Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Union City went to the state in football last year and their players only had 2 games under their belt before the Lake Co game and still beat them by 23 pts.So stop making excuses.U will lose by 25 tues and when the football players get the football out of them,u will lose by 25.I dont think that the football has effected the Crockett Co team.Their still winning without making any excuses unlike Lake Co and Humboldt.Just face it,since we lost 4 senoirs and with 1 being Mr.Weddle,u thought UC was going to be down,but i told u,we dont rebuild we reload and Tuesday nite,U will see how much ammo we have.

I'm with you..I've heard about all I can stand about this not ready to play ball because of football season stuff(Built in excuse)Even Humboldt wasn't mentioning anything about football before the game..Only after when they lost by 13 was there anybody even mentioning football....Anyway those boys from Lake County are better basketball players than football players....They are ready to play...If they are not ready to play the defending state champions in Union City,somebody needs to check their hearts out,especially since Union City ended their season last year....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you..I've heard about all I can stand about this not ready to play ball because of football season stuff(Built in excuse)Even Humboldt wasn't mentioning anything about football before the game..Only after when they lost by 13 was there anybody even mentioning football....Anyway those boys from Lake County are better basketball players than football players....They are ready to play...If they are not ready to play the defending state champions in Union City,somebody needs to check their hearts out,especially since Union City ended their season last year....

I mentioned football a while back...Since the Milan-Humboldt thread...I said long before UC came along that Humboldt wouldn't hit their groove until around Christmas...Probably the most important thing is that Humboldt hadn't seen any competition before that UC game...UC had played an array of quality teams and I think they were better prepared for it...I think it was a reality check for Humboldt to go into the Thunderdome and get beat like they did...That's alright though...I look for them to go on a run now...They have a big game coming up sometime in the next 2 weeks with Crockett Co...I think backinthaoC can agree with me on this...This Humboldt team has a LOT of potential...If they can get it together, they will be right up there with UC...UC is a great team, but they're definitely not unbeatable

But reading between the lines there is always this "Yeah But"with Lake County and Humboldt fans regarding the Tornadoes...Humboldt won't be ready till around Christmas,of course after the game with UC...Lake County will be better in a couple weeks,of course after the game with the Tornadoes....It gets a little old....What was it last year when Union City beat the brakes off Lake County in Tiptonville??..Oh we didn't shoot the ball that well...Well no they didn't...Why??..Oh because we just didn't...Could it be because UC played tough defense??..When LC beat UC in UC with 4 starters out suspended..It was oh..Union City always makes excuses..LOL...You can't win...Union City wins the state championship..Yeah but you didn't beat Humboldt...Well,no because Humboldt couldn't make the finals...

Yes,Humboldt has alot of potential,but as my old high school football coach said,"Potential means you haven't done anything yet."

I know some folks give Union City credit,but alot don't and some (Lake Co. Fans)still can't stand the fact that UC & Humboldt are in 1A...again..Yeah But...

Halftime-

Union City-39

Bradford-32

Union City Scorers-

Coby-4pts

MJ Brown-15pts

J.Simpson-2pts

Allen-18pts

Bradford Scorers-

Tate-9pts

Holloman-8pts

Steel-6pts

Dyer-2pts

Reynolds-1pt

Former Bethel College coach Larry Eddings has done a very good job of putting in a game plan that has taken Union City out of sync...Cedric Allen is playing a very good game and is on his way to a career night scoring wise....

End Third Qtr....

Union City-60

Bradford-44

Union City Scoring...

Coby-6pts

MJ Brown-17pts

J.Simpson-4pts

C.Allen-25pts

Polk-2pts

BJ Marshall-6pts

Bradford Scoring-

Clay Hampton-12pts

Tate-11pts

Holloman-12pts

Steel-6pts

BJ Marshall came in and gave the Tornadoes a lift with 2 three pointers in the third quarter opening up a 50-44 game to 60-44 on a 10-0 run...

Looks like Union City is human after all. Not having as good of night as expected. Lake County looked much better in dismantling Halls tonight. Whitby emptied the bench and Sep was an animal on D tonight. Should be a good matchup Tuesday at UC. Final note backinthaoc, I would have to respectfully disagree that LC's dual sport players are better at Basketball than Football. In February I expect more to sign on the dotted line to throw the pigskin around than will sign to shoot the round ball! :angry: Anyways I am excited to be going to the UC to see what should be a heck of a game Tuesday night.

Final Score.....

Union City-90

Bradford-58

Union City Scoring...

A.Coby-6pts

MJ Brown-23pts

J.Simpson-10pts

C.Allen-25pts* Career High

P.Polk-2pts

R.Simpson-3pts

C.Callicott-2pts

BJ Marshall-11pts

Nik Brooks-8pts

J.Simpson fouled out..Averages 19 ppg..Scored 10

Tony Wilkins fouled out..Averages 15 ppg..Scored 0

Union City hit on 15 three point shots...Union City Avgs 93 ppg...

Bradford Scoring....

Clay Hampton-12pts

Tate-13pts

Holloman-15pts

Bradford played a heckuva game for 2 1/2 quarters but could not keep up with the constant pressure UC put on them....

All the prelims are over...Lake County at Union City...Tuesday night in The Thunderdome!!!!!

Looks like Union City is human after all. Not having as good of night as expected. Lake County looked much better in dismantling Halls tonight. Whitby emptied the bench and Sep was an animal on D tonight. Should be a good matchup Tuesday at UC. Final note backinthaoc, I would have to respectfully disagree that LC's dual sport players are better at Basketball than Football. In February I expect more to sign on the dotted line to throw the pigskin around than will sign to shoot the round ball! :angry: Anyways I am excited to be going to the UC to see what should be a heck of a game Tuesday night.

Well,if you call a 32 point win on the road against a fired-up group of kids coached by a former college coach, not having a good night..OK....

You know as well as me in comparison,it's easier to get a football scholarship than a basketball scholarship,simply because of the numbers football teams can hand out compared to basketball..The kids at Lake County that play basketball getting football scholarships does not make them better football players....It's a matter of them taking advantage of the opportunity they are given..Not making light of getting a scholarship because I'm not naive enough to think getting either a scholarship in football or basketball is easy....And maybe you help them out more in that area than their basketball coach does...

OC, I may be a little bit biased but my opinion is Springer, Copelin and Valentine are all better football players than basketball players, more natural. Anyway it looks like the tornadoes kicked it into high gear in the second half to pull away. I know you knew I was picking at ya when I said they are human. Gotta get you riled up every now and then :angry: Should definitely be interesting Tuesday.

OC, I may be a little bit biased but my opinion is Springer, Copelin and Valentine are all better football players than basketball players, more natural. Anyway it looks like the tornadoes kicked it into high gear in the second half to pull away. I know you knew I was picking at ya when I said they are human. Gotta get you riled up every now and then :angry: Should definitely be interesting Tuesday.

Are you at liberty to say what colleges are looking at that trio??

And what has happened to Halls???...Score???