6. henry co.

7. mumford

8. morristown east

9. mt. juliet

10. NORTHWEST

?

?

?

There is something seriously wrong here. Northwest is the worst team in the Clarksville area from what I hear. Munford won't be in the top 30 if they don't recruit some more players from the Melrose's, East's and Frayser's much like they did this year. They had 5 new senior players on the team this year. Melrose is coming back they were young this year and will be ready for a run next year.

What makes you think that other kids from Memphis won't find it appealing to move to Munford. Three of the four kids that transferred will sign scholarships on signing day. All three will be eligible. (The fourth was only a sophmore - Give him time.) Memphis schools are mostly on the targeted (takeover list by the state) and moving from one of those schools to a non-targeted school elinimates the question automatically of moving for athletic reasons. Also the coaches now at Munford have shown they can win anywhere. Also favorable reports will go out to friends in Memphis about Munford when players see former friends and teammates. SO...Don't be surprised if more kids from Memphis find it easy to move up the road a few miles into the neighboring county.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think that other kids from Memphis won't find it appealing to move to Munford. Three of the four kids that transferred will sign scholarships on signing day. All three will be eligible. (The fourth was only a sophmore - Give him time.) Memphis schools are mostly on the targeted (takeover list by the state) and moving from one of those schools to a non-targeted school elinimates the question automatically of moving for athletic reasons. Also the coaches now at Munford have shown they can win anywhere. Also favorable reports will go out to friends in Memphis about Munford when players see former friends and teammates. SO...Don't be surprised if more kids from Memphis find it easy to move up the road a few miles into the neighboring county.

I don't think that anymore players from Melrose will leave for that reason. It may happen at some of the other schools but I have my doubts about that.

All Melrsoe needs is for the coach to stay and find a kicker. If these 2 things happen then I don't see anything stopping them from going to state next year. I read somewhere on here that they were only losing 5/6 players this year.

I don't know if this was the starting of something for Henery Co. and Munford or just their one year of fame. But the road to state goes through Melrose next year.

You never know. Just read Saturday's Commercial Appeal about the huge brawl at Trezevant this past week (16 arrested and up for expulsion.) Then check out the article on the cafeteria melee at Raleigh-Egypt Friday (5 arrested and up for expulsion.) And last , for your reading pleasure, note the article about 47 students having been arrested at Cordova this year. These are daily occurences in the Memphis City Schools. Don't be surprised if more parents genuinely consider moving their kids out of the Memphis schools. I think you're going to find a number of new faces at a lot of new places in the next several years.

strange to hear many parents moving children to counties and loading the roster. at times wish that was the truth in clarksville. we have rules that disable that movement. to be able to play in another school in clarksville you have to make a lagit move from one area to the next, and only three schools are eligable for a player to play. Having Northwest, Kenwood, Clarksville, and Rossview in Region 6-4AAAA. Only teams out of our region are Northeast, Montgomery Central, and Clarksville Academy. Forgot there is Fort Campbell up the street. We just need to get students to play. Our halls are consumed with athletes that would rather work at McDonalds than play sports. Is this problem at every school or just our county. Plus no middle school football to hold grades to the student athlete. Many of our future athletes fail in Middle school, but no child left behind let them move on to high school. For what, to find jobs and lose interest in the sports that are so important to their lives. A crazy world we live in my friends.

strange to hear many parents moving children to counties and loading the roster. at times wish that was the truth in clarksville. we have rules that disable that movement. to be able to play in another school in clarksville you have to make a lagit move from one area to the next, and only three schools are eligable for a player to play. Having Northwest, Kenwood, Clarksville, and Rossview in Region 6-4AAAA. Only teams out of our region are Northeast, Montgomery Central, and Clarksville Academy. Forgot there is Fort Campbell up the street. We just need to get students to play. Our halls are consumed with athletes that would rather work at McDonalds than play sports. Is this problem at every school or just our county. Plus no middle school football to hold grades to the student athlete. Many of our future athletes fail in Middle school, but no child left behind let them move on to high school. For what, to find jobs and lose interest in the sports that are so important to their lives. A crazy world we live in my friends.

And no kids were socially promoted before NCLB?

only the ones that were too old were promoted. would like to see the county give the students more to work for. hope we get a new head coach that brings excitement to northwest. Met a boy today in 7th grade that was 6 feet 4 inches tall weighing in at 305. If we can get a few more of these boys in our system to play, the possibilities are endless. Dang he was huge. Maybe, and just maybe, we can get new blood that will get these students believing in winning and that they are ment to play football. the game of life.

Rhea Co.[/url]' post='826287436' date='Dec 3 2006 - 11:24 PM']

Yeah Region 3-4A has the best team but not the toughest region. Region 4-4A is the most competitive region year in and year out.

Year in and year out (with a few exceptions) three out of the four 1st round playoff games between these two regions are won by 3-4A. How can you say region four is more competitive?

Year in and year out (with a few exceptions) three out of the four 1st round playoff games between these two regions are won by 3-4A. How can you say region four is more competitive?

So tru sneaky im not sayin yall didnt have a great year..but put it this way..if rhea co., RB and clevland were in 3-4A all of themm would have at least 1 more loss than they already have......

......Example Clevland beat rhea co. but clevland got completely WAXED by knox west...who also gave RB the closest game of the season. i think knox west and RB next year will b a great game and one i look forward to

We have the same rules, if you move into another zone you don't lose any time, if you just transfer you lose a year.

Your other problem is kids playing?? In Memphis area they start playing in leagues in the 3/4 grade and I'm not talking about YMCA flag football. Good many of the middle schools have teams and have a playoff at the end of the year, same for freshman teams and jv teams. When my g/son was a freshman he had 3 games a week. Now he only got in one varsity game (maybe 2) but he was always in 2 games a week.

Sounds to me like ya'll don't get them into sports early enough.

So tru sneaky im not sayin yall didnt have a great year..but put it this way..if rhea co., RB and clevland were in 3-4A all of themm would have at least 1 more loss than they already have......

......Example Clevland beat rhea co. but clevland got completely WAXED by knox west...who also gave RB the closest game of the season. i think knox west and RB next year will b a great game and one i look forward to

You my friend are a complete idiot. Get your facts straight.

Rhea County murdered Cleveland. After being pretty much destroyed by Rhea and RB Cleveland was much less competitive from there on out...

When you compare the two regions I do think they are some of the strongest in the state. I believe 44A was stronger this year from top to bottom, but of course Maryville dominates all. Someones going to knock them off eventually. Its just going to take some luck.