OFFSEASON

bulldawg 70

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you give the tests and know exactly what they test for,as well as know EXACTLY who passes or fails? WOW I didnt know they gave that information out to the public. And most drug screens test for certain substances ONLY..such as THC, its also not unheard of to cheat a drug screen also

Know more about the situation than you did to make such an irresponsible statement as above. 1) I voted to fund the program, 2) I understand how it (the program) and drug screens in general work probably way more than you do, reference # 1 and my job, 3) Yes you are correct but when all pass the test they all play or dress out the first game. Guess what they did and finally it is only illegal to give out individual results with names. The total results were reported to the Morgan Co. Commission and School Board with the number of students passing or failing, no names as a measure of success and it was broken down by school.

Now get you a big belly full of crow.

wow jacket not only did straight up yank your chain he also droped a little science on you.sounds like you just need to relax and realize that people may pick on coalfield just to see what you'll say. chill man. and nobody will remember the 6 in a row you've won they'll remember the one you lose :thumb:

Didn't see any science in his posts, just that the tests are usually for certain substances like "THC". The panel was a 9 panel test, observed in a secure manner. Cheating on tests is fine, cheating on one can also be overcome by checking specific gravity and for foriegn substances. Again it was a secure 9 panel which is more than is tested for on State Probation, hmmmm?

Didn't see any science in his posts, just that the tests are usually for certain substances like "THC". The panel was a 9 panel test, observed in a secure manner. Cheating on tests is fine, cheating on one can also be overcome by checking specific gravity and for foriegn substances. Again it was a secure 9 panel which is more than is tested for on State Probation, hmmmm?

ok let me get this straight is the specific gravity checked on every test or is that extra for suspicious samples. you mentioned eariler about 53 samples is that coalfield only are you included in the voting process for all of morgan county is wartburg,sunbright and oakdale includined in this process? What does morgan co. spend on these test a year is girls and boys basketball included as well. Isn't it a shame that we have to have these tests instead of spending the money on the kids education. Jacket I'm just messin with you most of the time if a kid wants to cheat(steriods,fake drug samples,math test) they're gonna do it all we can do is try to prevent it and then try to stop it. I am serious about it really being a shame that we have to go this route(testing the kids) when so many rural schools are already underfunded. and I am really curious abot the amount spent a year on drug test by the school system.

ok let me get this straight is the specific gravity checked on every test or is that extra for suspicious samples. you mentioned eariler about 53 samples is that coalfield only are you included in the voting process for all of morgan county is wartburg,sunbright and oakdale includined in this process? What does morgan co. spend on these test a year is girls and boys basketball included as well. Isn't it a shame that we have to have these tests instead of spending the money on the kids education. Jacket I'm just messin with you most of the time if a kid wants to cheat(steriods,fake drug samples,math test) they're gonna do it all we can do is try to prevent it and then try to stop it. I am serious about it really being a shame that we have to go this route(testing the kids) when so many rural schools are already underfunded. and I am really curious abot the amount spent a year on drug test by the school system.

"ok let me get this straight is the specific gravity checked on every test or is that extra for suspicious samples."

The samples were as secure as they could be and be within the law regarding the sexual aspect of adult/teen contact. Then, when the sample was brought out it was looked at by the professional, marked and tagged. If it was suspicous, it was marked as such with a retake possible. Specific gravity is checked through a GSCM test (the only one to which I am aware of that is accepted in court) usually as a matter of the test.

The 53 samples I mentioned were just Coalfield High School. Testes were give at the other three also. Middle school, Cheerleaders, Bandmembers, and other extracurriculars are also required to be tested at the beginnng of the season, and randomly thereafter.

"Isn't it a shame that we have to have these tests instead of spending the money on the kids education."

Yes, however, it is also unfortunate that drug abuse from "recreational drug use" to performance enhancers has become part of the education process. The reason is most kids do not get it at home and school is a logical place to do it because of the captive audience.

Morgan Co. appropriated at total of about $35K for this program this year. There are grants available but only after a program has been instituted and shown to be a success. We are searching for as many of these as possible.

The whole idea behind the Morgan program is to identify children with a bad habit before it becomes a "problem" that has progressed to the point where major intervention by State Agencies/Courts, and such is required. Parental notification is essential to the success.

I specifically asked about the Steriod issue when this was brought up and was told it was included. I voted to fund this program. If it saves one kid in Morgan Co. and gets them on the right path, it was worth every penny. So far that has been slim in that not many were identified. Who they were we have no idea but some were caught initially. I only have raw numbers and those caught were minimal compared to the whole sample considering that 6th graders and up were tested if they participated in extracurricular activities.

Finally, Coalfield has gotten this "rap" for several years. I can and will assure you that if it happens (and it does in every program, even Oneida simply by statistics and as you said they are gonna do it anyway), it is not condoned, approved of in any way by Admin., Coaching Staff, or the Community. Coalfield's success comes from work in the off season supervised by a dedicated coaching staff, a good little league/training program, and a middle school program that has done pretty well, and support from the Local Administration.

Now, let's move on. Shall we? Coalfield's off season will be lengthy but not as long as most since it just go started and some have been in theirs for a month and a half. :thumb:

• 1 month later...

Sorry your wrong football work outs started the week after the season ended and as far as I know no one on the football team is moving the 2007 Wartburg football team believes in doing what we can to make are self better football player and students in school and the drug testing is a great thing now people can not say any of the 4 high school football teams are take things

The players were given a 2 week break at the end of the season. They were given off Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve. & Christmas Day but they did workout @ 8:30am-10:00am on New Years Day. When they started back they were on the following schedule:

Two sport athletes (basketball & wrestling) lift @ 6:30am-7:30am on Monday & Wed. and @ 10:00am on Sat morning

Football players that do not play a Winter sport lift on Mon., Tue, Thur. & Fri. from 3:30pm-5:00pm

Spring Practice will start on February 26, 2007

After Spring Practice the football players that do not participate in baseball will have the following schedule:

Monday, Wed. & Friday 3:30-4:30 Weight workout

Monday, Wed. & Friday 4:45-5:45 Track & Field (mandatory for football players)

Tue. & Thur 3:30-5:15 Track & Field

Summer Schedule:

8:00am-9:00am Wed. (flexibility, speed training & plyometrics)

9:00am-9:30am Wed. (snack break)

9:30am-10:30am Wed. (skill players passing league practice) (lineman work on technique)

8:00am-9:30am Monday, Tue, Thur, & Friday (Weights)

9:30am-10:00am Monday, Tue, Thur & Friday (Snack Break)

10:00am-10:45 Monday, Tue., Thur. & Friday (flexibility, speed training & plyometrics)

10:45am-11:00am Mon., Tue, Thur & Friday (hydration break)

11:00am-12:00 noon Monday, Tue, Thur., & Friday (skill players passing league practice) (lineman work on technique)

Edited by cbg