WB freshman team

Da_Governator

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know what aau team these guys played for this past summer. Because i played for a team that played about 4 tournaments around Knoxville, and we might have played against them

They played as Blount Bullets (14U). Played a few tournaments around the Knoxville and Maryville area. Were decent ... won one tournament, runner-up in a couple of more. Got dusted a few times by some really good Knox area teams. Who'd you play for?

I was also a spectator at the freshman game (WB vs LC) and you are right I never heard him say the "F" word. I actually heard him say "bless your heart" to one of the players after his finished chewing his butt. I will say though that I did hear him make comments to his own players and the referees about a few LC players' height. I did hear runt mentioned also. Although I don't think he meant them harshly, because it was in the heat of the moment, but I know that some of the LC parent's heard them from their sons on the bench and were not happy.

I was also a spectator at the freshman game (WB vs LC) and you are right I never heard him say the "F" word. I actually heard him say "bless your heart" to one of the players after his finished chewing his butt. I will say though that I did hear him make comments to his own players and the referees about a few LC players' height. I did hear runt mentioned also. Although I don't think he meant them harshly, because it was in the heat of the moment, but I know that some of the LC parent's heard them from their sons on the bench and were not happy.

*He say's "bless your heart" alot ... like 200 times a game.

*He would never say the "f" word at a game, at practice, or anytime in front of his players. Perhaps he could have said "freakin" and somebody misheard ... but I'd stake my reputation (such as it is) on the fact that he didn't curse. People need to be really careful on here when they accuse others of things based on hearsay.

*If I'm on a team and somebody calls us "runts" because we're small ... I think I'm just gonna want to go out and prove to the folks there that these "runts" can play. I'd say Lenoir City did a pretty good job of that. They whupped us. They are a really good team.

I suppose that it would be easy to confuse freikin with fn from the stands. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. He is a very intense coach and those little guys have a tendency to frustrate opposing coaches and players.

I did see that Micah did not play tonight for the govs which does lead me to believe that he must be quite ill. I'm sure knowing what I know about his ability that he would have given anything to be out there helping his team. It was a good game and very entertaining to watch.

Congrats to the Panthers on the big district win. I'm sure the govs will come back strong because from what I've seen Coach Baumann does a great job.

Again, I do apologize for the misunderstanding and I retract my statement about the profanity. As for the runt comment...They are kind of small but they sure can play.

I suppose that it would be easy to confuse freikin with fn from the stands. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. He is a very intense coach and those little guys have a tendency to frustrate opposing coaches and players.

I did see that Micah did not play tonight for the govs which does lead me to believe that he must be quite ill. I'm sure knowing what I know about his ability that he would have given anything to be out there helping his team. It was a good game and very entertaining to watch.

Congrats to the Panthers on the big district win. I'm sure the govs will come back strong because from what I've seen Coach Baumann does a great job.

Again, I do apologize for the misunderstanding and I retract my statement about the profanity. As for the runt comment...They are kind of small but they sure can play.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about "freakin" ... but you know these young'uns these days!!

From what I've witnessed the last two nights, I'd say the future for Lenoir City boys' basketball is really, really bright.

Appology accepted, and also I appologize if I sounded like a jerk. I can sometimes. See you guys later ... hopefully, we can compete a little better.

• 2 months later...

In two words ... they are "real good." 3 & 0 going into tonight's game vs Lenoir City. Impressive come from behind wins versus Maryville (down by 20 in third quarter) and Clinton (down by 8 at halftime) and a strong win over South Doyle.

Led by Micah Ballard. He's also playing varsity. Best freshman in Blount County and one of the best in state.

other starters:

Dylan Keith - post -- not real big but plays strong. Second leading scorer behind Ballard.

Tyler McGraw -- post - very athletic ... great defender.

Zach Seivers --wing-- incredibly improved since 8th grade year -- hit two big 3's versus Maryville in second half ... very smart player.

Tyler Stinnett--point--great ball handler...great floor vision ... hit 3 at buzzer against Clinton for the WB win.

Ty McBrayer--Chad Walker--Jeremy Snyder will all see the floor alot and could start at times as well. Lots of depth. Ty is quick as a cat and hard to defend one on one; Chad is still learning but has great potential as post ... incredible athletic ability; Jeremy--when he's on is as good of shooter as anyone on the team, his two 3's in first half against Clinton kept the game close.

Team has great chemistry and great coach. The only weakness is lack of size. Maryville and Clinton both hurt them inside. We need us a tall guy or two !!!

First of all WB's Freshman team is not "Real Good" their whole team is based around one player (Micah) and Tyler Stinnet is not a great ball handler, maybe a good ball handler but not great he walked about every time he got the ball in the WB Maryville championship game.

*He say's "bless your heart" alot ... like 200 times a game.

*He would never say the "f" word at a game, at practice, or anytime in front of his players. Perhaps he could have said "freakin" and somebody misheard ... but I'd stake my reputation (such as it is) on the fact that he didn't curse. People need to be really careful on here when they accuse others of things based on hearsay.

*If I'm on a team and somebody calls us "runts" because we're small ... I think I'm just gonna want to go out and prove to the folks there that these "runts" can play. I'd say Lenoir City did a pretty good job of that. They whupped us. They are a really good team.

Do not have a dog in this race but people should not get so worked up by word like runt. I was a 5 foot nothing runt in school called that all the time and just made me play harder! People are way too sensitive today! It's not nice but its not the end of the world either,

I don't doubt that Micah Ballard is good. I will say that based on what I saw, Lenoir City had at least 3 players that were as good if not better than him. Lenoir City, playing short handed beat William Blount tonight 76-52. They beat them in every aspect of the game. Tyler Hood, Tyler Thomas, and Caleb Mabry didn't even play. All of which are capable of starting. At times Lenoir City had three guards on the floor that are all smaller than 5'3 and they ran circles around the Govs. Coach Baumann really should be careful what he says about his opposition. I heard him make reference to how small the Panthers were on more than one occasion. Calling them "runts"...I'm glad Lenoir City has a coaching staff that treats their players and the opposition with respect.

William Blount shouldn't feel bad though. That is the closest game Lenoir City has had this year. They have beaten Oak Ridge, Loudon, Catholic, Karns and Farragut by an average margin of 30 points per game. They are averaging around 80.