Jcs in 2a next year

Jcsfan06

Thanks it was fun...this year has been a dream season...as for Gibson County we scrimmaged this year and shut them out scoring 3 or 4 times...USJ we played and beat...as for the rest of the region I think it will be tuff

JCS scrimmaged Gibson County when Argo was coach, during spring of '06, new game plan, one year under coach dyer and a talented senior class returning 10-11 starters..... and i believe we scored twice against yall .......... jus my 2 cents

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCS scrimmaged Gibson County when Argo was coach, during spring of '06, new game plan, one year under coach dyer and a talented senior class returning 10-11 starters..... and i believe we scored twice against yall .......... jus my 2 cents

very good point...didn't realize you had changed coaches...it may be a whole new ball game...good luck next year

Edited by JaxMan

i'm sorry and i'm just giving my honest opinion. i don't see gibson county beating anybody in the region for the next 3 years. ya'll have never been a very good football program. although i think ya'll did have a couple good years when guthrie was coaching, but consistency is key to having a successful program. gibson county has just never had it and probaly never will as long as they're in region 8a. here's a hint, get a coach and keep him there. gibson county's coaching carousel needs to be turned off and start putting a little faith in the one you have now. ya'lls only hope of having any kind of success is if medina gets a high school and that will cut you're population in half and put you in 1a ball. then again if that happens gibson county will probaly lose their football program all together due to lack of interest. i'm not making fun or disrepecting your program i am giving my opionion only and i think alot of people including yourself(deepdown)would have to agree.

IMO GC suffers because they draw kids from 5 middle schools and there school is out in the country. They don't have a real school zone boundary or town. In towns like Milan, Huntingdon, and Humboldt etc. kids grow up as neighbors and best friends. Play on the same All stars team or Y or flag football team. Kids at GC may not even know each other until they get to high school. Kids in Rutherford and Medina live 35 40 miles apart. There is no real community to get behind the school. And there hasn't been a lot of talent to come out of the 5 small towns that other teams have enjoyed.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

IMO GC suffers because they draw kids from 5 middle schools and there school is out in the country. They don't have a real school zone boundary or town. In towns like Milan, Huntingdon, and Humboldt etc. kids grow up as neighbors and best friends. Play on the same All stars team or Y or flag football team. Kids at GC may not even know each other until they get to high school. Kids in Rutherford and Medina live 35 40 miles apart. There is no real community of people to get behind the school. And there hasn't been a lot of talent to come out of the 5 small towns that other teams have enjoyed.

you could be right, in trenton you grow up playin sports and because trenton's so small, the same kids you play with usually play in highschool so theres already loads of chemistry through all of the kids playin ball

IMO GC suffers because they draw kids from 5 middle schools and there school is out in the country. They don't have a real school zone boundary or town. In towns like Milan, Huntingdon, and Humboldt etc. kids grow up as neighbors and best friends. Play on the same All stars team or Y or flag football team. Kids at GC may not even know each other until they get to high school. Kids in Rutherford and Medina live 35 40 miles apart. There is no real community of people to get behind the school. And there hasn't been a lot of talent to come out of the 5 small towns that other teams have enjoyed.

you could be right, in trenton you grow up playin sports and because trenton's so small, the same kids you play with usually play in highschool so theres already loads of chemistry through all of the kids playin ball

We have corporate booster sponsors who get a parking spot...the fee to be a corporate booster is $1,000...the radio announcer for MP took offense to this in spite of the fact that we get no tax $ and this is how we chose to fund our sports...as for his recruiting comment...when he can prove it I will address it...MP had a great team and it is a shame he can't let the loss to JCS go...

First off I'm not the radio guy. I'm better looking. LOL. Second, are you saying if I can prove recriuting you will address it? Does that mean its happening and someone just has to do a little investigation? Third, you are correct I am having a tough time with MP losing to a bought program sorry. JCS was a great team and I would have tipped my hat to them if they were a public school that has the restictions that all public schools have.

Temple[/url]Fan4Life' post='826289790' date='Dec 5 2006 - 11:04 AM']

Sounds like you don't have too much of an admiration for certain kinds of schools.

Wonder what the reason might be?

I absolutly admire private schools as long as they stand behind what they preach. In the past couple of years I just havent seen it. I pulled my son from a private school several years ago because it sicked me to see the double standards, especially in sports.

First off I'm not the radio guy. I'm better looking. LOL. Second, are you saying if I can prove recriuting you will address it? Does that mean its happening and someone just has to do a little investigation? Third, you are correct I am having a tough time with MP losing to a bought program sorry. JCS was a great team and I would have tipped my hat to them if they were a public school that has the restictions that all public schools have.

I absolutly admire private schools as long as they stand behind what they preach. In the past couple of years I just havent seen it. I pulled my son from a private school several years ago because it sicked me to see the double standards, especially in sports.

No I am not saying it is happening...but please feel free to do all the investigation you like...I am simply tired of accusations with no proof...I am not sure about your experinces with other private schools...but just as all publics are not alike...nor all all privates...don't blame us becasue of your experince with others...our boys played hard as yours did...they both deserve alot of respect...we didn't chose to play in this division we were placed there by TSSAA...be mad at them not us...MP has a great program and I wish them well

don't blame us becasue of your experince with others

out of the 14 games MP played, JCS was the only school that ripped on Marco. Nobody else, not even the two privates in region 6A

You need to be careful about questioning the integrity of people you don't know.

I know enough trust me. Actions speak louder than words.

out of the 14 games MP played, JCS was the only school that ripped on Marco. Nobody else, not even the two privates in region 6A

I know enough trust me. Actions speak louder than words.

well of course no one else could rip on him, JCS has been the only school to stop him. and i dont know if i would consider it "ripping". yes some of the students came up with some funny sayings that had his name in it.

put your self in JCS's position. all week all they heard was the only way they had a chance to win the game was to just slow down the all world mr football candidate. when one guys name is all you hear, its easy to focus in on him. and then the game comes and not only did they slow him down but they pretty much shut him down. it was probably easy to say a few things about him.

if you think that every kit at mount pleasant wouldnt do the same thing if they were in the same situation, then keep arguing about that, but i dont think you have much to defend that.