Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

Thank you for the info Bacillum. I was told it was Spivey who made it up, and that cracked me up to think of him doing it. :thumb:

Yes, it is part of a chant that OHS did for bball. I put it on my sig b/c it is really catchy and I wanted all the words to it. Hahahha....you see where they didn't like my comments on Cutter.....hahahahahahahah!!!

Bacillum, please be sure to post info from the banquet and keep us posted on the facility's progress.

It is very interesting that Oakland plays Riverdale in the first game...anyone know why the change was made

wingman, it was initially supposed to be played in week 7, but since our superintendent doesn't want any games during fall break, whoever has that game goes to week 0. That was why we played Blackman week 0 the last 2 yrs. It was the week 7 game.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting this year as to who will win Region. While Smyrna won state, Region is still firmly at R'dale. :lol:

Yes I would have preferred that R'dale had won state, but I am glad they are still consistant. That can be built on while the other could wind up a one hit wonder. You know sort of like ALL the Smyrna fans that SUDDENLY showed up after they beat R'dale for ONCE.

Has anybody even heard from them after Smyrna won state? :lol:

;)

Time for the Dead-o-Winter 2007 4-5A Forecast.

Look for Region 4-5A to be even more competitive than last year with more than a few twists and surprises. Here's how they stack up headed into spring:

1. Riverdale 109 Points

2. Smyrna 107 Points

3. Blackman 101 Points

4. Lavergne 98 Points

5. Lebanon 95 Points

6. Siegel 94 Points

7. Oakland 73 Points

8. Wilson Central 71 Points

Look for Riverdale and Smyrna to battle for the top spot and for Blackman/Lavergne/Lebanon/Siegel to have an absolute war for the last two spots. Expect the Week zero game between Blackman and Lavergne to have a major impact on the race.

The Dead-o-Winter forecast rewards teams that have large returning rosters and lots of returning seniors. Oakland and WC have neither and will need to rely heavily on their junior classes if they want to make a run.

The Dead-o-Winter forecast is based on the 2006 rosters and is calculated as follows:

# Returning Players -- one point per player with a max points 44

#Returning Seniors -- one point per player with a max points 26

# Players receiving post season recognition -- This is all-region, all-state, all-area, or being listed as a statistical leader in the final regular season DNJ stats. One point for each player.

# Players receiving preseason recognition --- did not receive post-season recognition but still on roster and recognized in the Murphy Fair magazine. One-half point per player.

Weight > 250 -- one-half point per player

Weight > 190 -- one-third point per player

Speed -- My assessment of returning team speed (range was 5-7 points)

Intangibles -- my assessment of coaching situation, tradition, enthusiasm around the program, etc... (range was 5-8 points)

2006 Playoff -- One point for each round that a team reached in the playoffs. For instance, Smyrna received 5 points and Lavergne received two.

All of the usual disclaimers apply and I reserve the right to change my predictions at any time. :thumb:

Time for the Dead-o-Winter 2007 4-5A Forecast.

Look for Region 4-5A to be even more competitive than last year with more than a few twists and surprises. Here's how they stack up headed into spring:

1. Riverdale 109 Points

2. Smyrna 107 Points

3. Blackman 101 Points

4. Lavergne 98 Points

5. Lebanon 95 Points

6. Siegel 94 Points

7. Oakland 73 Points

8. Wilson Central 71 Points

Look for Riverdale and Smyrna to battle for the top spot and for Blackman/Lavergne/Lebanon/Siegel to have an absolute war for the last two spots. Expect the Week zero game between Blackman and Lavergne to have a major impact on the race.

The Dead-o-Winter forecast rewards teams that have large returning rosters and lots of returning seniors. Oakland and WC have neither and will need to rely heavily on their junior classes if they want to make a run.

The Dead-o-Winter forecast is based on the 2006 rosters and is calculated as follows:

# Returning Players -- one point per player with a max points 44

#Returning Seniors -- one point per player with a max points 26

# Players receiving post season recognition -- This is all-region, all-state, all-area, or being listed as a statistical leader in the final regular season DNJ stats. One point for each player.

# Players receiving preseason recognition --- did not receive post-season recognition but still on roster and recognized in the Murphy Fair magazine. One-half point per player.

Weight > 250 -- one-half point per player

Weight > 190 -- one-third point per player

Speed -- My assessment of returning team speed (range was 5-7 points)

Intangibles -- my assessment of coaching situation, tradition, enthusiasm around the program, etc... (range was 5-8 points)

2006 Playoff -- One point for each round that a team reached in the playoffs. For instance, Smyrna received 5 points and Lavergne received two.

All of the usual disclaimers apply and I reserve the right to change my predictions at any time. :thumb:

Wow you must've put ALOT of time into this. Good job.

Wow you must've put ALOT of time into this. Good job.

I agree...

However, I don't see how Blackman is ahead of LaVergne in points. I promise you, I really don't care lol, but I just want to know what Blackman has coming back for 2007 that is higher-ranked than LaVergne.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they have 2 returning all-region players. LaVergne has 3.

Blackman has 0 returning all-state players. LaVergne has 2.

Blackman has no 1st team all-area returning players. LaVergne has 2.

Blackman has 0 retuning WR's in the top 10. LaVergne has 2. Not including maybe 11th or 12th place Darnell Horton.

A lot of other reasons, like playoff appearances, but maybe you just counted returning players, not starters.

LaVergne has 10 returning full-time starters. and 6 two, going on 3-year starters returning.

LaVergne is returning the 3rd ranked RB in the region. Behing two graduates so he will come into the season as the number 1 RB.

LaVergne is returning the region's best CB. Maybe in the state.

LaVergne is returning the region's number 2 WR. Maybe top 5-10 in state.

Edited by HSsportsfootball