Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

I know it's early,but people might want to keep an eye on Union City..They lost a 8 point game to powerful Obion County in their first game and blew a sure win against Dresden for their two losses....But they rebounded with a win at Bradford last Friday nite and beat a pretty good Lake County team easily tonite to go 6-2 4-1..The final was 68-61,but they held a 21 point fourth quarter lead before sitting on the ball and subbing the entire fourth quarter....They have a true star in 5'8" SR. DeBrisha Robinson..She is scoring at a little over 20ppg..She is the most athletic player I have seen so far this year...They will be a tough draw by tournament time...The Lady Tornadoes play Gleason at home Friday nite in what should be a very interesting game....

It sure is odd that when U.C. beat Lake Co..your post came out..But since that game U.C. has lost to Gleason and Trenton...And Lake Co beat Trenton about 5 nights ago..So..if I'm correct..U.C. has lost to Dresden,Gleason and Trenton..haven't played Greenfield yet or I don't think they have..Lake Co lost to Union city and Gleason but have beaten Trenton,Greenfield and Dresden..Looks to me that with only 2 losses and with wins over two teams that U.C. has lost to and with a win over Greenfield and only losing to Gleason in a game I believe Lake Co led for 3 quarters ,only to lose by 6..that they may have to be looked at in the #14 spot that U.C. was getting close to..At the moment..who is in 2nd place?..But anyway..I look forward to your next post..oh..but only if they win!

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is odd that when U.C. beat Lake Co..your post came out..But since that game U.C. has lost to Gleason and Trenton...And Lake Co beat Trenton about 5 nights ago..So..if I'm correct..U.C. has lost to Dresden,Gleason and Trenton..haven't played Greenfield yet or I don't think they have..Lake Co lost to Union city and Gleason but have beaten Trenton,Greenfield and Dresden..Looks to me that with only 2 losses and with wins over two teams that U.C. has lost to and with a win over Greenfield and only losing to Gleason in a game I believe Lake Co led for 3 quarters ,only to lose by 6..that they may have to be looked at in the #14 spot that U.C. was getting close to..At the moment..who is in 2nd place?..But anyway..I look forward to your next post..oh..but only if they win!

They still blew out Lake County..I guess I was just euphoric over the UC sweep against Lake County...Anyway,at the time,they were a team to be mentioned...As you obviously know,I don't post much about girls basketball..And by the way,they are young and if they can learn to finish games they will be a team to be reckoned with at tourney time...They have lost to Obion Central by 8,blew a big lead in the fourth quarter of the Dresden game,blew a 12 point lead late in the third against Trenton and fought tooth and nail with Gleason,leading by two and on the line for a one and one with less than two minutes remaining....I saw where one person had LC ranked in their top 10..A bit overated wouldn't you think??

#1 Collinwood

#2 Summertown

#3 Clarkrange

#4 Red Boiling Springs

#5 Gleason

#6 Richland

#7 Wayne Co

#8 Jackson Co

#9 Lake Co

#10 Forrest

I Summertown and Collinwood are about even and are the best 2 in their respective districts...Clarkrange is above RBS because they are undefeated, played tougher competition, and will probably get the first Win of the 2 games these 2 play during the season...The rest are about the same, and can and have played with each of those of the top 4...Wayne Co and Collinwood, Jackson and Crange was a better game that the score indicated and also the game with RBS was a dog fight...The state will be a dog fight this year...

They still blew out Lake County..I guess I was just euphoric over the UC sweep against Lake County...Anyway,at the time,they were a team to be mentioned...As you obviously know,I don't post much about girls basketball..And by the way,they are young and if they can learn to finish games they will be a team to be reckoned with at tourney time...They have lost to Obion Central by 8,blew a big lead in the fourth quarter of the Dresden game,blew a 12 point lead late in the third against Trenton and fought tooth and nail with Gleason,leading by two and on the line for a one and one with less than two minutes remaining....I saw where one person had LC ranked in their top 10..A bit overated wouldn't you think??

I don't believe U.C. or Lake Co is a top ten team...But as far as being young..Lake Co starts two juniors and two sophomores..Lake Co should be pretty good the next couple years!

Oliver Springs being omitted out of anyone's top 10 is a huge mistake because of their 4 losses. OS losses were to undefeated Upperman ( most likely AA's top team), @ AAA power Cookeville, @ new AA power one loss Stone Memorial, and a very good 3 loss Loudon team.

OS has beaten some outstanding teams as well like AAA power Knoxville Powell, AAA Campbell County, A Regional runner ups Greenback, and A powe Oneida.

Hardly any other A school ( aside from Clarkrange and Jackson County) has a comparable schedule.

That is why come tourney time I wouldnt be so quick to place an emphasis # of wins without assesing a team's strength of schedule into who is top 10 or a contender for the championship.

Just some food for thought.

Edited by OS91

Oliver Springs being omitted out of anyone's top 10 is a huge mistake because of their 4 losses. OS losses were to undefeated Upperman ( most likely AA's top team), @ AAA power Cookeville, @ new AA power one loss Stone Memorial, and a very good 3 loss Loudon team.

OS has beaten some outstanding teams as well like AAA power Knoxville Powell, AAA Campbell County, A Regional runner ups Greenback, and A powe Oneida.

Hardly any other A school ( aside from Clarkrange and Jackson County) has a comparable schedule.

That is why come tourney time I wouldnt be so quick to place an emphasis # of wins without assesing a team's strength of schedule into who is top 10 or a contender for the championship.

Just some food for thought.

This is the same crap coming out of Oliver Springs every year.