Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to be out of your mind if you think Lake County will beat Union City....UC scored 65 in one half against Dresden Lake Co scored 74 the whole game....I see a beat-down in the future.... :thumb:

ok i'm sorry lake county is goin to lay down to the tornadoes. I dont see it happen. I hope you dont get on the computer after the 12.

Bah this bah that.... Pray this Pray that.... First i dont this that Jesus is interested with basketball to begin with. Second I dont think that were goin to lose but that is my thought compared to your thought. I guess that the game needs to be played to find out. By the way good luck U.C.

Jesus may not be involved but u may wish he was after the tornadoes show now mercy on LC. I mean c'mon UC is just to tuff even with tha big bullseye on thier back they will meet every challenge disrtict, region, and state champs. UC and Tha Boldt in tha Boro again. Sorry L.C. and next yr UC will be even better.

I look for UC to take the season hands down but fall short of Boro. They will probably have been the better team in the long haul, but I dont think they will go the distance. Humbolt will have long season and may actually come out on top in the end.

I love my falcons but they will be beat on tuesday unless we can get our stuff together. I don't think whitby will bring that about.

Here is a thought, probably for LC fans only...

could any of the other coaches coach the team we have now other than whitby? I don't think any other coach could get them to play like he does. Just a thought...

Some of you older guys have been around whitby a long time. You school kids dont even bother answering you don't know anything about it.

Other than that, I did enjoy watching Dresden play although I didnt think they would win.

I look for UC to take the season hands down but fall short of Boro. They will probably have been the better team in the long haul, but I dont think they will go the distance. Humbolt will have long season and may actually come out on top in the end.

I love my falcons but they will be beat on tuesday unless we can get our stuff together. I don't think whitby will bring that about.

Here is a thought, probably for LC fans only...

could any of the other coaches coach the team we have now other than whitby? I don't think any other coach could get them to play like he does. Just a thought...

Some of you older guys have been around whitby a long time. You school kids dont even bother answering you don't know anything about it.

Other than that, I did enjoy watching Dresden play although I didnt think they would win.

What u mean "fall short of the boro"? are u talkin about the same uc that played last night and scored 119, AKA school record. aka best team ever

talk about the city stuff, u'll get city stomped

I haven't seen Lake Co yet this season, but I know what they have...Based on how things have been going thus far, I'd have to say that UC and Humboldt will be matching up in the District and Region Championship games...Possibly even the state championship game...I'm not saying Lake Co. doesn't have a chance...They're a very good team and they're well coached...I'm just giving my opinion on how things appear to be right now...UC is playing very good ball right now, but here's my opinion with them...They have nowhere to go but down...I find it hard to believe that they can play much better than they already are...They're shooting the three ball well and playing great defense...They're not going to grow and they're not going to shoot too much of a better percentage...Humboldt, on the other hand, has all the upside in the world...They're guards are still maturing, the football players are still getting back into things, and Derek Sain gets better with every game...Humboldt's Odell Jackson scored a career high 22 points against Gibson Co. Monday night...I understand that it is Gibson Co., but if he can continue to improve at the rate that he has thus far in the season, then he may be the three point threat we need to go along with Cordero Wade...Wade just needs to have better shot selection, but the talent is there...Chauncey Hunt had 13 last night against Halls...That's another guard stepping up and contributing double digits in scoring...The knock on this team since the end of last year has been their guard play...If Jackson and Hunt continue to step their game up, and the big men continue playing as they have (Sain and Epperson had 19 and 20 respectively against Halls last night), then they will have very few weaknesses and very tough to beat...

Bigster, what's been Lake Co.'s problem so far...I mean, they're still winning games, but not exactly by impressive margins...They don't seem to have the firepower that they did last year....Is Tony Tyler's loss a big hit to this team?

Edited by red_16

ok i'm sorry lake county is goin to lay down to the tornadoes. I dont see it happen. I hope you dont get on the computer after the 12.

I'll be here after the 12th....But if UC's to lose...what are you gonna do...Make me eat some crow??...whoopity doo!!....And when Union City does win Tuesday, I beg you not to make any excuses....which I know you will...Be prepared win or lose...I'll be here, but the question should be, will you??

What u mean "fall short of the boro"? are u talkin about the same uc that played last night and scored 119, AKA school record. aka best team ever

talk about the city stuff, u'll get city stomped

I mean exactly what Red just said. I think UC will peak early and become stale. I wish them the best anyway... and I don't know what that last line even means.

I look for Humbolt to finish strong.

I'm not bigster but I think L.C.'s problems are twofold:

1) Lack of fundamental ball handling down low...read as missed layups and few rebounds.

2) Too much emphasis on Geanes 3...which whitby is notorious for stressing the "3".

Even if we hit 40 percent from outside, that still gives the opponent 6 out of ten shot attempts to score because of the low rebound percentage.

Just my thoughts.