Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wait a minute.... don't you think that if it was wet then Smyrna would be at a disadvantage because it would be tougher to pass when it's wet?

In my opinion I don't think that the weather will be a factor in this game (thank god!!).

Both teams throw the ball very well and should not have a problem on Saturday. Also, both of these teams run the ball well and that balance on offense makes them both tough to defend. Game will probably come down to defense and special teams in the end.

Two of the best junior QB's in the state on the big stage!!!

Let me guess...you've never seen Ravenwood play

Seriously? Don't be stupid. I was at the Smyrna-Ravenwood game this year.

To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the Raptors that night and their crowd was not THAT big as yall have been saying.

But then again, the weather that night was pretty crappy.

Smyrna has not seen the real Ravenwood.

Ravenwood has not seen the real Smyrna.

once again, your wrong in many categories....when it comes to fans, the only other town ive heard that supports you is Oakland, on this same thread, everyone else wants Ravenwood to win. Everyone knows you cant BUY a game...come on use your head. Josh Crouch #17 of Smyrna....ask any smyrna fan and they will know what i mean, i mean our fans did get him kicked off the team for a short period. Josh day has nothing on Cleckner....many think that Cleckner should be the all-state linebacker. and the whole "who believes more" is just stupid so im not even going to argue that....so you got any more points cause so far im pretty sure i have negated every point you made......

Ok This Has Already Been Adressed By Someone Else But I'd Say All Of Region 4 Is Behind Smyrna And I Know The Only People Behind Ravenwood Are Ravenwood Fans...And Possibly Brentwood, So You Didn't Negate Anything There. You May Not Think You Could Buy A Game But That Just Proves You Don't Go To A Lot Of Football Games Or Watch That Much. Everyone No Matter What Team They Play For Or Watch Has Had A Night Where The Officiating Was Terrible And Refs Don't Work For Pitty. On The Whole Josh Note You're Right But He Has Really Turned It Up In An Effort To Make Up For His Mistake And You Better Believe He'll Be Ready. Funny About Cleckner I Haven't Heard Anything About Him...Anywhere...Not Even In The Last Game Against Smyrna. Did He Play? Is He Even Real? :thumb: I Mean If He's That Good How Come I Haven't Heard About Him On Any Posts Anywhere? Or Whenever The Papers Cover Ravenwood? :D So You Still Think You Negated Me?

Ok This Has Already Been Adressed By Someone Else But I'd Say All Of Region 4 Is Behind Smyrna And I Know The Only People Behind Ravenwood Are Ravenwood Fans...And Possibly Brentwood, So You Didn't Negate Anything There. You May Not Think You Could Buy A Game But That Just Proves You Don't Go To A Lot Of Football Games Or Watch That Much. Everyone No Matter What Team They Play For Or Watch Has Had A Night Where The Officiating Was Terrible And Refs Don't Work For Pitty. On The Whole Josh Note You're Right But He Has Really Turned It Up In An Effort To Make Up For His Mistake And You Better Believe He'll Be Ready. Funny About Cleckner I Haven't Heard Anything About Him...Anywhere...Not Even In The Last Game Against Smyrna. Did He Play? Is He Even Real? :thumb: I Mean If He's That Good How Come I Haven't Heard About Him On Any Posts Anywhere? Or Whenever The Papers Cover Ravenwood? :D So You Still Think You Negated Me?

you know that officials dont take money..unless you smyrna fans know something we dont...maybe thats what happened with you guys this year, just paid off a few refs. gues you forgot to pay them when we beat you and rivderdale beat you.and about cleckner...i guess you dont read much. there was a big write up in the tennessean about him. he also made the game winning sack on 4th downs n the Antioch and White Station game. oh and didnt he have 3 sacks on Mr. Sonny Gray when he played you....maybe you should stop living in a hole.....and yes i have negated every point you have made. you obviously must be one of those fairweather fans cause you surely dont know crap about high school football....

ok lets break this down...

1. our mascot isnt exctinc either...its a bird or prey not a dinasour. nice try and on that one

2. Every school in the state besides Smyrna believes that RHS has better fans.

3. Not sure how you "buy" a victory??

4. You don't have the two time state champion decathalon on your team..MIKE AYERS, so your def. not faster than us.

5. our fans are much louder.... ask Josh, he would know.

