Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all :lol:

I haven't seen Hillsboro this year, but I'm confident that they are anything but one-dimensional being that they are undefeated and in the state game. Would you say that they are stronger though on offense or on defense? Just curious as to what your opinion on that might be. Also, have they faced any spread formation teams this year?

Hillsboro played Tullahoma which runs a spread offense. THS's QB was a Mr. Football Finalist. Tullahoma fell behind 28-14 by the fourth quarter but made a very good comeback to score 2 TD's in the last 4 minutes of the game. THS decided to go for tie instead of win and took Hillsboro into overtime; only to lose in one O.T. by a 35-28 margin. THS's QB had a very good night with 330 yards passing. THS had 111 yards rushing. Total of 441 yards. So a good spread offense can give Hillsboro problems. That was just the second game of the season and Hillsboro got much better as the season progressed but last year (2005) THS handed Hillsboro their only regular season defeat with the same offense and QB. That said; I am still pulling for the Burros; region loyality.

Edited by THSOLDAD

Hillsboro played Tullahoma which runs a spread offense. THS's QB was a Mr. Football Finalist. Tullahoma fell behind 28-14 by the fourth quarter but made a very good comeback to score 2 TD's in the last 4 minutes of the game. THS decided to go for tie instead of win and took Hillsboro into overtime; only to lose in one O.T. by a 35-28 margin. THS's QB had a very good night with 330 yards passing. THS had 111 yards rushing. Total of 441 yards. So a good spread offense can give Hillsboro problems. That was just the second game of the season and Hillsboro got much better as the season progressed but last year (2005) THS handed Hillsboro their only regular season defeat with the same offense and QB. That said; I am still pulling for the Burros; region loyality.

Thanks for the info. I've appreciated talking to all the Burro fans this week. Thanks for keeping it classy gentlemen, and best of luck to you and yours tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's a good, safe game!

My prediction after a week of chatter and prognostication:

MHS - 31

HHS - 14

Roll on Red Rebels!

Good post, but I think most teams improve and watch film to prepare for the next opponent. I think it will be a good game.

OK so watching the Lipscomb / Fulton game & saw a interview with some of the Hillsboro players w/ the new haircuts. Looks like they took a page from the "Riverdale Playbook". Riverdale players "O"line men started that ealier in the year & it was in the papers and on tv & on this site so for the Hillsboro players to think that the mohawk fits them they are crazy...Mohawks are for WARRIORS!!!Good Luck Maryville

I think Maryville wins by 14+ points. This is not disrespect for Hillsboro. conventional wisdom says this one is going to be close, and I think conventional wisdom is wrong more often than not. Also, the way Maryville systematically dismantled two undefeated teams earlier (teams with similar game scores as Hillsboro) I just think they have more this year.