Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one thing that demoralizes a team more than anything is the opposing team being able to control the ball and clock on offense. Nothing that I've seen drags a team down more than having their offense kept off the field. Having to watch the other offense getting little 4 yard plays on the their defense time and again, converting 3rd down and shorts time and again, and having long sustained scoring drives that take 10+ plays, just saps the life out of a team. It hurts the other offense because they sit, get frustrated, get anxious, etc. So, I think Lipscomb winning this football game against an explosive offensive back like Rogan will rest on their ability to control the clock IN THE FIRST HALF and keep the ball away from him as much as possible. Getting good yards on first down will help that. If Fulton's offense gets many chances, Rogan will break a long one eventually because he's so talented, so DL must limit those chances as much as possible early and do it with the offense.

For someone who has been a member since 2002 and with over 700 posts, its hard to imagine that you have never heard of Bulldog69 or Coach Hard, or the many faces of Bomb Squad..how about Muffin, TwittyCanes, ELA, GLAB, Big Country, or the Catfish Hunter. Do you even know who Chuck Ross is, or Billy Davis, Blackcat, Wildcat73, Cat Stevens, The Rev. Al Sharpie, Chico, The guy who owns Pizza Perfect, Freight Train McAdoo, Leslie Hardwinkle, Hosea Rosenblum.

By the way, the Mustangs are preparing for Fulton as we speak.

May I remind you that to be a member of this “Elite Poster” club, there are several requirements that you first need to meet.

1. You must pass a written and oral competency exam.

2. You must pass a thorough mental evaluation.

3. You must pass an intense and strenuous physical exam.

4. Get through “The Bulldog69 Boot Camp” without crying for Mama.

5. Be able to beat COACHARD in arm wrestling.

6. Have more screen names than BombSquad.

7. Get your real estate license.

8. Make up riddles and rhymes on a whim.

9. Know what buttons to push to get under peoples skin.

10. Learn to play the bag pipes.

David Lipscomb-24

Fulton-18

I think one thing that demoralizes a team more than anything is the opposing team being able to control the ball and clock on offense. Nothing that I've seen drags a team down more than having their offense kept off the field. Having to watch the other offense getting little 4 yard plays on the their defense time and again, converting 3rd down and shorts time and again, and having long sustained scoring drives that take 10+ plays, just saps the life out of a team. It hurts the other offense because they sit, get frustrated, get anxious, etc. So, I think Lipscomb winning this football game against an explosive offensive back like Rogan will rest on their ability to control the clock IN THE FIRST HALF and keep the ball away from him as much as possible. Getting good yards on first down will help that. If Fulton's offense gets many chances, Rogan will break a long one eventually because he's so talented, so DL must limit those chances as much as possible early and do it with the offense.

I agree with you about controlling the clock, but must warn the lipscomb fans of what is coming...Fulton's defense doesnt allow teams to run the ball. To beat fulton you MUST go to the air. But then you meet some of the fastest DB's you've played all year. Catholic and PC had success with the pass, but catholic AND Alcoa were shut down on the ground...For those of you that think Fulton is a team who cant shut down the run, you will be in for a rude awakening...

Edited by fultonfalcon2006

May I remind you that to be a member of this “Elite Poster” club, there are several requirements that you first need to meet.

David Lipscomb-24

Fulton-18

Wow! By just taking rule # 1 into account as related to Coach T posters........ this club is more exclusive than the Skull and Bones Club.

I think Lipscomb's character and coaching keeps the big play ability of Fulton out of balance and DL gets the win. Field position and clock control. I expect Fulton to make a lot of mistakes against a team like DL.

Good luck Mustangs........

Edited by NoDoubt

David Lipscomb-24

Fulton-18

...It's like Phase 10, but on a much more important scale. If you achieve all ten of these feats, well, you have most certainly earned the title "elite".

I agree with you about controlling the clock, but must warn the lipscomb fans of what is coming...Fulton's defense doesnt allow teams to run the ball. To beat fulton you MUST go to the air. But then you meet some of the fastest DB's you've played all year. Catholic and PC had success with the pass, but catholic AND Alcoa were shut down on the ground...For those of you that think Fulton is a team who cant shut down the run, you will be in for a rude awakening...

I know Fulton has a very good defense, and Lipscomb knows they will have to play a very solid game up front on the line to win. I know Fulton has played some teams with great talent, but I can't say Fulton has played a team more physical than David Lipscomb. I think it will be an interesting matchup.

I know Fulton has a very good defense, and Lipscomb knows they will have to play a very solid game up front on the line to win. I know Fulton has played some teams with great talent, but I can't say Fulton has played a team more physical than David Lipscomb. I think it will be an interesting matchup.

Catholic and Alcoa are 2 of the most physical teams in the state...