SEQUOYAH FOOTBALL

red,white,& BLUE

Thank You

Coach Holloway

You worked very hard with this team.

But, I do not think you did not know what you where stepping into when you took the job.

E.TN. 3A football with out the right help your a 1 legged duck. The 2 vol. ######.

C.Dave and C.Jeff and the 2 best in the area Coach Dave with the (know what it takes) and Coach Jeff (with the want to) 2 good reps from each town, you could not find better.

You are a man for your word, and did what you could.

As for all the Vonore12's you said it all when you said "I only went to 2 Games"

and then talk about Supporting the team. Which side of your mouth are you speaking from.

Coach this is the last time I will use your name on the or any web site.

I will close with this.

Coach Thank you for the extra time and work you have put into this program you have done alot of pos.+ thinghs

Thank You

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I think there is plenty of talent at Sequoyah to compete. There has been several players repesent SQHS in college over the past few years. I think that says a lot about the school. However, it is the present and not the past we are talking about. I watched Sequoyah play two games this past season and they played uninspired football in each game. They quit after the first drive against Sweetwater and they couldn't get anything going against Tellico except for turnovers. There has to be some players (not coaches) step up and be leaders and I didn't see that in the 2 games I seen.

Also, the stands were packed at the Sweetwater (home) and Tellico (away) games. I stood along the fence at each game. The support IS there. As far as the support from Vonore goes, when I played at Vonore the stands were packed with people that weren't parents of players or cheerleaders. You are correct that there is not a lot of support from Vonore, but to make a long story short the rivalry between Madisonville and Vonore still exists with some people. It is a known fact that most people in Vonore would love to have a new high school of their own.

From what I am hearing the only names being mentioned out there are former Vonore coaches. You know that will surely cure the problem a Vonore coach. After all look at the only Vonore Coach that works at SQHS now. He has a heck of a baseball program and does a wonderful job as AD. That is just what SQHS needs another Vonore coach. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

From what I am hearing the only names being mentioned out there are former Vonore coaches. You know that will surely cure the problem a Vonore coach. After all look at the only Vonore Coach that works at SQHS now. He has a heck of a baseball program and does a wonderful job as AD. That is just what SQHS needs another Vonore coach. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

If you read me correctly I mentioned nothing about a Vonore coach going to Sequoyah. But I have heard some of those same rumors. I was just addressing the lack of support issue mentioned by someone earlier. As I said, there are still a lot of people in Vonore hoping to get their own high school. Most people believe that Sequoyah is simply a newer Madisonville high school. There are still people (from all parts of the county) that will refer to Sequoyah as Madisonville. So, you ask why there isn't a whole lot of Vonore support, well it's because most people think of Sequoyah as Madisonville and not Madisonville and Vonore.

Ok red white and blue please do me a favor and leave my name off of the vent. I have moved on in my life. You really need to think before you say things. Some things I would like to clear up though. (1) The booster club has done some really good things but I will say that they do not need to have any involvement in who the coach might be. (2) You are very right about me coming in and changing things the first year. The one obvious difference was that in the first year we had 4 paid assistants and 2 volunteers. This year only one paid assistant in the school. Yes it does make a difference. Yes I am blamed for them quitting, but if you want things to change then things have to change. (3) Some of the comments about my coaching methods are fine with me but the one about the use of profanity is bull. If you weren't out there everyday going through the practices you have no right to comment on what you think was or was not being taught. (4) The last obvious thing you don't know is about special teams. We used as many of the older kids as we could, but they do get tired and need breaks sometimes. By the way I sit a figured it out and there was at least 7 starters on either offense and defense at all times. Our punt return was the first defense except one person. The punt team we took out some of the slower lineman and put in some faster players to cover. Kickoff and Kickoff return were pretty much the offensive and defensive team that started. Once again you show that you really didn't know what you are talking about. Oh well I guess I just should leave the mouth running to you'll and laugh at the errors you make. All I ask is to please leave my name and god forbid any of the players names off this vent. Thank You

Jeff Holloway

Coach Holloway, I've had the pleasure of officiating several of your games over the past 2 yrs, including your last game of this season. You have a love of the game that other coaches should try to learn from. Your dedication to the game and the players' future on and off the field is very obvious. I have worked several positions on the field, both as umpire and as the wing on your sidelines, I have never heard you use any profanity towards any player or officials. You have always been very positive towards everyone, even the lowly officials. Good luck in your future whereever life may lead you. :unsure:

Any word on when they are going to post this job opening? Or have they already? If so, when are interviews taking place? Are there any names floating around?

The job should be posted within the next few days. My understanding is that there is a few already expressing intrest, but let's wait till it is posted to name any names.

It is posted on the Monroe County Site, that is where it must be posted for at least three days before a hire is made.

http://www.monroe.k12.tn.us/mcs/html/JOBS.HTM

I think guru5 was referring to the TSSAA message board. You are correct in that it must be posted for 3 days within the Monroe county system before it can be posted outside the system.