Clarksville-Northeast vs. Beech

coachgat

Any details regarding that game?

Hey coach, The score was 60 - 58 Beech. Northeast strting post went down with an ankle in the first quarter. Northeast was leading 21-7 at the time. Also, no Miko Williams, also out with a sprained ankle.(second game) And the other starting forward just returned the day of the game. She was away do to a family emergency. They have had some tough brakes so far this year. They are really going to be good I believe. Dawn nearly pulled them through. She had 26 on a tough shooting night. Not to take anything from Beech They definitly deserved the win and they are very well coached.

Edited by RARip

Hey coach, The score was 60 - 58 Beech. Northeast strting post went down with an ankle in the first quarter. The score was 21-7 at the time. Also, no Miko Williams, also out with a sprained ankle.(second game) And the other starting forward just returned the day of the game. She was away do to a family emergency. They have had some tough brakes so far this year. They are really going to be good I believe. Dawn nearly pulled them through. Shad 26 on a tough shooting night. Not to take anything from Beech They definitly deserved the win and they are very well coached.

thanks for the update. Miko makes a difference out there. I hope she returns soon. We have some people out too. It's tough.

Hey coach, The score was 60 - 58 Beech. Northeast strting post went down with an ankle in the first quarter. Northeast was leading 21-7 at the time. Also, no Miko Williams, also out with a sprained ankle.(second game) And the other starting forward just returned the day of the game. She was away do to a family emergency. They have had some tough brakes so far this year. They are really going to be good I believe. Dawn nearly pulled them through. She had 26 on a tough shooting night. Not to take anything from Beech They definitly deserved the win and they are very well coached.

Without and entirely without criticism, no one on norhteast wears ankle braces as I remember. This team extends itself 120% and throws itself at the other team on defense. it is a great team but a team that does that and is asked to do that needs to protect itself from injuries. You pick the brace, tape or whats ever and its needed. I hope both of those players can come back quickly.

Without and entirely without criticism, no one on norhteast wears ankle braces as I remember. This team extends itself 120% and throws itself at the other team on defense. it is a great team but a team that does that and is asked to do that needs to protect itself from injuries. You pick the brace, tape or whats ever and its needed. I hope both of those players can come back quickly.

Just to add to this comment...my niece lost both her braces & didnt tell anyone. She turned her ankle the first game & had to come out. Thankfully it wasnt bad & she went back in later. The next game she had found 1 brace & turned her other ankle. She kept telling me she was ok. Needless to say I bought her another brace. It was so obvious the difference the braces were making.

Just to add to this comment...my niece lost both her braces & didnt tell anyone. She turned her ankle the first game & had to come out. Thankfully it wasnt bad & she went back in later. The next game she had found 1 brace & turned her other ankle. She kept telling me she was ok. Needless to say I bought her another brace. It was so obvious the difference the braces were making.

hope she is ok

Several of the girl's do wear ankle braces. I think it must be player's choice. If I had the choice I would always wear them. If I was the coach I would make it mandatory.

The girl's played well at times Friday night, we just had a horrible 3rd quarter.

I'm glad it wasn't a district game.

Good Luck Girls

CoachGat,

How are things going? Who's out injured?

Several of the girl's do wear ankle braces. I think it must be player's choice. If I had the choice I would always wear them. If I was the coach I would make it mandatory.

The girl's played well at times Friday night, we just had a horrible 3rd quarter.

I'm glad it wasn't a district game.

Good Luck Girls

CoachGat,

this is a coaches opinion, but if the girls can get taped before the game i think they will find that alot more comfortable. When get start getting those braces on your shoe gets fat and really lose support in your shoe as well. Not only do you lose support in your shoe but it becomes tougher to keep the tied. Getting your ankle taped is the best way to go.

CoachGat,

My Senior forward is out with a sprained ankle. She was suppose to have on a brace but she wore another kind that I didn't get the chance to inspect and we are paying for it now. Freshman forward/shooting guard with an injury from the fall during AAU. She never really healed fully and got back out there during the summer playing AAU. It was giving her some problems during conditioning and the doctor said that she can go on since she was playing all summer on it. Now she is going to be out for a while. Not sure for how long yet but I'm not expecting her back for the rest of this month. Thank God we have some depth. We basically played the last game without both of them. The senior got injured in the beginning of the 3rd quarter on Friday. The freshman showed signs of discomfort in that same game and was seated. So saturday we had to readjust our lineup a little during the game. We got a long way to go to get these solid contributers healthy.

If you would just think about it, you train these players thru spring parctice, conditioning and preseason and have a lot invested in them helping the team and for the School to invest and train and then injuries hold out th player is not very efficient way of coaching. So why not spend the time to do warmups and wear the most efficient gear. Pat Summit does it, all Colleges/Universities have Trainers that it is their job to keep the players healthy. Why does it hurt to insist on players to wear the best gear. To not get the right information as to how its done and implent the plan is not smart coaching and not utilizing players to one's best advantage.

If you would just think about it, you train these players thru spring parctice, conditioning and preseason and have a lot invested in them helping the team and for the School to invest and train and then injuries hold out th player is not very efficient way of coaching. So why not spend the time to do warmups and wear the most efficient gear. Pat Summit does it, all Colleges/Universities have Trainers that it is their job to keep the players healthy. Why does it hurt to insist on players to wear the best gear. To not get the right information as to how its done and implent the plan is not smart coaching and not utilizing players to one's best advantage.

I totally agree on the comments. Most of the girls do wear braces, although not the best kind. I believe it does help cut down on the injuries but sometimes a team just runs into a rash of injuries.