Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

I've been told that before.... :D We have a tendency to be bigger than life behind the keyboards... I guess it's that alter ego Mr. Poole. How you doing...it's been a while. Don't pay any attention to me on the boards.....just doing some pot stirring.... :lol: Is that boy still playing football?

I thought you might be taking this stuff seriously... You had to stop old Gov Man from doing that recently...Im doing fine...Daniel is a freshman at WB...Still plays..Eats constantly...He's 5Ft 11in. 238Lbs.. Keep a eye on me...If I start taking this stuff to seriously let me know...Hows your team looking for next year?? Don't give me no Lou Holtz Stuff... :D

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you might be taking this stuff seriously... You had to stop old Gov Man from doing that recently...Im doing fine...Daniel is a freshman at WB...Still plays..Eats constantly...He's 5Ft 11in. 238Lbs.. Keep a eye on me...If I start taking this stuff to seriously let me know...Hows your team looking for next year?? Don't give me no Lou Holtz Stuff... :D

Next year...... we should be good....solid group coming back.

Govman is too easy to agitate.....sometimes. We usually do a good job sucking the WB supporters in....even if they know what we are doing. I guess we know the hot buttons. There are a couple of visious rumors out there regarding WB but I will hold them until they are confirmed.

Glad Daniel is doing well..... guess we will see him on the line nest year. How does a big ole Daniel come from a skinny ole you?....... :lol:

Next year...... we should be good....solid group coming back.

Govman is too easy to agitate.....sometimes. We usually do a good job sucking the WB supporters in....even if they know what we are doing. I guess we know the hot buttons. There are a couple of visious rumors out there regarding WB but I will hold them until they are confirmed.

Glad Daniel is doing well..... guess we will see him on the line nest year. How does a big ole Daniel come from a skinny ole you?....... :lol:

That's the same question I keep asking his mama..... :D I hope its just rumors. We don't need any more controversy...Let me know what you hear...

That's the same question I keep asking his mama..... :thumb: I hope its just rumors. We don't need any more controversy...Let me know what you hear...

One of the rumors I have confirmed from a source that knows. It's not a guarantee but if it does happen nobody will be surprised. The other IMO is not going to happen. I haven't heard any conclusions but knowing the parties involved I think somebody is just blowing a little smoke. You will be the first to know if anything comes down.

One of the rumors I have confirmed from a source that knows. It's not a guarantee but if it does happen nobody will be surprised. The other IMO is not going to happen. I haven't heard any conclusions but knowing the parties involved I think somebody is just blowing a little smoke. You will be the first to know if anything comes down.

It is sad that these things get started on an internet message board. But a huge rumor such as this is just too juicy to not print. You just don't want kids to get hurt and families to be split up over this kind of stuff. But the public needs to know.

Wm Blount is abandoning the WING T.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

It is sad that these things get started on an internet message board. But a huge rumor such as this is just too juicy to not print. You just don't want kids to get hurt and families to be split up over this kind of stuff. But the public needs to know.

Wm Blount is abandoning the WING T.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

[/quote]

:thumb: You may be right 03.....

Hillsboro would have beaten Alcoa by 3 TD's if not more. Maryville could do anything on Hillsboro?.... :blink: I doubt you were watching too closely nor have very solid football knowledge.

Do you think a well prepared defense had anything to do with Hillsboro's lack of execution?

No need to turn this into an Alcoa v Maryville deal. Nor is there any need to throw insults at other people. You have your opinion and I have mine. If you think Hillsboro would have beaten Alcoa by 3 TDs then you are entitled to be wrong. Fact is that Hillsboro did not execute well; nor did they look fundamentally sound. Maryville did have something to do with this but I have to believe that there is another 4A team that could have given Maryville a better game.

Hillsboro would have beaten Alcoa by 3 TD's if not more. Maryville could do anything on Hillsboro?.... :blink: I doubt you were watching too closely nor have very solid football knowledge.

Do you think a well prepared defense had anything to do with Hillsboro's lack of execution?

