Elizabethton's 2007 schedule

rvd

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they play Johnson County in week 2 but does anyone know the rest?

No changes in the coaches so there should be plenty of good seats available and somebody can have mine unless I am bored.

There are some changes coming. I hear the schedule has changed. Greeneville/dropped Cocke Co/added there are some other changes but I am not sure on the specifics as of yet. :)

I guess the changes are assistants. I will not name names but I will hold out hope that a few will not be coaching in 07.

I do not like Cocke County over Greeneville. The way their fan base is now they will not go to Newport to watch. Somebody on another thread said they were still playing DB. Why???

Thanks and keep me/us updated.

Central is now their week one game,I heard DB dropped EHS,THS,and South for Mo-West,Alcoa,and someone else.

I don't think D-B dropped Tennessee High, but did drop South (which is surprising) and Elizabethton. I believe Science Hill and Betsy is still on for next year. I know Science Hill has picked-up Morristown West and Sullivan South.

Edited by PowrPlus

Ive heard different schedules by different sources. DB dropped South. I think their (DB) non-conf games are TN High and Oak Ridge. William Blount and Eliz might be on there (dunno). I know South is playin Boone and SH next year and I think they kept HV(dunno why). South tried to get Gate City. I dunno why Eliz schedules DB. They dont gain a thing. They just get the gate. Replace them with HV(closest rival). DB doesnt gain a thing win or lose. Eliz just gets beat up in that game. As far as Cocke County on the schedule, that was a waste. They are bad. Schedule Crockett, Volunteer, Boone, or try Hampton. The fan base is not that big of a deal in that game. Just about 20 mins from G'ville. I know East picked up Unaka for Cloudland. If Im Eliz, drop to 3A.

Remember the TSSAA will announce the new classification changes for the next year. This only effects you if your enrollment -/+ 20%. Something like that.

unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.......Cocke County and Elizabethton will NOT play in 2007..

I understand the game was penciled in earlier, but...Betsy backed out...

Being as its a late hour, I cant confirm this....but will work to do so tomorrow

does it really matter who they play until changes are made the program will continue to go south.... and i dont see any changes being made anytime soon

unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.......Cocke County and Elizabethton will NOT play in 2007..

I understand the game was penciled in earlier, but...Betsy backed out...

Being as its a late hour, I cant confirm this....but will work to do so tomorrow

If I were working Betsy's schedule, I would have 'backed out' of playing Cocke Co also. They need to drop DB (or DB drop Eliz). It makes sense for both programs. I would add HV for the game and gate (for both teams). If I did drop Greeneville I'd get after Volunteer. Another good gate for both.

Ive heard different schedules by different sources. DB dropped South. I think their (DB) non-conf games are TN High and Oak Ridge. William Blount and Eliz might be on there (dunno). I know South is playin Boone and SH next year and I think they kept HV(dunno why). South tried to get Gate City. I dunno why Eliz schedules DB. They dont gain a thing. They just get the gate. Replace them with HV(closest rival). DB doesnt gain a thing win or lose. Eliz just gets beat up in that game. As far as Cocke County on the schedule, that was a waste. They are bad. Schedule Crockett, Volunteer, Boone, or try Hampton. The fan base is not that big of a deal in that game. Just about 20 mins from G'ville. I know East picked up Unaka for Cloudland. If Im Eliz, drop to 3A.

Betsy , Johnson County, Greenville ,Unicoi County and Sullivan North should all drop to 3A start their own conference and put the burden on South, TH, Sull East & Central. to travel for 4A games....

Remember the TSSAA will announce the new classification changes for the next year. This only effects you if your enrollment -/+ 20%. Something like that.

Yes, it would be wise to begin a local 3A conference. Elizabethton, Johnson County, Sullivan North, Unicoi & Greeneville could be the core. Maybe PF and a couple more could come in and it would make a great 3A conference. The time is now and it is needed by these teams to have a chance to go 'up the road' further. Travel for these would not be bad either. Hummmmm...........may just make too much sense. :lol:

If I were working Betsy's schedule, I would have 'backed out' of playing Cocke Co also. They need to drop DB (or DB drop Eliz). It makes sense for both programs. I would add HV for the game and gate (for both teams). If I did drop Greeneville I'd get after Volunteer. Another good gate for both.

Cocke County and Betsy arent playing each other....

I'm guessing the playoff match-ups of the late 1990s and the renewing the regular season rivalries (against once-proud programs, now on the down side or rebuilding side) was a thought. Also connections with Steve McKinney at Cocke County may have been another thought.

But - with both programs on a down cycle at the moment, it would be a tough gate for each school, with their fans unlikely to make the 1-hour, 45-minute-plus drive...