Maryville Coach, Player Out?

DCM

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is in fact true, they will miss Gaylor as much if not more than Maples.

Are you telling me that "if" you were leaving Maryville to go play in the state championship game and you had to leave either Jimmy or Maples behind, you would consider taking Jimmy and not Maples?

And that is no way negative towards probably the finest defensive coordinator in the state, I'm just saying, "really think about that." I believe I know what decision Coach Gaylor would make if he had to make it in that situation.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Jimmy and I'm glad Tyler was able to go on his ankle. Hope it will be ok for basketball.

Congrats Maryville ... you were awesome.

Are you telling me that "if" you were leaving Maryville to go play in the state championship game and you had to leave either Jimmy or Maples behind, you would consider taking Jimmy and not Maples?

And that is no way negative towards probably the finest defensive coordinator in the state, I'm just saying, "really think about that." I believe I know what decision Coach Gaylor would make if he had to make it in that situation.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Jimmy and I'm glad Tyler was able to go on his ankle. Hope it will be ok for basketball.

Congrats Maryville ... you were awesome.

If Maples could not play I still think Maryville would have found a way to win the game. I just finnished watching the game that I TVO'ed a saw where the absents of Coach Gaylor really hurt us.

There was a Krystol Burger eating contest before the game where the winning coach's school got $1000.00 for eating the most burgers the fastest and HB's HC Coach Blades won. If Gaylor had been there Maryville would have won that too :thumb:

I wish Coach Gaylor the best and hope he recovers quickly to enjoy the victory he helped earn. Love ya Coach!

Edited by FBEmeritus

I don't think that I stated that I would leave either one of them at home. I was just stating an opinion that I thought the coach would be missed more than the player. According to what I read online in the KNS rag, evidently Gaylor was on the phone to other coaches during the game and helped them make adjustments or they helped him make adjustments. I guess they thought that his input was important. Imagine that.

I don't think that I stated that I would leave either one of them at home. I was just stating an opinion that I thought the coach would be missed more than the player. According to what I read online in the KNS rag, evidently Gaylor was on the phone to other coaches during the game and helped them make adjustments or they helped him make adjustments. I guess they thought that his input was important. Imagine that.

I, in no way, was implying that Coach Gaylor's input was not important. But he's had them all year and has capable assistants and it's down to game 15 and I guess my opinion is, having T. Maples (we're not talking about just "any player") out there on the field performing in an MVP fashion ultimately makes a greater impact than having Jimmy on the sideline for that one game.

I hated that he couldn't make it. Originally, we all thought he would last until next week before he had to have the surgery. Hopefully, he'll be back up and at 'em soon.

Edited by GovMan