Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how many points did yall score on Dresden???? More than 119????

We beat Dresden by 40 (not to mention we gave them 10 minute breaks in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to get their breath), and yall be Dresden by like 15....

wow you beat a team by 40 points. Yall still havent played us yet. If yall beat us tues then yall beat us. Comparisons

MJ and Sep- i take Mj

Springer and Jeremy- I take Springer

Channing and Cedric- I take Channing

Russel and Andre- Andre

Kevin and Pat- Pull

Lake County hasnt played as much ball together as union city has. But Lake County will be very muched improved once tournment time comes.

I enjoyed reading the posts until I got to the part about How Whitby is a father figure, feeds, clothes and so on. Give me a break, sounds like you have been listening to the Whitby spin a little too much. With the group he has, especially the seniors, they have some solid parents at home. As far as the kids playing, I know of a couple who were on the verge of not playing or quitting, so I definitely don't think they see him as a father figure. I have probably said too much but honestly I am tired of the ole routine of the poor pitiful LC kids and how Whitby came over from OC and saved them LC has good hard working young men, some whose home lives are better than others but that is EVERY school.

This post has been edited by wardawg2038: Yesterday, 08:59 PM

Wardog & Bigwes,

After reading your post I have to say I was taken back so I went back and reread my post and it sounded a lot more pathetic than I intended it. It did seem to imply that I was refering to LC only, that was not my intention. He did the same things at OC too.

Also, in reading I made no comparison to other coaches, so I don't assume other coaches don't do these things, but to the contrary, it is important with the students we (collective W TN) have.

On these points I find myself being corrected.

Iwonder on ?'s 2&3 if that has something to do with his own sons ability(he played for OC in the mid 80's if I remember before the 3 and would shoot the lights out on a nightly basis, he later played for the Hogs) and grooming him to be a scoring threat.

Whitby didn't start Tony in the Greenfield game last year..but he was really the only true starter.....

Thanks for the reply mightymac I respect your opinion...GO LC whether we win in spite of or because of and at this point I am going with the former and not the latter.................

I'm seeing all this talk about U.C...I've seen them and they are impressive..But they are underestimating Lake Co..Springer isn't ready yet..Sep and Copeland will be better in a few weeks..The Lake Co team they'll be playing Tuesday isn't the team I think they'll be seeing later in the season..I believe they'll see a better defensive team then they think they will....As for everyone talking about Whitby and the way he subs..I remember a lot of games last year I was kind of wondering what he was doing..But..as the year and tournament time came,Whitby had his lineup and was playing great ball...I believe at the end of the year..Lake Co will be the team along with U.C. to be in the top spot...And..I'd rather see the team we have now than to see the slow down set plays we had before he arrived!Even if we do lose!

I'm seeing all this talk about U.C...I've seen them and they are impressive..But they are underestimating Lake Co..Springer isn't ready yet..Sep and Copeland will be better in a few weeks..The Lake Co team they'll be playing Tuesday isn't the team I think they'll be seeing later in the season..I believe they'll see a better defensive team then they think they will....As for everyone talking about Whitby and the way he subs..I remember a lot of games last year I was kind of wondering what he was doing..But..as the year and tournament time came,Whitby had his lineup and was playing great ball...I believe at the end of the year..Lake Co will be the team along with U.C. to be in the top spot...And..I'd rather see the team we have now than to see the slow down set plays we had before he arrived!Even if we do lose!

I see comments like these from Lake County and Humboldt fans stating that their main players are not "ready" yet. They state that we have not or will not see the "true" team that we will see in late February and early March. Well, hello! Don't you think then that you may have not seen the best of Union City yet? Man, isn't that a scary thought for the remainder of the year?! I do not disagree with the fact that Humboldt and Lake County are outstanding teams. It is unfortunate that we will witness the same predicament as last year where three of the top eight teams in the state are in the same district. However, that proverbial dog continues to be kicked around about our team is not ready yet.

Mightmac, Thank you for clarifying your point. I understand now you meant no harm. I guess I get protective of the kids here in LC because alot of times I feel people on the outside look down on them. They are some great young men not only in athletic ability but character, etc., that are playing sports for LC right now. Lake County has teams they can be proud of on and off the playing fields. My main point is this thread did not need to drift off topic. Round 1 between the defending District Champ (LC) and the defending state Champ (UC) is tuesday night. Ought to be a good one. This will just be the first of hopefully multiple meetings between these clubs.

I see comments like these from Lake County and Humboldt fans stating that their main players are not "ready" yet. They state that we have not or will not see the "true" team that we will see in late February and early March. Well, hello! Don't you think then that you may have not seen the best of Union City yet? Man, isn't that a scary thought for the remainder of the year?! I do not disagree with the fact that Humboldt and Lake County are outstanding teams. It is unfortunate that we will witness the same predicament as last year where three of the top eight teams in the state are in the same district. However, that proverbial dog continues to be kicked around about our team is not ready yet.

bhvols..With Humboldt and us..we're not saying U.C. will not get better,,,What we're saying is U.C. is farther along than both Humboldt and Lake Co because both Humboldt and Lake Co hasn't had the football players out on the floor enough to be basketball ready..Springer has only played in 2 games..You just can't come in right away and be at the top of your game..In U.C's case,they had basketball players that have been playing all along..Not having to wait on football players..So..noone not's saying they haven't seen the best of U.C...Just that yall have had the team that yall are putting on the floor all during the scrimmages before the season and now..Lake Co and Humboldt couldn't do that..It's just that U.C. is further along..at this point!

Wardog, I totally understand that man. If it helps any, I have lived in the LC area for 20 years and work for the school system. these students are my life, man. You are right on about our kids!

Also, I have met some really classy athletes this year from all over. I really hope that is becomming the norm.

I am excited to see UC play on Tuesday either way the game goes.

Edited by Themightymac

bhvols..With Humboldt and us..we're not saying U.C. will not get better,,,What we're saying is U.C. is farther along than both Humboldt and Lake Co because both Humboldt and Lake Co hasn't had the football players out on the floor enough to be basketball ready..Springer has only played in 2 games..You just can't come in right away and be at the top of your game..In U.C's case,they had basketball players that have been playing all along..Not having to wait on football players..So..noone not's saying they haven't seen the best of U.C...Just that yall have had the team that yall are putting on the floor all during the scrimmages before the season and now..Lake Co and Humboldt couldn't do that..It's just that U.C. is further along..at this point!

Union City went to the state in football last year and their players only had 2 games under their belt before the Lake Co game and still beat them by 23 pts.So stop making excuses.U will lose by 25 tues and when the football players get the football out of them,u will lose by 25.I dont think that the football has effected the Crockett Co team.Their still winning without making any excuses unlike Lake Co and Humboldt.Just face it,since we lost 4 senoirs and with 1 being Mr.Weddle,u thought UC was going to be down,but i told u,we dont rebuild we reload and Tuesday nite,U will see how much ammo we have.

Tell me something backinthaoc, did Central run up the score on the kids from Gosnell? That was uncalled for. We are talking about kids here.

No,they didn't run up the score....They started subbing in the first quarter and the last girl on the bench was playing in the second quarter.....I guess in your politically correct world,Central should have put on the four corner stall about 10 mins after tip-off....It's not Eddie Suitor's duty to get the Gosnell girls ready to play and it's not his job to tell his girls on the bench that never get to play not to score....

Bigster...It is however,Suitor's job to get his players ready and Roney had not been playing much because of bronchitis..He was getting her a little bit of conditioning in I would imagine....