Division I, Class 4A Lineman of the Year

Aaron Douglas

Maryville High School

Finalists

Cory Hall

Brainerd High School

Thomas Majors

Maplewood Comprehensive High School

Maples has already committed to UT, Douglas is just a junior but he has also committed to UT.

Congratulations to both and the entire staff and players. BURRO Bound for another GOLD BALL.

Life is good!!!

Edited by tnnitehawk

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAY TO GO RED REBELS!!

.....now if I could just get a ride to Nashville......any takers?...there's gas money and H-cap parking for incentive....huh?...anyone??

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

Should have room in my van. Schedule is to leave early Sat. am catch the 3A game and return after the Maryville win. If this will work for you. Let me know how to make contact.

Division I, Class 4A Back of the Year

Tyler Maples

Maryville High School

Finalists

Cass Barnes

Tullahoma High School

Terrence Hilt

Division I, Class 4A Lineman of the Year

Aaron Douglas

Maryville High School

Finalists

Cory Hall

Brainerd High School

Thomas Majors

Maples has already committed to UT, Douglas is just a junior but he has also committed to UT.

Congratulations to both and the entire staff and players. BURRO Bound for another GOLD BALL.

Life is good!!!

Those are my two main reasons behind a Maryville win. After seeing them 2 weeks ago, they WILL win this game. Maryville will not be out played, coached, or hustled. You can bet the farm and house and the dog on that one. Good luck to all and stay healthy. I can't wait to see how Maples fits in at UT.

I wished everyone took your approach to sizing up a game.

fyi borro's oppponents combined record for this year 75-81. red rebels apponents combined record 88-73. does this matter ? who knows-i do think it says alot when you look at the opponents records from the quarterfinals and semis. the burros played teams that were 8-4 (quarters) and 9-4 (semis). red rebels played 12-0 (quarters) and 13-0 (semis) after looking at this info i say red rebels 31-burros 20. MOVE THEM CHAINS-GO RED REBELS!!!!!

fyi borro's oppponents combined record for this year 75-81. red rebels apponents combined record 88-73. does this matter ? who knows-i do think it says alot when you look at the opponents records from the quarterfinals and semis. the burros played teams that were 8-4 (quarters) and 9-4 (semis). red rebels played 12-0 (quarters) and 13-0 (semis) after looking at this info i say red rebels 31-burros 20. MOVE THEM CHAINS-GO RED REBELS!!!!!

Why did you reply to my post with this????????? All I said on my post was I wished everybody sized up the game as the gentleman in the post I had replied to. I didnt pick one team over the other or even make a comment on either team. What is up with you?

Edited by THSOLDAD

Why did you reply to my post with this????????? All I said on my quote was I wished everybody sized up the game as the gentleman in the post I had replied to. I didnt pick one team over the other or even make a comment on either team. What is up with you?

i was just adding to the"sizing up the game" sorry if this offended you-i thought it was pertinent info-any comment on the info i provided would be welcomed-MHS'85

This game is going to be a dandy. It will be as good if not better than the 2004 Maryville-Melrose championship game. I think there will be a little more scoring than that 7-6 classic. Maryville has been Maryville all year, however there closest game of the year was against Alcoa, who presented a potential to pass and run. Hillsboro offense is comparable to Alcoa's. So look for a great game on Sat. I don't see a blowout by any means. I think as always the game will be won in the trenches and whoever protects the ball. Good luck to both teams.

i was just adding to the"sizing up the game" sorry if this offended you-i thought it was pertinent info-any comment on the info i provided would be welcomed-MHS'85

NP just did not know where you were going. I am sorry if I seemed to take it wrong. TY for the info. Yes I believe that is usefull info. But needs to be carried out with info on strength of schedule etc. of the opponents to be more conclusive. I know both teams are caplable of winning the game. I respect Maryville and believe they are a heck of a team. If Hillsboro is to beat them; they must play mistake free football and capitalize on any mistakes by Maryville. And not make mistakes to help Maryville. I am pulling for Hillsboro; not against Maryville. Whoever wins deserves credit and respect from all of us.

Edited by THSOLDAD

After watching the Rebels Friday night I find it very hard to believe there is a team in this state that can beat them. They may beat themselves but that's the only way it will happen. I haven't seen Hillsboro but anyone who is 14-0 is a very good football team but they will be playing a well coached/Talented/dedicated team I will have to go with 35 to 14 Maryville. Hope everyone has a safe trip and enjoys a good game. Keep it in East Tennessee. (Maryville/Fulton/Alcoa) :unsure:

If anyone picks Hillsboro to win they are a fool. Hillsboro shouldn't even show up. This will be a run away. A little adivce....don't let number 2 touch the ball....then you might have a chance.

Maryville 35 Hillsboro 13

Maples vs. Eric Gordon will be one fine matchup. GOrdon can go step for step with Maples. but he can be overaggresive. he'll get at least two pass interferences.

WOW! you guys are in for rude awaking then.. Come Sat. night i believe you will be the one that is foolish.. Now you remember to come back here and tell us what happened. :unsure:

hahahaha yeah okay. Have you seen maples play? Just get ready.

This is a really interesting statistic.

Most seasons Maryville gets attacked for not having a very strong schedule. Most seasons that is not actually the case, but Maryville puts the debate to rest by winning out against the teams who have also earned the right to play at the highest level. However, I think that most of us who follow MHS football realized that our schedule was a little bit softer this year with several of our usual region opponents being down somewhat from their typical level. Coming into the playoffs Maryville's opponents had a combined losing record, which would lead some to believe that MHS would not be adequately prepared to go against stiffer competition. And just like most years we've rattled off a string of impressive wins and have handed two teams their only loss of the season. I hope that continues, but take it for whatever it's worth.

I just think it's an interesting observation.