Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Just to update everyone. Lake County defeated Fulton City last night 62-60. Early it looked as if the Falcons were going to win in a laugher as they got up by around 15 early. They seemed to relax and the Bulldogs got hot from the perimeter and actually took a 5 point lead with about 5 minutes to play. The Falcons stepped it up especially Valentine, Copelin and Springer in the final minutes to pull out the win. LC plays @Halls tonight and then at home for the showdown with UC on Tuesday. Depth is still killing the Falcons as they only went 6 deep last night, 7 if you count the 30 seconds the Fr. Robertson played to get Sep a quick breather. Hope they will be ready for the Tornadoes on Tuesday who continue to roll through 14A. If they finish undefeated in this district it will be an AWESOME accomplishment!

Not to dispute you,but the Paducah Sun reported the score at 63-62 LC.....Either way winning by one or two points at home against Fulton City isn't saying much...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to dispute you,but the Paducah Sun reported the score at 63-62 LC.....Either way winning by one or two points at home against Fulton City isn't saying much...

Fulton is not a bad team.I said that the game will be a test for Lake Co.Fulton has a lot of athletes.Most of their losses were without their best player Barry Graves,who was suspended for some games.Most of those guys are good in football and basketball.It probably took them some time to get the football out of their system and now they are playing good basketball.Deron Williams,running back,Aaron Williams,quarterback,and Barry Graves,defensive end,are good players,and they have a good coach in George Yarbrough.He played on the good Hickman Co Ky teams in the latter part of the 80's that either gave UC trouble or beat them.I knew that game was going to be a good one and i was going but wanted to see Derrick Rose vs Brandon Jennings.

Score at the half.....

Bradford-29

Union City-49

Union City Scoring....

Tony Wilkins-16pts

MJ Brown-13pts

Cedric Allen-6pts

Jeremy Simpson-5pts

Ryne Simpson-5pts

Pat Polk-4pts

Bradford Scoring.....

Tate-9pts

Evans-8pts

Holloman-6pts

Proudfit-3pts

Reynolds-3pts

Union City exploded for a 35 point quarter for the third time this season....

Final From Union City.....

Bradford......17.......12.......14.......10......=53

Union City....14.......35.......15.......17......=81

Union City Scoring....

Tony Wilkins-23pts

MJ Brown-20pts

Cedric Allen-15pts

Jeremy Simpson-8pts

Ryne Simpson-5pts

Pat Polk-4pts

Nik Brooks-3pts

KJ Brooks-3pts

Bradford Scoring.......

Holloman-11pts

Tate-9pts

Evans-8pts

Dyer-8pts

Reynolds-5pts

Cates-5pts

Proudfit-4pts

Clay Hampton-3pts

So much for a challenge from a "hot" Bradford ballclub.....Union City has not scored less than 80 points in a district game so far this year and moves to 20-3 and 13-0 in the district...UC makes the short trip to Troy Saturday night to make their first appearance in the brand new gym @ OC.....Central Station....Should be a big crowd for the renewal of the county rivalry....

Lake Co slept through the first half and led Halls by three..I believe the score was 27-24..Lake Co came out and took about a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter..With about 3 minutes to go in the game L:ake Co had a 24 point lead at 63-39 and started subbing and Coach Jarret from Halls followed suit...I left with about a minute left and the score was about 67-49..

LC Halls final LC 69 Halls 53

Neither team looked interested to be there in the first half. I would have left if it hadn't been a closer game. Here is a rundown. (once again close but not perfect)

First Quarter: LC 14 / H 12

Geanes: 11pts 1 tre Springer: 1 FT Valentine, Copeland, & Johnson: 0

Roberson: 1 tre on a short sub for springer

Second QuarterL LC 27 / H 24

Geanes: 4 Springer: 1 FT Valentine, & Copeland: 0

Johnson: 2 Avery: 6

Third Quarter: LC 51 / H 34

Geanes: 5pts 1 tre Springer: 7 1FT

Copeland: 6 Avery: 2

Fourth Quarter: LC 69 / H 53

Geanes: 5 1 tre Springer: 1 Copeland: 8

Kimbal: 2

Totals:

Geanes: 27

Springer: 9

Valentine: 0

Copeland: 14

Johnson: 2

Avery: 8

Robertson: 3

Nice to finaly meet ya Bigster!

I am still a little unsure of how we will play against UC.

I don't have any doubt we can run for 4 quarters.

I don't think we will have a shooting percentage to hang with UC.

Geanes only hits 50% from anywhere on a good night.

I can't remember a game where Valentine had double digits. Good on defence.

Springer is good but unpredictable.

Avery and Johnson, two words: FOUL TROUBLE....and maybe they could rebound once in a while. But in the last three games they both came out working hard so who knows.

I have no prediction for Tuesday. UC wins, great, they deserve it. LC wins, great.

Nice to finaly meet ya Bigster!

I am still a little unsure of how we will play against UC.

I don't have any doubt we can run for 4 quarters.

I don't think we will have a shooting percentage to hang with UC.

Geanes only hits 50% from anywhere on a good night.

I can't remember a game where Valentine had double digits. Good on defence.

Springer is good but unpredictable.

Avery and Johnson, two words: FOUL TROUBLE....and maybe they could rebound once in a while. But in the last three games they both came out working hard so who knows.

I have no prediction for Tuesday. UC wins, great, they deserve it. LC wins, great.

Looking forward to going back to Tiptonville on Tuesday...I was there early in the year for the LC-Obion Central game..I imagine the atmosphere will be a little wilder Tuesday nite....

I don't know if he will play but Andre' Coby warmed up Friday nite against Bradford...Word is he will be held out for another week,which means he would miss the LC game....

For LC to have a chance in this game,they are going to have to come out stronger to start the game...The last three games against UC they have come out slow and UC built some big leads and forced the Falcons to come back..Even last year in UC when UC had four starters suspended it took the Falcons close to three quarters to take control of the game....

Union City takes on Obion Central tonite in Troy,maybe there won't be any more bus problems and none of the UC players will be suspended for the game on Tuesday nite.... :thumb: