Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for another bus incident. I am hopeful for a LC win but not at all confident. We have the talent, no doubt in my mind. Coaching will be the difference, no doubt in my mind about that either. You tell me OC I think you have known our coach longer than I have. Do you think he has lost a step. Better yet do you think that if Sisco was coaching LC and Whitby was coaching UC the series record would be in favor of LC ? There is no shame in retirement.

Hoping for another bus incident. I am hopeful for a LC win but not at all confident. We have the talent, no doubt in my mind. Coaching will be the difference, no doubt in my mind about that either. You tell me OC I think you have known our coach longer than I have. Do you think he has lost a step. Better yet do you think that if Sisco was coaching LC and Whitby was coaching UC the series record would be in favor of LC ? There is no shame in retirement.

There would be more discipline on the team...There wouldn't be anybody missing busses and still getting to play....All I know about Whitby is he doesn't look well to me....I have seen him jumping around,hollering and yelling on the sidelines in the past and he just doesn't look like he feels well....I think had Sisco been the coach of the Falcons,they would have won the state last year,no doubt and they would be favorites this year....

I think after last nites game at Central Station and the close call the Tornadoes weathered,I don't imagine the guys had anything on their minds but getting on the "right" bus and getting back to Union City....I think the game with OC last nite will help them Tuesday nite for this reason...They had to beat a team in a very loud,energetic hostile gym....It was an unbelievable atmosphere in the new gym last nite and the Tornadoes had to fight all the way to the final buzzer to finally win 71-66..It will be that way Tuesday nite against the Falcons and the Tornadoes will be able to handle it...

My prediction for Tuesday nite is Union City 84....Lake County 71....

BTW....Whitby was in attendance last nite scouting the Tornadoes....

Greenfield would be better with him (Sisco) also.... :thumb:

No thanks, we'll be just fine without him. Greenfield is a small school and we dont have the boys to compete with Union City year in and year out. We competed rather well with Union City back in 03, 04 & 05 and it may take a few years but we will be back. We have an 8th grade bunch that will be able to compete with Union City, give them 2 or 3 years.

Right now our girls program is competing rather well and only going to get better over the next few years. I notice you dont talk much about Union City girls.

I agree but it sure helps to have two/three times as many students to pick from. It all starts with the Peewee Leagues and the coaches that take the time to build from the ground up. Take nothing away from Union Citys boys team but its not the coaching that is winning for Union City. They have more talent and are alot deeper than any team. That is winning games. Union City should win 3 State Championships in a row if the coach can just keep these players on the court.

Lake County has a better coach.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Pickett Co beat Temple by 10 points so there's a good chance Union City and Lake Co. will enter Tuesday nights game as the #1 and #2 teams in the State

Lake Co or Union City will drop after Tuesday nights game...If Lake Co loses..I see them dropping to about 5th..If Union City loses..I don't think they'll drop but 1 spot...but coming into this game...there may be a chance that 3 teams in our district could be voted as the top 3 teams in the state..I wonder if 3 teams in the same district has ever held the top 3 spots in the AP poll before...It may not happen..but was just putting the thought out ..

Edited by mrbigster

There would be more discipline on the team...There wouldn't be anybody missing busses and still getting to play....All I know about Whitby is he doesn't look well to me....I have seen him jumping around,hollering and yelling on the sidelines in the past and he just doesn't look like he feels well....I think had Sisco been the coach of the Falcons,they would have won the state last year,no doubt and they would be favorites this year....

I think after last nites game at Central Station and the close call the Tornadoes weathered,I don't imagine the guys had anything on their minds but getting on the "right" bus and getting back to Union City....I think the game with OC last nite will help them Tuesday nite for this reason...They had to beat a team in a very loud,energetic hostile gym....It was an unbelievable atmosphere in the new gym last nite and the Tornadoes had to fight all the way to the final buzzer to finally win 71-66..It will be that way Tuesday nite against the Falcons and the Tornadoes will be able to handle it...

My prediction for Tuesday nite is Union City 84....Lake County 71....

BTW....Whitby was in attendance last nite scouting the Tornadoes....

Still think that UC would have won the championship if Whitby was coaching.Whitby had his team in position to win in Middleton a couple of years ago,but they missed their free throws at the end of the game.And Greenfield would probably be a better team,but they will still be in 7th place in the district.Not as much talent to work with.Union City matched up better with Lake Co last year than they did with Humboldt.UC had a better team than Lake Co last year.Remember UC had won big in LC last year,then LC struggled with the B team in UC and in the regionals UC held a double digit lead for most of the game and LC made the big run in the 4th.So i think that UC would have won if we had Whitby coaching,but we also got a little luck in the Middleton game.We never know what would have happened if whoever was coaching.Think that both are good coaches with each having a state championship apiece.

Still think that UC would have won the championship if Whitby was coaching.Whitby had his team in position to win in Middleton a couple of years ago,but they missed their free throws at the end of the game.And Greenfield would probably be a better team,but they will still be in 7th place in the district.Not as much talent to work with.Union City matched up better with Lake Co last year than they did with Humboldt.UC had a better team than Lake Co last year.Remember UC had won big in LC last year,then LC struggled with the B team in UC and in the regionals UC held a double digit lead for most of the game and LC made the big run in the 4th.So i think that UC would have won if we had Whitby coaching,but we also got a little luck in the Middleton game.We never know what would have happened if whoever was coaching.Think that both are good coaches with each having a state championship apiece.

I think coach Whitby was a good coach. His record is proof of that. He has stayed too long. How long ago was that state championship? That win is ancient history. Tell me do you think that UC has better talent than LC without question. I don't think so. If you don't think that they do then coaching is the difference. LC should not try to full court press UC all night. That strategy plays into UC's hands. Press on occasion but for most of the game set up your half court defense and play them heads up. I'd rather see UC shoot threes with a man in their face than a layup on the other end after breaking our press.

I think coach Whitby was a good coach. His record is proof of that. He has stayed too long. How long ago was that state championship? That win is ancient history. Tell me do you think that UC has better talent than LC without question. I don't think so. If you don't think that they do then coaching is the difference.

Whitby/Sisco head to head...you can't really compare them just on this one game. Whitby might be able to out coach Sisco on Tuesday night, but over the course of the season Whitby will not be able to continue at as high of a level as Sisco can. (That's no fault of Whitby because he can't help it that Sisco is a few years younger than he is.)

I think that Sisco is a better coach probably because I am around him more and get to see more of his games...but..Sisco takes the players and talent that he has, and he molds his style of coaching to them. He puts in the time and dedication to make his players better. He makes them good enough to win...and that's all you can ask of a coach.