Knoxville Sweeps The State!

prospect

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you would pay attention to the thread it says in "sweep in their respective classes".... so knoxville did sweep the classes that they represented....Thanks!!!

Well----------->"Knoxville Sweeps The State!" <---------- Is what I was refering to..... THANKS!!! That did not happen.

Edited by wholder

So, do you mean that no knoxville teams were good enough to make it to the finals to "represent" 1A and 5A, or that there aren't any 1A or 5A teams in the knoxville area.

I don't believe there are any 1A schools in the Knoxville area...somebody correct me if I'm wrong...unless you want to count Greenback (Loudon-Blount County Line)...they're going through major rebuilding.

5A: Bearden, Farragut, William Blount all made a good run in the playoffs, just couldn't get it done, though. Wonder what would've happened if one of those teams would've gotten to play somebody from Middle or West Tn. instead of fighting it out amongst themselves???

Knoxville has 1 1A team but they are a start up program, Grace Christian....Greenbacks retired coach is there head coach. CAK would be 1A if not for the multiplier. Which i personally think is stupid, because the purpose was to keep the private schools out of the state championship games. But this years state championship, 1A (Both Private), Goodpasture in 2A private and David Lipscomb in 3A private. You wont see any private schools higher than 3A just because of there small student body.

In Knoxville Proper 5A you have Farragut, Bearden, and Karns. Bearden and Farragut dominate the rich sports, Golf, Tennis, Soccer. Farragut has pretty much dominated 3A in baseball, but at the larger schools kids tend to concentrate on 1 or at the most 2 sports and for some reason football does not have the tradition at these three schools like the other sports.

Edited by APSU310

Title should have been East Sweeps the state. Fulton is the only Knoxville area school. Alcoa and Maryville are Blount County Schools. This is typical behavior, when someone does something good Knoxville wants to claim it, just read the Knoxville News Sentinal. :ph34r:

Let's see how many kids off of Maryville or Alcoa's team make the all KIL list.

Edited by extremefury