Man some people can really get sensitive when the truth is spoken. Yes Alcoa looked better than Hillsboro. Fulton looked better than Hillsboro. Smyrna looked better and so did David Lipscomb. Funny how you overlook the fact that Maryville was very close to losing to a low and pitiful little measley 2A school. Oh yeah I know....it was the first game of the year and you had players suspended.

Don't forget that it was Cobb's first game as a starting QB under a new coach and system.

Anyway....how about this: Fulton gave Alcoa more problems than did Maryville.

Man some people can really get sensitive when the truth is spoken. Yes Alcoa looked better than Hillsboro. Fulton looked better than Hillsboro. Smyrna looked better and so did David Lipscomb. Funny how you overlook the fact that Maryville was very close to losing to a low and pitiful little measley 2A school. Oh yeah I know....it was the first game of the year and you had players suspended.

Don't forget that it was Cobb's first game as a starting QB under a new coach and system.

Anyway....how about this: Fulton gave Alcoa more problems than did Maryville.

Fulton ....Alcoa....nor Smyrna were playing against Maryville. Hillsboro looked bad because Maryville made them look bad. Maryville with Tank Baker and one other starter that were suspended would have made a minimum three TD difference versus Alcoa. Remember........Maryville took a knee on the two yard line and ran the clock out to end the game.

Cobb, just like the first game.......would have ran for his life. If you think Alcoa was in the same class as Maryville then you are sadly mistaken. Looks like you are the sensitive one when facing the truth....... :blink:

No need to turn this into an Alcoa v Maryville deal. Nor is there any need to throw insults at other people. You have your opinion and I have mine. If you think Hillsboro would have beaten Alcoa by 3 TDs then you are entitled to be wrong. Fact is that Hillsboro did not execute well; nor did they look fundamentally sound. Maryville did have something to do with this but I have to believe that there is another 4A team that could have given Maryville a better game.

Then tell us..........what other 4A team could have given Maryville a better game? Marville absolutely THUMPED the #3 team in undefeated Morristown West.....dominated a undefeated and #2 ranked Red Bank...........then soundly beat the #4 ranked and undefeated Hillsboro in the state championship game. How much more could they have done? Did you realize Maryville was the only team in the state to end the season undefeated? Your post is a shot at Maryville and you know it...... :blink:

Fulton ....Alcoa....nor Smyrna were playing against Maryville. Hillsboro looked bad because Maryville made them look bad. Maryville with Tank Baker and one other starter that were suspended would have made a minimum three TD difference versus Alcoa. Remember........Maryville took a knee on the two yard line and ran the clock out to end the game.

Cobb, just like the first game.......would have ran for his life. If you think Alcoa was in the same class as Maryville then you are sadly mistaken. Looks like you are the sensitive one when facing the truth....... :blink:

Maryville did make them look bad. Never have I denied that. All I'm saying is that Hillsboro would have looked bad against most of the other teams at Murfreesboro. Their passing game was pitiful!!! So was their secondary. The only thing I was impressed with was how well they ran to the ball against the Maryville running attack. But if Tyler Maples was that wide open, then Lanxter and Sommers would have been running free all night long as well. Fulton's Freeney would have destroyed their secondary. Lipscomb's QB could have done well also. Hillsboro would not have been able to pass the ball against most of the teams in Murfreesboro.

I'm not ignoring the fact of what actually happened during the Maryville-Alcoa game. You are speaking hypothetically about that game. If you know so much about HS football and are such an expert; why are you not an advisor on the Rebel staff?????

You must learn to accurately quote what I actually said. Never once did I claim that Alcoa was in "Maryville's class" (whatever that means) or that they were not in Maryville's class. Quite frankly, I wish not to be in Maryville's class but to be simply the Alcoa Tornadoes.

Oh yeah before you spout off concerning the taking a knee (which did happen) you must remember the 2 unbelievably lucky catches made by Shiver and Douglass on that last drive. If either one of those catches fail to happen (they both were played very well defensively) then Alcoa gets the ball back and they score. Maryville was reeling in the 4th against Alcoa.

None of this changes the fact that Fulton was a tougher opponent for Alcoa than Maryville. By far, Dennis Rogan was the best back Alcoa saw all year and the Fulton defense was the best Alcoa saw all year.