Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

As stated previously not many Maryville folks on here are predicting anything. Hillsboro has been picked by 14 by one and 11 by another and no one came unglued over that. I don't think anything said on this website warrants an entire fan base being labeled arrogant.

Film has been broken down by the coaches by now so they and the players know exactly the challenge that lies ahead. Maryville did not get where they currently are by ever assumming anything or overlooking anyone. Everyone outside of Blount County will want Maryville to lose. We are use to it.

Good luck to both teams.

Not everyone "wants Maryville to lose"; I do not wish Maryville to lose. I am pulling for Hillsboro due to region loyalty. I am very impressed with Maryville's history and success and think the fans should be proud of them. I am sorry if you perceived my post as all Maryville fans. It was directed at the ones who stated " If anyone picks Hillsboro to win they are a fool. Hillsboro shouldn't even show up. This will be a run away. Maryville 35 Hillsboro 13" or " This will be a close gane(sic) at first but Maryville will pull away by the 2nd quarter and the second and third teams will be in in the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th."

I see ony a 11 point, two 14 point and a 4 point prediction by Hillsboro fans; with no arrogant remarks or downgrading of Maryville mentioned in any post. I didn't come "unglued"; I just hate arrogant people. This shows how much class those individuals have. It also reflects on all Maryville fans; therefore you should be offended that they are trying to represent you.

Edited by THSOLDAD

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see ony a 11 point, two 14 point and a 4 point prediction by Hillsboro fans; with no arrogant remarks or downgrading of Maryville mentioned in any post. I didn't come "unglued"; I just hate arrogant people. This shows how much class those individuals have. It also reflects on all Maryville fans; therefore you should be offended that they are trying to represent you.

Good lord........stop your whinning. Nobody is representing anybody on a stupid highschool sports board. Just because a couple of kids try to crank you up and you fall for it hook....line....and sinker doesn't require an ignorant rant and labeling of a fan base.....pathetic.

Here's the deal, Reah County, Red Bank, and Mo West were all supposed to beat Maryville this year. This is going to be the same as the last couple of years, close game in the first half and then coaching takes over where Maryville will always have the advantage as long as Quarles is still there. Maryville wins 31-17. Three in a row...Again

Hillsboro is going to take this one away from Maryville. Watch out for Demetrous Garrett..He will eat a defense away

Hilsboro 14

Maryville 10

I CAN SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM LIP, ABOUT GARRETT, BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT A TANNER, CAN TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM JUST FINE.

GOOD GAME FRIDAY NITE MARYVILLE, AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU NEXT SATURDAY.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS NEXT WEEK, AND GOD BLESS AND KEEP ALL OF YOU BOYS SAFE.

Rebels by 10! I'm never picking against them again! East Tn. goes 3-0!!

THATS GOOD RESPECT ALCOA.

I WISH YOU COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE STANDS FRIDAY NITE AND HEARD THAT BUNCH WHEN THEY HEARD YOU ALL WHERE UP 14 TO NOTHING. EVERYBODY YELLED OUT REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS.

AND FULTON, THEY ARE ON YOUR SIDE TOO. GO TEAMS...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL THIS WEEKEND,

WILL BE THERE TO SUPPORT ALL 3 OF YOU EAST TENN. TEAMS.

GOD BLESS ALL YOU BOYS, KEEP IT CLEAN AND SAFE.

AT MOST you can say maryville and Hillsboro teams are equal...I havent seen Hillsboro play but i have seen maryville and the way they operate i think they are the 2nd best team in the state....Behind the Vols of course :thumb:

With equal teams it comes down to coaching and it doesnt get any bigger then GQ. I may not care for the guy much but you have to respect what hes done. If his guys cant beat you on the field he will out coach you on the sidelines. Hillsboro doesnt have that. I dont care who you hire!

Not everyone "wants Maryville to lose"; I do not wish Maryville to lose. I am pulling for Hillsboro due to region loyalty. I am very impressed with Maryville's history and success and think the fans should be proud of them. I am sorry if you perceived my post as all Maryville fans. It was directed at the ones who stated " If anyone picks Hillsboro to win they are a fool. Hillsboro shouldn't even show up. This will be a run away. Maryville 35 Hillsboro 13" or " This will be a close gane(sic) at first but Maryville will pull away by the 2nd quarter and the second and third teams will be in in the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th."

If I were going to spend all my time worrying about what a few say on here or worse trying to police them, i would not bother getting on. It is simply not worth the time. If you want to use an entire page to play judge and jury have at it. Funny though that someone as politically correct as you would use the word "hate" on a high school football board.

Haven't seen Hillsboro play, but GQ & Company is amazing. Can take a group of boys that nobody said had a chance of going to the championship (much less going undefeated and winning the whole thing) and turn them into champions.

This household will be 5 strong come Sat. cheering on Murvul!!!

This will be the first time in my life I've gone to a MHS game and cheered them on! (Of course, the only other MHS games I've gone to are the Murvul-Alcoa games!)

GO REBELS!!!!

After watching the Rebels dismantle my Trojans last week I don't see Hillsboro being much of a problem. I have said from the beginning that the only team that can beat Maryville this year is Maryville. I was impressed at how well Maryville played in every facet of the game. They had an offensive line where each was outweighed at least 10-25 pounds and for the most part dominated. They had an extremely balanced attack on offense and got the ball into their playmakers' hands. (And dear God can that Maples kid run.) I have seen most of the Maryville teams of the past, and this one may not have the most "talented" group of guys but they are possibly the best unit I have seen. Defensively they had the best discipline of a unit I have seen in a long time. I can't think of a time when a defensive player was out of position, and that is very hard to say in high school football. I think this will be a good game, but unless Maryville shoots itself in the foot, I don't see an upset. Good luck to both teams, but I hope the Gold Ball can stay in East TN.

Edited by JHITE7