Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

Eye jest hope tha Burros takes hit easy on us.

Eye will be pullin the famous Silver Bullet (1961 Airsteam 9 ft. Bambi) down to tha Boro behind Ol' Nellie Belle, my garbige/recrutin truk. Jest klick on STARSNBARS fer a pitcher of the Silver Bullet. She's wall to wall mattress inside. :D

Eye will be stirrun up some East Tn. grubb on Fridee nite and Saturdee. On Fridee nite we will have Chilly and Beans, with politically correct "crackers." On Saturdee will will have Beans, Fried taters, skillet cornbread, and sweet tea and sweet onions. Yum Yum. :thumb:

After eatin all this, ennybody frum East Tn. should have enuff gas to git back home and up tha mountain, even if the gas hands settin on emptee. :)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Burro train will roll into the Boro Saturday to take on the Rebels, both teams 14-0. This is an unbelievable match-up and the 3rd meeting of the two teams in the state championship. The Burro's have never beaten the Rebels and are clearly the under dog in this match-up. The rebels haven't lost in 44 or so games but don't count the Hillsboro Burro's out of this one. This will be a a real hard hitting contest and it is my opinion the Burro's will come out on top when all the dust settles.

Roll Burro Train Roll

Edited by Footballfan15

AT MOST you can say maryville and Hillsboro teams are equal...I havent seen Hillsboro play but i have seen maryville and the way they operate i think they are the 2nd best team in the state....Behind the Vols of course :thumb:

With equal teams it comes down to coaching and it doesnt get any bigger then GQ. I may not care for the guy much but you have to respect what hes done. If his guys cant beat you on the field he will out coach you on the sidelines. Hillsboro doesnt have that. I dont care who you hire!

Nobody here really knows Coach Blades at Hillsboro as he is from California. Coach Quarles is obviously well known b/c he did his damage here in the great state of TN. Do not underestimate the coaching ability of Coach Blades; he is a very worthy advesary for Coach Quarles and it should be very interesting to see these 2 great coaches knock heads on the field. Good luck to both sides.

I see ony a 11 point, two 14 point and a 4 point prediction by Hillsboro fans; with no arrogant remarks or downgrading of Maryville mentioned in any post. I didn't come "unglued"; I just hate arrogant people. This shows how much class those individuals have. It also reflects on all Maryville fans; therefore you should be offended that they are trying to represent you.

Good lord........stop your whinning. Nobody is representing anybody on a stupid highschool sports board. Just because a couple of kids try to crank you up and you fall for it hook....line....and sinker doesn't require an ignorant rant and labeling of a fan base.....pathetic

Amen to that response. AS for the game.....two straight years I watched Hillsboro loose against Maryville when they had the better team and pretty much outplayed Maryville. Hillsboro took a couple of plays off and Maryville took advantage and won the game. Maryville is usually the better team than most teams they play. And when they are not, they find a way to win. Truely an amazing feat for 4A football program to have the championship run that they have had.

I think Maryville will find a way to win this game.........But Hillsboro is capable of winning this game. They are a talented bunch and are well coached.

I look forward to watching a good high school football game this Sat......Good luck to both teams.

Listen closely. The game will not be close. The University of Maryville will continue their dominance. They take teams that have not lost all year and make them look like a middle school team. Don't waste your money going to the game. Maryville by 21.....well maybe 14 if they have to put their freshman team in the end. By the way, I am unbiased. I don't like nor do I dislike the Rebels. I just know facts. Rout 66!!!

Sounds like a lot of people think Maryville will win and a lot think Hillsboro will win, but opinions without supporting evidence are really not that valuable...

Has anyone on here seen both teams play this year? If so, what are your thoughts?

Does Hillsboro have more depth than they've had in the past or do they have a lot of guys going both ways?

I've heard some say that they bring a more balanced attack under their new coach, but also that they have fewer "star" players. If that's the case, then what do those of you who know Hillsboro think the net effect is?

What does the turnover ratio look like for Hillsboro? Do they take away a lot of possessions from their opponents? If so, do they do it by interception or fumble?

Can anyone tell me more about coach Blades? Came from California? What part, what school, what did he do there and how long has he been here?

FBE - Will you be watching game film this week and providing a breakdown?

These are things that will help us make intelligent predictions.

I see ony a 11 point, two 14 point and a 4 point prediction by Hillsboro fans; with no arrogant remarks or downgrading of Maryville mentioned in any post. I didn't come "unglued"; I just hate arrogant people. This shows how much class those individuals have. It also reflects on all Maryville fans; therefore you should be offended that they are trying to represent you.

Good lord........stop your whinning. Nobody is representing anybody on a stupid highschool sports board. Just because a couple of kids try to crank you up and you fall for it hook....line....and sinker doesn't require an ignorant rant and labeling of a fan base.....pathetic

Amen to that response. AS for the game.....two straight years I watched Hillsboro loose against Maryville when they had the better team and pretty much outplayed Maryville. Hillsboro took a couple of plays off and Maryville took advantage and won the game. Maryville is usually the better team than most teams they play. And when they are not, they find a way to win. Truely an amazing feat for 4A football program to have the championship run that they have had.

I think Maryville will find a way to win this game.........But Hillsboro is capable of winning this game. They are a talented bunch and are well coached.

I look forward to watching a good high school football game this Sat......Good luck to both teams.

Why dont you both read and quote the whole post? You are just as ignorant as you say I am. Heck you are ranting and raving as much as I but because you are from east Tenn, it must be logic not ranting. If you took the time to read the whole post you will see I said all that you said about the awesome string Maryville put together. I also stated that my post was not directed at the complete fan base. I see reading comprehension is not taught in east Tenn. I am not answering anything else about this post as pathetic and ignorant people (the ones quoted above; not all Maryville fans) never see or read but what they want to. You can have the last word .... I don't have to as I have made my statement and I also stated that both teams deserved to be where they are and be proud of their seasons.

Sounds like a lot of people think Maryville will win and a lot think Hillsboro will win, but opinions without supporting evidence are really not that valuable...

Has anyone on here seen both teams play this year? If so, what are your thoughts?

Does Hillsboro have more depth than they've had in the past or do they have a lot of guys going both ways?

I've heard some say that they bring a more balanced attack under their new coach, but also that they have fewer "star" players. If that's the case, then what do those of you who know Hillsboro think the net effect is?

What does the turnover ratio look like for Hillsboro? Do they take away a lot of possessions from their opponents? If so, do they do it by interception or fumble?

Can anyone tell me more about coach Blades? Came from California? What part, what school, what did he do there and how long has he been here?

FBE - Will you be watching game film this week and providing a breakdown?

These are things that will help us make intelligent predictions.

I wished everyone took your approach to sizing up a game.