Community v/s Eagleville

Unionvegas

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Unionvegas....how do you "hot" a team......If you mean host a team then I could comment, I have never "hot" a team. Anyway, while Community may be better at beating teams they should beat I don't think you need worry about pulling a win out against Eagleville. The ONLY way they beat the Eagles is if Eagleville can not make any threes and their running game is shut down but that is a tall defensive order for such a young team. Good luck to both teams!

Yeah they have a pretty good chance if they have the same three refs they had tonight.

Is it just me or does anyone else want all the calls to go my teams way? Maybe the Vikings are better than you give them credit for? I have seen some officials I thought should be calling little league games, but most of the time they do pretty good. I wouldn't have their job and I yell like most everyone else does at them but a good team has to overcome a bad call here and there. Just because you didn't clear your bench doesn't mean anything except it must have been closer than the experts predicted. Hang in there community. Good luck to both of you in the district.

Good ball game for both teams. Game was much closer than the 11 point outcome. Eagleville has a very fast and agressive ball club. The Vikings debth and team speed didn't seem to wear down the Eagles as much as it has others. However it seemed as if the Vikings didn't play as many players as they have in the first few games. Maybe coach Edmondson is starting to settle on his 6 or 7 instead of 9 or 10. Nevertheless the Vikings can not be taken lightly. This could be a comming out year if the players keep working hard and the coaches put the right players in at the right time. :thumb:

Good ball game for both teams. Game was much closer than the 11 point outcome. Eagleville has a very fast and agressive ball club. The Vikings debth and team speed didn't seem to wear down the Eagles as much as it has others. However it seemed as if the Vikings didn't play as many players as they have in the first few games. Maybe coach Edmondson is starting to settle on his 6 or 7 instead of 9 or 10. Nevertheless the Vikings can not be taken lightly. This could be a comming out year if the players keep working hard and the coaches put the right players in at the right time. :thumb:

Actually Community is one of the toughest places to play for Eagleville! I've been watching us play there since '99 and no matter how good we are each year, the Vikings always play us tough. Last year we won by an average of 29.5 per game for the two games, but it always took us a while to pull away. This was only our third game this year and we played poorly with lots of turnovers but give the Vikings credit for playing well. Especially being underclassmen and all. I heard several "oldtimers" compliment your coach and how well he's brought along the program. As for the referees, just read other Districts posts and there seems to be an effort by the refs to call fouls in bunches! I know I've seen more this year than recent memory. But the outcome of the game was never dictated by them. Anyway you Viking fans are gonna surprise some folks so keep playing hard and good luck.

Edited by eagledad