Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Smyrna has made major adjustments to the D-line. They put more guys up front and you will see new faces or guys in new places on the D-line. So far it has worked out fine.

If they do this, they will be some WR open. You have to take the poison. Guard against the run and get kill by the pass. Guard against the pass and get killed by the run. It will take balance to keep it in check. I view the same problems for the Ravenwood defense against the Smyrna offense. Both offenses have a balance run/pass game.

The job Ravenwood's two tackles did in the Antioch game against Buchanan and McAdoo was impressive. You won't see a more athletic pair of ends than those two guys and Ravenwood's OT's were phenominal in that game, which was a great game of ebb and flow, much like the Ooltewah- Smyrna game. Smyrna does lack playmakers on the D-Line, but with guys like Shadrake holding down the middle and my homeboy Josh Day coming off the edge like Shawne Merriman, their back 7 plays some really good football.

The more I analyze this game, the more I think this will be a classic football game. These two teams are pretty evenly matched, but I'm going to go with the theory that it is hard to beat a good team twice. The thing that makes me feel good about this theory is that the team that I think will win the revenge game has a QB that has started about 30 games in his career. Becker is a FANTASTIC QB (I mean really good), but I saw something in Sonny's eyes last week that I just love about him. The way he got his team into the right plays, got the ball to the open guy, and just looked like the coolest, calmest guy out there was amazing.

Smyrna 28

Ravenwood 24

Let me borrow your binoculars. I can’t see player’s eyes from where I sit. These must be the same ones you use at the Titans game. 1000x

P.S. How did you feel when McNair came into town wearing purple against the hometown team? McAair was great for the Titans during his tenure but a new gun is in town. How about VY4MVP? I loved the old gun but very pleased with the new gun game performance.

guys let me tell ya....i am so excited about the game.....i alreadygraduated from ravenwood last year and i still feel that anxiety in me....i just want to say to both teams......good luck both have played their hearts out to get here....and one quick ?..how many ppl do u think is going to be there tomorrow.....i know for a fact it will be more than last years game......

good luck

Go Raptors

guys let me tell ya....i am so excited about the game.....i alreadygraduated from ravenwood last year and i still feel that anxiety in me....i just want to say to both teams......good luck both have played their hearts out to get here....and one quick ?..how many ppl do u think is going to be there tomorrow.....i know for a fact it will be more than last years game......

good luck

Go Raptors

Hey Ravenwood Grad...I'm A Smyrna Grad And I Know What You Mean. I'm So Pumped I'm Arriving At Like 11:30 To Watch All The Games...LOL. But From What I've Heard There Will Be At Least 5,000 Smyrna Fans Alone And Around 4,000 Ravenwood Fans I'm Sure There Will Be More Than That For Most Schools But That's The Last Ticket Count I Heard. Anyways Good Luck To Both Teams. :thumb: