WB fans can we make it back to the playoffs?

WBdadFORLIFE

I didnt get to make many games with work and all this year and I was just wondering is the future bright at good ole Willie B?

Things are looking good. Most of the skill position players are returning with several new faces that will contribute well. There are holes that will have to be filled, due to graduations, in the defensive and offensive line along with replacing a good place kicker. I would like to take the opportunity to congradulate the seniors for a great year and wish them well in the future. We witnessed a very exciting season this year that almost required CPR and Heart Defibulators for the fans at most games. I look forward to another great year of exciting football in Region 2 5A. Go Govs

I talked to a friend of mine in middle Tennessee who is real close to this situation so I am going to say 3-7.

Dang, MHS ... I hope you're wrong. I actually believe the team can be better next season than they were this season.

* Burstrom will be back at qb, with a year's experience.

*D. Walker will be tough to replace at rb and de, but there's still one more Walker in the cupboard and he's a good one. He (TJ), Cole Lail, and Darren Garner will anchor a tough running game.

*Great receiver back in Grey Clevenger ... he showed glimpses this year of what he is capable of... tall, long arms, great routes, great speed.

*Defensively, most of a strong D returns.

*Special teams ... punter (Whitehead) back; we lose excellent kicker and will have to find a replacement.

*Key ... as it always is, is Coach Emert developing the line.

With the toughest schedule around (Dobyns Bennett, Sevier County, and Maryville out of region--Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, Farragut, McMinn in region) it will be a tough road to hold, but I hope we can do better than 3 & 7.

Dang, MHS ... I hope you're wrong. I actually believe the team can be better next season than they were this season.

* Burstrom will be back at qb, with a year's experience.

*D. Walker will be tough to replace at rb and de, but there's still one more Walker in the cupboard and he's a good one. He (TJ), Cole Lail, and Darren Garner will anchor a tough running game.

*Great receiver back in Grey Clevenger ... he showed glimpses this year of what he is capable of... tall, long arms, great routes, great speed.

*Defensively, most of a strong D returns.

*Special teams ... punter (Whitehead) back; we lose excellent kicker and will have to find a replacement.

*Key ... as it always is, is Coach Emert developing the line.

With the toughest schedule around (Dobyns Bennett, Sevier County, and Maryville out of region--Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, Farragut, McMinn in region) it will be a tough road to hold, but I hope we can do better than 3 & 7.

Govman.......I agree with your assessment. The schedule is tough though and injuries and depth will play a big part in the Gov's final record more this coming year than last. I'm going to go with 6-4 and another play-off berth for the govs...... :lol:

Govman.......I agree with your assessment. The schedule is tough though and injuries and depth will play a big part in the Gov's final record more this coming year than last. I'm going to go with 6-4 and another play-off berth for the govs...... :lol:

6-4 would be a good year. 7-3 or better (8-2!!) would probably signify the best WB team we've had in a while (very wishful thinking).

The thing is--and you've alluded to this ML--in 5A football right now, a team like WB with a break or two, could realistically get to Murfreesboro. There is no dominant team. And once you get there ... unless you're 2A or 4A, anything could happen.

Hey, wrong sport ... but ... do you believe all the footballers who have played basketball in the past will make the transition this year? Rumor was flying around the gym last night that Maples might forego his senior year of b-ball.

6-4 would be a good year. 7-3 or better (8-2!!) would probably signify the best WB team we've had in a while (very wishful thinking).

The thing is--and you've alluded to this ML--in 5A football right now, a team like WB with a break or two, could realistically get to Murfreesboro. There is no dominant team. And once you get there ... unless you're 2A or 4A, anything could happen.

Hey, wrong sport ... but ... do you believe all the footballers who have played basketball in the past will make the transition this year? Rumor was flying around the gym last night that Maples might forego his senior year of b-ball.

Not from what I am hearing. Maples will take a week or two off to heal and then be back on the court. D. Hunt will be there today and Douglass was there last night so the three varsity players will be there unless something has changed since yesterday. It will take a month for them to get into BB shape but I expect them to be a big help to the team soon....especially Douglass...a much needed big man.

Not from what I am hearing. Maples will take a week or two off to heal and then be back on the court. D. Hunt will be there today and Douglass was there last night so the three varsity players will be there unless something has changed since yesterday. It will take a month for them to get into BB shape but I expect them to be a big help to the team soon....especially Douglass...a much needed big man.

I believe once Derrick, Tyler, and Aaron get their b-ball legs under them, Maryville is the team to beat in their district this year. If Maryville plays OR this season, I really want to come. Wildcats are loaded.

Dang, MHS ... I hope you're wrong. I actually believe the team can be better next season than they were this season

G Man! You know I am just messing. I thought you might be trying to cut back on caffiene and thought this would be a good pick me up for you first thing this morning. In all actuality you guys could have had a much better record this year than you did but the breaks did not go your way. A reversal of that trend and yes, next year could be much better.

Edited by mhs

Dang, MHS ... I hope you're wrong. I actually believe the team can be better next season than they were this season

G Man! You know I am just messing. I thought you might be trying to cut back on caffiene and thought this would be a good pick me up for you first thing this morning. In all actuality you guys could have had a much better record this year than you did but the breaks did not go your way. A reversal of that trend and yes, next year could be much better.

I was good MHS ... I was following you. :thumb: You're right about "breaks" this season, but the other side of that coin, we caught a few fortunate breaks too in the games we won, so it evens out. This was the wierdest season I ever remember for the Govs. Will say this, with the exception of you guys and maybe 1 or 2 more games, William Blount provided "exciting" games all year.