Riverdale @ Warren Co

hoop20

Will Riverdale score 100 points tonight? Will Lanning get her career high in points?

The Lady Pioneers are imploding right now, thay had another leave the team, Rutledge, a senior. For a coach that was known as a scorer in high school and college, these elementary scores their putting up is ridiculous. Oh wait! Everyone keps reminding us how GREAT a elementary coach she was. You take the five best players in the county they will make you look good. This team is getting outcoached , PERIOD! If Burt doesn't score a 100 points I will be disappointed in him and Riverdale. Remember coach E, what comes around goes around. Too bad it has to come at the expense of these great girls from Warren. I want them to do good, but it will never happen as along as the current coach is here. Sometimes good coaches sit back and ask themself "is it really the girls or is it me?", too bad we all know the answer to that one. :

I'm a backward kinda person. I want her to lose, but I care for the girls. I want everyone here to wake up and see her for what she is ..... a bad coach. Ask the girls if they are enjoying basketball and are learning anything. Are they getting better? Does the freshman coach know any plays or do the girls tell him? This program is in a downward spiral and is going back to square one where she left it 15 years ago after she took over for Coach Haile. It was a shambles then when she left and it is a shambles now.

I do not wish the girls to give up 100 points. Although, I feel it is possible.

I do have one question, and this is not bashing. I like to call it constructive criticism. Why does our coach sits down when she subs the bench players in at the end of a game, I feel they need guidance just the same as the starters?

Great point. The visibly giving up is not the impression a coach should portray. If you don't want your kids to quit, don't quit coaching.

With that said, I don't think the talent on the team presently measures up to other schools. I do wonder if WC can ever field a team as deep and talented as other schools. With this situation, if we are to win, our coaches must outcoach the other team night in and night out. That is a tough job, when you look at it.

Edited by eagle79

Will Riverdale score 100 points tonight? Will Lanning get her career high in points?

The Lady Pioneers are imploding right now, thay had another leave the team, Rutledge, a senior. For a coach that was known as a scorer in high school and college, these elementary scores their putting up is ridiculous. Oh wait! Everyone keps reminding us how GREAT a elementary coach she was. You take the five best players in the county they will make you look good. This team is getting outcoached , PERIOD! If Burt doesn't score a 100 points I will be disappointed in him and Riverdale. Remember coach E, what comes around goes around. Too bad it has to come at the expense of these great girls from Warren. I want them to do good, but it will never happen as along as the current coach is here. Sometimes good coaches sit back and ask themself "is it really the girls or is it me?", too bad we all know the answer to that one. :

The way I see it, if a coach chooses to run up the score then that is just stupid. Embarrassing a team by scoring twice or three times as many points as them proves nothing and it puts your starters at risk. The SMART and RIGHT thing to do would be for Burt to put in his bench players that need more experience and floor time in order to prepare for next season.

With the players that have quit or been run off, the Pioneers have had plenty of talent to compete with the other schools. How has she improved this program? She hasn`t! She has put these players in a situation to lose and get beat badly. She has quit coaching on the sidelines more than once. I guess the principle and A.D. just cant see the glaring problem.

The way I see it, if a coach chooses to run up the score then that is just stupid. Embarrassing a team by scoring twice or three times as many points as them proves nothing and it puts your starters at risk. The SMART and RIGHT thing to do would be for Burt to put in his bench players that need more experience and floor time in order to prepare for next season.

I don't totally agree with you on this. What if you only have 8 players when two starters are out and 8 of those players are playing at the same level as those two starters. The other team chooses to stay in man and you are playing a zone. This happened last night. The final score was 102 to 23 and we only scored 16 in the fourth quarter.