CENTENNIAL VS. FRANKLIN

CHS 2007

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big District 11 matchup this Friday. As the 4-2 Franklin Rebels go cross town to face the 5-3 Centennial Cougars. Both teams are playing strong basketball this season and all their losses have been to respectable teams. Centennial has the size advantage, but Franklin is deadly from the field this year. It's gonna be crazy in Franktown this Friday, so who take this one?

The only team I have seen both of them play is BGA. Obviously, BGA is not a very strong team this year, but they did beat Centennial by I think 10. And FHS beat BGA by almost 30. So, I would predict FHS by 20 or more, but no matter how good each of these teams are.. these games almost always end up being close.

Btw, "Franktown" is a nickname for Franklin High that we came up with about five or six years ago... And the game is at Centennial, therefore it will not be crazy AT Frantown this Friday. :thumb:

The only team I have seen both of them play is BGA. Obviously, BGA is not a very strong team this year, but they did beat Centennial by I think 10. And FHS beat BGA by almost 30. So, I would predict FHS by 20 or more, but no matter how good each of these teams are.. these games almost always end up being close.

Btw, "Franktown" is a nickname for Franklin High that we came up with about five or six years ago... And the game is at Centennial, therefore it will not be crazy AT Frantown this Friday. :thumb:

Well, the city liked it so much they adopted it as a nickname.

I think if Centennial can contain the outside scorers for Franklin, we have a pretty good chance. We got the size advantage, so the Rebels are gonna rely on Glass and Glover to make plays from the outside. If Centennial can limit space and put pressure on the outside, we'll have a good chance.

The factor for Franklin is gonna be Derek Batt. He normally seems to go inside, but he also has a deadly shot. With Kelly and Harris down low, Batt will have a tough time in the paint, so he will have to be hot from the field.

Well, the city liked it so much they adopted it as a nickname.

I think if Centennial can contain the outside scorers for Franklin, we have a pretty good chance. We got the size advantage, so the Rebels are gonna rely on Glass and Glover to make plays from the outside. If Centennial can limit space and put pressure on the outside, we'll have a good chance.

The factor for Franklin is gonna be Derek Batt. He normally seems to go inside, but he also has a deadly shot. With Kelly and Harris down low, Batt will have a tough time in the paint, so he will have to be hot from the field.

FHS has a lot more than D. Batt & guard play to throw at Centennial. Check out the stats from tonight's game. We have 3-4 inside scorers and several outside shooters who can light it up. Add that to our swarming defense & it should add up to a 20+ point victory for FHS.

I think that Kelly is over-rated. I sure don't see him as a D-1 prospect. Maybe he will surprise us all. As mentioned before, FHS did an excellent job of shutting down BGA's big man, Saunders, for the last 2 years. He had all of 2 points in the first half against us a few weeks ago. I believe that we will give Kelly some of that same medicine.

But heck, I love a close game. So Centennial, bring your A-Game and lets have another great "Battle of Franklin". And NO you may not have our "Franktown" and use it as your own. It belongs to THE REBELS!! :angry:

I think that Kelly is over-rated. I sure don't see him as a D-1 prospect. Maybe he will surprise us all. As mentioned before, FHS did an excellent job of shutting down BGA's big man, Saunders, for the last 2 years. He had all of 2 points in the first half against us a few weeks ago. I believe that we will give Kelly some of that same medicine.

I think that you're wrong. He scored 36 on Hillsboro tonight...does that change your mind at all?

I think that you're wrong. He scored 36 on Hillsboro tonight...does that change your mind at all?

And what was the score of that Hillsboro game? And which skinny kids at Hillsboro were trying to guard him?

Well he had 18 in a loosing effort against Indy last week. I'll take a few more wins over individual stats any day. I wish him well. If Kelly get's an offer from an SEC team, I'll be proud of him. I just don't think it will happen.

The game Friday should be a good "reality check" for Kelly & the rest of the folks @ Centennial. Time will tell. :thumb:

so i look at franklin's schedual and i see one impressive victory so far and that was against bga

and so this gives you your only front for a score to predict

and i also dont care who you play; 36pts is a feat in high school basketball

oh and if your gonna go for stats here's another one

centennial is 2-0 at home beating their opponets by 28.5 pts at home

not saying that its a front to predict a score tho

i'll stay with my score

chs-64

fhs-56

so i look at franklin's schedual and i see one impressive victory so far and that was against bga

and so this gives you your only front for a score to predict

and i also dont care who you play; 36pts is a feat in high school basketball

oh and if your gonna go for stats here's another one

centennial is 2-0 at home beating their opponets by 28.5 pts at home

not saying that its a front to predict a score tho

i'll stay with my score

chs-64

fhs-56

Your right two home wins against page and marshall county is pretty impressive. haha

Kelly is a good post player who is almost automatic in the paint. Thompson is good but depends on the night. Good thing is he provides height which is always good. As for the perimeter players McLemore seems to be the only threat outside arc.

For CHS to win they must play defense, at hillsboro their defense was horrible and let hillsboro out hustle them almost all night. They must minimize turnovers and take care of the ball. Making the easy basket will be key along with staying out of foul trouble because their bench is not nearly as strong as FHS

FHS keeps getting better every game playing much tougher opponents. FHS provides a couple big and physical post players. Outside the arc they provide a quick three point threat. FHS also is a much better defensive team who is quick to the ball and will pressure you.

For FHS to win they must pressure the ball. CHS does not handle the double team trap and pressure well and can force many turnovers. With that they must convert turnovers into points. Franklin must also control the paint and force CHS to play out on the perimeter. Once Kelly gets the ball on the blocks it is an easy two points from there.

My pick: Franklin

Anyone who thinks Drew Kelly is overrated has never seen him play....

UMRebel, first off, who is Thompson? (I think maybe you meant Harris) Second of all, you're right about Centennial's defense. They seem to do well against the bigger teams, but going against a team with more athleticism and a good outside game, they tend to get outplayed. Look at the Indy game, absolutely shut down Luttrell and Eddington, but Farris and Kuchar got hot from the field. Last night, we were giving Hillsboro too much room. Franklin is going to be tough because they have big guys who can go in low as well as shoot the ball from the outside. That's why Centennial needs to pressure Franklin all night, run the fullcourt press, give the Franklin guys absolutely no room to make a move. They're playing inconsistent ball right now, so the defense is gonna be the factor for us.

And inappropiate, yes this is a pretty big rivalry, some consider it the biggest in the county.

Edited by CHS 2007

Anyone who thinks Drew Kelly is overrated has never seen him play....

UMRebel, first off, who is Thompson? (I think maybe you meant Harris) Second of all, you're right about Centennial's defense. They seem to do well against the bigger teams, but going against a team with more athleticism and a good outside game, they tend to get outplayed. Look at the Indy game, absolutely shut down Luttrell and Eddington, but Farris and Kuchar got hot from the field. Last night, we were giving Hillsboro too much room. Franklin is going to be tough because they have big guys who can go in low as well as shoot the ball from the outside. That's why Centennial needs to pressure Franklin all night, run the fullcourt press, give the Franklin guys absolutely no room to make a move. They're playing inconsistent ball right now, so the defense is gonna be the factor for us.

And inappropiate, yes this is a pretty big rivalry, some consider it the biggest in the county.

ah your right, I must have been thinking titans, sorry.