state besides Smyrna believes that RHS has better fans.

3. Not sure how you "buy" a victory??

4. You don't have the two time state champion decathalon on your team..MIKE AYERS, so your def. not faster than us.

5. our fans are much louder.... ask Josh, he would know.

6.You do not have Paul Cleckner, the hardest hitting linebacker in the state, so you def. do not hit harder.

7. I'm pretty sure we beat you guys last time which means we ae still better than you right now.

8. You dont stop till after the whistle blows is correct...which is why you got so many personal fouls called last game.

9. Im pretty sure you stole WE BELIEVE more from the RHS top ten list so now your just not creative.

....as for the statistics...yu might be better in that category, but thats only because there is noone else in your region to hang with you guys unlike our division with Brentwood (State champs 2002) Franklin, Dickson Country, and Independence. oh yeah we also played the 2006 DII State Champs, BA.

..Maybe you should try a new list, better luck next time!

Edited by rhsraptors10

Quit making stuff up, even if they wanted too, it's :thumb: impossible.

Don't believe me? Ask anyone who was actually standing there when it happened. Ask any of the Smyrna coaches, they will tell you it happened. I won't say anything on here that isn't true, and if you can PROVE me wrong then I will retract my statement. But as I said, it happened and I won't believe anything else because I saw it with my own two eyes. THAT is why I have such a poor opinion of Ravenwood.

Ravenwood I BELEIVE you have all the state of Tennessee behind yall! Smyrna are a bunch of sore winners and i hope yall put a beating on them Saturday!!! I wish yall had the chance to play Ooltewah Saturday: just becasue if yall would have beaten them yall would have known you beat the best team besides yall!

WOW! The whole state of Tennessee huh??? Well Smyrna fans I guess we are not only blue collar but we aren't even included in the STATE!!! Oh, I am just SO hurt! :thumb: (Good humor isn't it) :thumb:

I think this game has another angle nobody has considered. Smyrna was a part of the Mid-State Youth Football program and of course UNA. At least 75% of the players that are on the roster played in that league. Is this a battle of where you started? I know Smyrna is a part of TYFA today, but I look at it as The two leagues finally getting to play each other. As for the the "I believe" battle here is my comment. At 7:00 on Saturday Night they will put a coin in the air. We will find out who gets the ball first, and then we will buckle em up and go to work. It is simple as that. Good Luck to the Bulldogs.

Ravenwood has students from Brentwood, Franklin, and Nolensville. What does "Well off" got to do with football. If this is the example, Smyrna is "Well off" as well as compared to Nashville or Memphis schools that Ravenwood played during the run to the Championship game.

It was explained to us on a thread from a Hunter Lane football player that the student and parent section at Hunter Lane ballgame would have been much larger but most couldn't afford the $7 ticket. Now, tell me how poor Smyrna is! I guess no one from Smyrna will show up at MTSU Saturday night because they can't afford a $10 ticket.

This game will come down to grit and determination of the players and coaches, not class envy.