SEQUOYAH FOOTBALL

red,white,& BLUE

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks gonehome, it is my understanding he has been contacted, I passed the number I was given along, but I will confirm.

the response to the search has been excellent, proven quality men. on paper there are three or four that really jump out at you with proven track records, that appear to be good fits for us and them. I would love to give some names and you would immediatly agree but that would not be the thing to do at this time. Needless to say for me I feel Santa has already been to my house. I just couldnt be more pleased. :thumb:

I agree with you RedChief. The local paper threw out a name when Coach Holloway's resignation was announced, but I believe that was just because the name was already freely flowing throughout both communities. I don't think any names need to be involved, just the one of the one they hire. A lot of people think that their voice doesn't matter, that the ones involved in the hiring process are going to do whatever they want, but I know for a fact that they are taking the publics comment to heart and are determined to find the right man and are willing to stand behind him 100%.

I'm not going to burst your bubble but I'll bet some of those 'big names' are just using your school to get a pay raise out of the boosters at their own schools. Unless your boosters are willing to double or triple the money the county offers head coaches, you won't find too many big names taking a pay cut to come to Monroe County. Men are in this profession to earn a living and you know the saying "money talks and BS walks." I hope you guys do find a top notch coach with the experience to do it right but the odds are against you. My guess is the first one or two men who you offer the position to will turn it down then you will settle on some up and coming coach who is an assistant near by.

I'm not going to burst your bubble but I'll bet some of those 'big names' are just using your school to get a pay raise out of the boosters at their own schools. Unless your boosters are willing to double or triple the money the county offers head coaches, you won't find too many big names taking a pay cut to come to Monroe County. Men are in this profession to earn a living and you know the saying "money talks and BS walks." I hope you guys do find a top notch coach with the experience to do it right but the odds are against you. My guess is the first one or two men who you offer the position to will turn it down then you will settle on some up and coming coach who is an assistant near by.

Does anyone know who has or has not, actually interviewed for the job??

Does anyone know who has or has not, actually interviewed for the job??

yes and it is a rather impresive list. There are 3 or 4 that any school in Sequoyah's region if they were looking for a coach would be very very interested in these coaches. Good quality head coaches with proven track records. I believe the interview process should be completed next week. They have had over 30 applicants. Naming names at this point wouldn't be fair to all those involved.

Would not be a good idea to list names.Some coachs might not want that known.

Would like to know why post are getting deleted on this tread though.Someone has alot of power.

If you get a chance I would like to talk with you again sometime!

Mexico out! If you need my number just email me.