Region 6

Patriot5

im pretty sure its individual

The tournament is being managed by Mat Control. According to that site it is an invidual tournament with two pools of five for each weight class with placers advancing to wrestle medal rounds. According to what is on the Mat Control site, ten teams are participating:

Independence

Ravenwood

Page

Beech

Blackman

Brentwood Academy

Franklin Road Academy

Munford

Lafayette (KY)

Lebanon (OH)

This looks like some different teams from earlier posts-----Munford and Lebanon (OH) instead of Rossview and Brighton. Anybody know anything about the two out-of-state teams?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tournament is being managed by Mat Control. According to that site it is an invidual tournament with two pools of five for each weight class with placers advancing to wrestle medal rounds. According to what is on the Mat Control site, ten teams are participating:

Independence

Ravenwood

Page

Beech

Blackman

Brentwood Academy

Franklin Road Academy

Munford

Lafayette (KY)

Lebanon (OH)

This looks like some different teams from earlier posts-----Munford and Lebanon (OH) instead of Rossview and Brighton. Anybody know anything about the two out-of-state teams?

lebonon is not going to be there, neither is munford. its the ten teams that coach gabe said were going to be there up above, i think he would know since he is one of our coaches, ha. it is going to be individual, with the two pools of five and the two top wrestlers go to the finals, next down go to the conoslation finals, and so on all the way through tenth place. i belive there will be medals awrded to 1st-3rd place, as well as bect match and most outstanding wrestler. and as for the one out of state team they are acording to their coach going to be in the top 20 teams in kuntucy.

lebonon is not going to be there, neither is munford. its the ten teams that coach gabe said were going to be there up above, i think he would know since he is one of our coaches, ha. it is going to be individual, with the two pools of five and the two top wrestlers go to the finals, next down go to the conoslation finals, and so on all the way through tenth place. i belive there will be medals awrded to 1st-3rd place, as well as bect match and most outstanding wrestler. and as for the one out of state team they are acording to their coach going to be in the top 20 teams in kuntucy.

The information on mat control was given by Coach Berry, most likely it has been updated since the time that he sent me the information. The tournament will be set as stated with 2 pools of 5 wrestlers. Each wrestler will receive 5 matches, 4 inside their pool and 1 outside paired against the wrestler from the opposite pool with the same place finish in their original pool. EX 1st Pool A vs 1st Pool B - The Winner is the Champion, the loser is 2nd. Placement points will be awarded to each wrestler based on the match they compete in and the way the match was won.

Edited by fiscon

I would say this has become one of the top regions in the state. We all know where they top region is with bears and trojans!

I have to agree with Rigger hear. Region 6 is really tough. It's sad we can't take 4 guy's from every weight class to state. Some good wrestlers will be staying home.

Two Things:

1) A little smack talk like this thread makes for good friendly rivalry.

2) Let's see how the points stack up at state by REGION.

Who wants to keep the score per region and post it?

Just for the record IHSEAGLE BuckLateral is not coach gabe. CoachGabe is coach Gabe

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Gabe from IHS I'm Colt's dad. I'll have to ask Ralph on Tue. who's the youngest . Great job with the tournament I checked out mat control . Placing ahead of Ravenwood was great .See all of you's guys later.

Yea that was great, i hope they're lucky enough to win maybe a match or two against them in the dual next tuesday. that might be respectable don't you think