Division I, Class 4A Lineman of the Year

Aaron Douglas

Maryville High School

Finalists

Cory Hall

Brainerd High School

Thomas Majors

Maplewood Comprehensive High School

Maples has already commited to UT, Douglas is just a junior but he has also comitted to UT.

Congratulations, BURRO Bound for another GOLD BALL.

Good to see some Maryville players get some individual recognition.

Coach Quarles gets a lot of well deserved praise as a coach but I am sure he would tell you that he has to have quality players to have the success that he has had. It all works together.

Tyler Maples has had a terrific year this year. His numbers this year are impressive enough but one can only wonder what kind of numbers he would have put up if Maryville didn't have so many blowouts in which he played a half or less.

I am a little surprised that Aaron Douglas won the award as a junior, even though he is a great player as well. His early commitment to UT probably helped him, it obviously didn't hurt.

Congrats to both.

Receiving: 53 Catches, 1118 Yards, 16 TDs

Punt Returns: 22 Returns, 343 Yards, 1 TD

Kickoff Returns: 7 Returns, 210 Yards, 1 TD

Interceptions: 7 INTs, 189 Yards, 2 TDs

Wow; that is very impressive, I can see why he won it. Offensively his numbers are great but even if you argued that they were not good enough to win the award, just ad them to the other stats and you cant deny that kind of versitility. He should make a great addition to the Vols next year; I am sure he will do some KO or punt returns at some point but does anyone know if he will play offense or defense? Congrats on the award..... :thumb:

Edited by Kevin38

Wow; that is very impressive, I can see why he won it. Offensively his numbers are great but even if you argued that they were not good enough to win the award, just ad them to the other stats and you cant deny that kind of versitility. He should make a great addition to the Vols next year; I am sure he will do some KO or punt returns at some point but does anyone know if he will play offense or defense? Congrats on the award..... :thumb:

A little something to add. Tyler....and most of the Maryville starters, played very little in the second half with the exception of 4 or 5 games. Also, few teams punted to Tyler....for good reason. Those stats are certainly skewed by the little PT he got in comparison to some others.

A little something to add. Tyler....and most of the Maryville starters, played very little in the second half with the exception of 4 or 5 games. Also, few teams punted to Tyler....for good reason. Those stats are certainly skewed by the little PT he got in comparison to some others.

Even though they may be skewed, they are still very worthy of the award.

Congrats to Maples, but I have to admit that I was hoping that Holt would win the award honestly. I just felt he deserved the award a little more because of what he's done at Maplewood during his career and this season in particular.

It just seems it's so hard for Nashville Metro teams to get recognition nowadays. Holt was one of the big reasons the Panthers went from winless seasons to back-to-back playoffs.

Still, congrats to Maples and like Ronnie Carter said, all three finalists were deserving of the award and the margin of winner and runners up were minimal.