Positive messages to William Blount Coaches

theDL

Good luck next year TG and I hope you get #24 so you can keep you name on CoachT. I just hope you're not a Jeff Gordon fan. :thumb:

Thanks! :P

The #24 in my username actually is for Jeff Gordon ;) I hope I'll get #11 since Mohammed is a senior, for my favorite player Drew Bledsoe.

I'll just be glad when we start work-outs in January!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how many players are tuition students nor do I care. Maryville is winning right now because they have the best coaching staff in the state. A tuition student or 2 may help but the main reason Maryville is winning is the coaching staff. Maryville was getting tuition students in 1989,1990,1993 and it didn't do them any good as those teams went 5-5. Maryville went 20 years without a championship. Those teams had tuition students.

When a team is winning big it will attract players. Landon Hall and his family moved in from Louisianna 4 years ago. Tim Rodrigues and his family moved in from Virginia last summer. Ryan Brinkman and his family moved in from Florida before Ryan's senior year. Steven Childs and his family moved in from Smyrna during Childs junior season. Aaron Douglas,Brent Burnett and Tyler Clendenen moved in from Knoxville before their freshmen year. Actually Clendenen moved in before his sophomore year. He had to sit out last season.

At the same time Maryville has lost kids. The Sakoian boys were big time studs in youth league football. Their older brother played on Maryville's 1998 title team.Their family moved to Pennsylvania. Maryville lost TJ Brock after his junior year. There was two kids in Cade Thompson's class that dominated as freshman. I forgot one of thems name but the guy was a stud.He moved away. The other one was Kelby Crain. He went to William Blount as a junior then moved to Florida. Kenneth Click was another player who left Maryville. He was a good player at Heritage.

Cole Lale played youth sports at maryville and went to Willian Blount feeder program to play at Willian Blount.So the way I see it all schools have students that come for one reason or another outside the zone. I think this horse has been beaten to death

Edited by cobrajet

Cole Lale played youth sports at maryville and went to Willian Blount feeder program to play at Willian Blount.So the way I see it all schools have students that come for one reason or another outside the zone. I think this horse has been beaten to death

That is Cole Lail, and I am glad that you pointed that out. You see the difference is that you can name names at WB because there are like 2 or 3 every decade.

I have no idea how many players are tuition students nor do I care. Maryville is winning right now because they have the best coaching staff in the state. A tuition student or 2 may help but the main reason Maryville is winning is the coaching staff. Maryville was getting tuition students in 1989,1990,1993 and it didn't do them any good as those teams went 5-5. Maryville went 20 years without a championship. Those teams had tuition students.

When a team is winning big it will attract players. Landon Hall and his family moved in from Louisianna 4 years ago. Tim Rodrigues and his family moved in from Virginia last summer. Ryan Brinkman and his family moved in from Florida before Ryan's senior year. Steven Childs and his family moved in from Smyrna during Childs junior season. Aaron Douglas,Brent Burnett and Tyler Clendenen moved in from Knoxville before their freshmen year. Actually Clendenen moved in before his sophomore year. He had to sit out last season.

At the same time Maryville has lost kids. The Sakoian boys were big time studs in youth league football. Their older brother played on Maryville's 1998 title team.Their family moved to Pennsylvania. Maryville lost TJ Brock after his junior year. There was two kids in Cade Thompson's class that dominated as freshman. I forgot one of thems name but the guy was a stud.He moved away. The other one was Kelby Crain. He went to William Blount as a junior then moved to Florida. Kenneth Click was another player who left Maryville. He was a good player at Heritage.

I would agree that GQ and his staff are the best in the state. However, you and I have a difference of opinion about it being all coaching. If you took that same staff and put them at Heritage, how many games would they have won this year? Also, if you put that staff at Heritage, do you think they could win a state championship, much less 7 out of 8. No chance Hotel!! By the way, if GQ ever leaves he needs to have his head examined.

I would agree that GQ and his staff are the best in the state. However, you and I have a difference of opinion about it being all coaching. If you took that same staff and put them at Heritage, how many games would they have won this year? Also, if you put that staff at Heritage, do you think they could win a state championship, much less 7 out of 8. No chance Hotel!! By the way, if GQ ever leaves he needs to have his head examined.

I would be willing to wager that if GQ and staff went to Heritage or anywhere else and developed their program over several years that they would absolutely create a winning environment. One of the big keys with that group (and any other successful coaching group IMO) is consistency.

If there is turnover at the top, there will be turmoil throughout.

I would be willing to wager that if GQ and staff went to Heritage or anywhere else and developed their program over several years that they would absolutely create a winning environment. One of the big keys with that group (and any other successful coaching group IMO) is consistency.

If there is turnover at the top, there will be turmoil throughout.

I did not say winning environment. I said state championships. Heck, WB has a winning program. Only 1 losing season in the last 8. I am talking success like he is having at Maryville. By the way, are you implying that the current staff at Heritage is the reason for the losing?? What about the staff before that?

I did not say winning environment. I said state championships. Heck, WB has a winning program. Only 1 losing season in the last 8. I am talking success like he is having at Maryville. By the way, are you implying that the current staff at Heritage is the reason for the losing?? What about the staff before that?

Not placing blame at all...I try very hard not to do that (especially so when I'm in no way part of the solution).

I think that Heritage has the tools to be a winning program. State championship material? I don't know...but how many teams really are on that level?

Heritage has had way too much turnover to have developed anything consistent and to build on any momentum it could generate. I would have said the same thing about WB until the current staff took over and seems to have actually settled in to stay awhile.

Could he have success like he has at Maryville? I don't know. I hope we don't find out anytime soon. That would be very hard to duplicate as not many have achieved so much in such a short period of time. That would be a really tough stick by which to get measured and all odds are against it.

I do not think this is a Heritage thread. The last I looked, it was a WB Coach's thread. My son played for Heritage for 4 years at middlelinebacker. He is now in College playing Baseball. He had a great time during his 4 years there. Coach Rewis is doing a good job there, give him a few more years minus the injuries he had this year. They have a really sound Freshman, sophmore class. In any other district they go 6-4, or 7-3 the last few years. I applaud the Maryville and Alcoa football programs and there great tradition. Most people wouldn't know it, but in 2005 the Heritage football team won the Academic award for the state in having the highest GPA of all football teams. Nothing was ever written in the paper to congratulate them.

WB is also on the right path in football as is Heritage if given time. Its hard to compete in County when two teams are state champions. This speaks volumes for the County, city and school systems. I am a fan of any team in Blount County and hope Maryville and Alcoa bring us home two championships this weekend.