Who will be the team to beat in 5a

Your the type of person who needs to never make a post again LOL TRUST ME MORAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.I KNOW. Lincoln Co. should be pretty good next year they have good players coming back like MORAN! at FB/LB and Shelton at QB and a few others that will step up Lincoln Co. will be better than people think.....

In reference to LC, I did say they would probably win their region...but they haven't been dominant since Edmiston, Horrocks, Divens, etc...year. Moran is very good. Shelton has not lived up to the hype yet. I can't tell you anyone else on their team. Give me the scoop on the future stars.

As for Moran leaving, just telling you what the word on the street is. Don Thomas does have some appeal. He was an outstanding LB at Lincoln County and Moran is a LB. Who wouldn't want their position coach to be someone that was all-everything at that position? Lewisburg is not that far from Fayetteville. Lincoln County has only been around .500 the last few years. MC have an indoor facility. I am sure Thomas plans on putting in a lot of time to get that program livng up to its potential. There is always excitment with a new hire. Starting to sound more plausible now isn't it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect Lincoln County to be THAT good. They will probably still win the region, but they lost a lot of their better talent to graduation.

Add to that their best player, Moran (LB/FB) , is rumored to be going to Marshall County to play for Don Thomas.

I believe Lincoln County's best days are way behind them. The program is a mere shadow of its once famed glory. There is very little mojo left in the PIT. It is a shame that Coach Thompson will not be able to go out at the top of his carear. He is truly a great man and coach. But the facts are nothing has changed in a program that was once on top in the 80s and early 90s, ranked in the county multiple times. They won 3 state titles in the first 14 years of the schools history. But what was good enough then is no longer good enough. LC traveled to Pratteville in 1990 and beat the #1 team in Alabama. At the time the two programs were very comparable. Pratteville just beat Hoover for the title. Lincoln County has had one good year in the past decade. However, Pratteville has made unreal facility upgrades. The LC community expects a 1st class program on a 3rd class budget. Lincoln County has been lucky to keep Coach Thompson all this time. The system has the worst pay in the area. And when they lose one game no one comes back. It is like the people of Lincoln County just don't care anymore.

The Pre-Season Top Ten For 5A:

1. Ooltewah

2. Smyrna

3. Riverdale

4. Franklin

5. White Station

6. Cookeville

7. Dobbyns-Bennett

8. Antioch

9. Brentwood

10. Independence

Notice that Ravenwood, Oak Ridge, and Gallatin are all missing. If Rector stays at RHS, the Raptors climb back into the Top 10, no question, behind Becker. What is the heck happened to Oak Ridge? They were in Murfreesboro last year and didn't even sniff the playoffs in 2006. Gallatin lost too much, and I see Antioch FINALLY winning Region 5-5A (which showed up big time in the playoffs), if Mike Woodward stays on Hobson Pike, but if Rector leaves for BA, Woody may very well be the guy at Ravenwood.

I don't think Franklin will be up there either. They do have a good returning team, but they're also losing some key players that contributed alot of the success of the team the past two years. They'll still be good, but they wont be state-class material.

U don't know much about Franklin Football since Coach Clayton has come down from Kentucky he has said this will be Franklin's best team and we lost some good players but have a lot of good young players stepping up o yea watch out for Keylo Lee next year! :lol:

Edited by Tank_76

U don't know much about Franklin Football since Coach Clayton has come down from Kentucky he has said this will be Franklin's best team and we lost some good players but have a lot of good young players stepping up o yea watch out for Keylo Lee next year! :lol:

Franklin has people stepping up next year, as always. I will be tough team to beat.

I believe Lincoln County's best days are way behind them. The program is a mere shadow of its once famed glory. There is very little mojo left in the PIT. It is a shame that Coach Thompson will not be able to go out at the top of his carear. He is truly a great man and coach. But the facts are nothing has changed in a program that was once on top in the 80s and early 90s, ranked in the county multiple times. They won 3 state titles in the first 14 years of the schools history. But what was good enough then is no longer good enough. LC traveled to Pratteville in 1990 and beat the #1 team in Alabama. At the time the two programs were very comparable. Pratteville just beat Hoover for the title. Lincoln County has had one good year in the past decade. However, Pratteville has made unreal facility upgrades. The LC community expects a 1st class program on a 3rd class budget. Lincoln County has been lucky to keep Coach Thompson all this time. The system has the worst pay in the area. And when they lose one game no one comes back. It is like the people of Lincoln County just don't care anymore.

You are so right i couldnt agree more but when the kids come off the field saying that the other team was calling there plays at the line of scrimmage the whole game maybe it is time for coach thompson to give it up he is a great coach and a great man but when the other team knows what you are going to run the whole game i would say it would be very hard to win...and its not like LC didnt have enough talent this year to make it to the state i mean they beat smyrna pretty bad in their spring scrimmage and i know it was in the spring but it has to count for something.....

The Pre-Season Top Ten For 5A:

1. Ooltewah

2. Smyrna

3. Riverdale

4. Franklin

5. White Station

6. Cookeville

7. Dobbyns-Bennett

8. Antioch

9. Brentwood

10. Independence

Notice that Ravenwood, Oak Ridge, and Gallatin are all missing. If Rector stays at RHS, the Raptors climb back into the Top 10, no question, behind Becker. What is the heck happened to Oak Ridge? They were in Murfreesboro last year and didn't even sniff the playoffs in 2006. Gallatin lost too much, and I see Antioch FINALLY winning Region 5-5A (which showed up big time in the playoffs), if Mike Woodward stays on Hobson Pike, but if Rector leaves for BA, Woody may very well be the guy at Ravenwood.

Is 5A in Tennessee so lame that all preseason top 10 polls must include the likes of DB?

Why not Jeff County or Sevier County instead. They accomplished more in the past 30+ years than DB. (ie, state champions.) They are showing improvement where DB is still on the skids. And the DB in-the-knows say 2007's team won't be as good as this years team.

You are so right i couldnt agree more but when the kids come off the field saying that the other team was calling there plays at the line of scrimmage the whole game maybe it is time for coach thompson to give it up he is a great coach and a great man but when the other team knows what you are going to run the whole game i would say it would be very hard to win...and its not like LC didnt have enough talent this year to make it to the state i mean they beat smyrna pretty bad in their spring scrimmage and i know it was in the spring but it has to count for something.....

It was the most talent LC has had in about 4 years. And it is probably the best talent they will have for the next 4. Hence coach is going to be down the next couple of years. A weak region will make them look better than what they really are. Before Riverdale, Symrna, and Ravenwood there was LC, Oakland, and Gallatin. Sometimes you just don't know what you've got till it's gone. An 80s hair band reference.