6.You do not have Paul Cleckner, the hardest hitting linebacker in the state, so you def. do not hit harder.

7. I'm pretty sure we beat you guys last time which means we ae still better than you right now.

8. You dont stop till after the whistle blows is correct...which is why you got so many personal fouls called last game.

9. Im pretty sure you stole WE BELIEVE more from the RHS top ten list so now your just not creative.

....as for the statistics...yu might be better in that category, but thats only because there is noone else in your region to hang with you guys unlike our division with Brentwood (State champs 2002) Franklin, Dickson Country, and Independence. oh yeah we also played the 2006 DII State Champs, BA.

..Maybe you should try a new list, better luck next time!

i do believe raptors are extinct.

your right, it does happen with all teams, but i can honestly say that i have never seen a more loyal fan base....at EVERY playoff game this year for RHS, all of which were away, we had more fans than the home team....even in memphis. Also, when we had lost 3 of our first 4 games....people still showed, the stands were still packed.

Ravenwood had a very large crowd in Memphis,however they did not have more fans then White Station,the home stands was packed and people was standing around fence,on the vistor side the stands are smaller and there was a few empty seats around the Ravenwood band which by the way would play when White Station had the ball (which is another issue).

Okay so I'm sorry to change the subject but I read something on here and then read an article in the paper this morning and I am trying to get a straight answer. On here someone said, (and no I don't remember who) that the game Saturday night was supposed to start at 7:30PM. In the DNJ this morning it said that the game started at 7:00PM.

Does anyone know what the correct game time is? :thumb:

Okay so I'm sorry to change the subject but I read something on here and then read an article in the paper this morning and I am trying to get a straight answer. On here someone said, (and no I don't remember who) that the game Saturday night was supposed to start at 7:30PM. In the DNJ this morning it said that the game started at 7:00PM.

Does anyone know what the correct game time is? :thumb:

TSSAA web site list 7 PM. This is dependent on the 4A Game. If it goes longer, the 5A teams still get the allotted dressing room time and field workout time. Last year, the game was delayed by about 30 minutes.

It will be on TV again. UPN30 will have the coverage in Nashville

TV Affiliates for BlueCross Bowl

Knoxville - WBXX East Tennessee's CW

Chattanooga – WFLI (The CW Chattanooga)

Memphis - Comcast Cable

Jackson – Jackson Energy Authority Cable

Nashville - MyTV30

Edited by rapbwood

TSSAA web site list 7 PM. This is dependent on the 4A Game. If it goes longer, the 5A teams still get the allotted dressing room time and field workout time. Last year, the game was delayed by about 30 minutes.

It will be on TV again. UPN30 will have the coverage in Nashville

TV Affiliates for BlueCross Bowl

Knoxville - WBXX East Tennessee's CW

Chattanooga – WFLI (The CW Chattanooga)

Memphis - Comcast Cable

Jackson – Jackson Energy Authority Cable

Nashville - MyTV30

There is no more UPN 30. They merged with the WB Network and now have some new name, and I have no idea what the channel is, it may still be channel 30 I don't know.

However, I went ahead and looked on the Comcast Guide and all games will be showing on Comcast Channel 14. I already have it saved on my OnDemand to tape while I am at the game :thumb: Anyway, channel 14 may be the new UPN/WB I don't know, but that's the channel it will be on if you have comcast.

Okay looks like there is still a channel UPN 30 :lol: I thought they merged with the WB.... oh well doesn't matter! Good luck Saturday!

Edited by bulldogsalltheway

hey guys, i know i just joined but lets just talk about the game. i went to ravenwood last year and let me tell ya this is gonna be a great game....i have seen smyrna play........they are a very good team... and so is ravenwood. Everyone should just sit back and say WOW!! yall are the best two teams in 5a... of course i want ravenwood to win but it is goin to be a heck of a game......both teams are totally different from the first meeting...both are alot better...so I am just sayin we are goin to see a heck of a ballgame...i cant wait.....so everyone pack warm and be safe on the drive which isnt that far.....

LETS GO RAPTORS