Walsh Ironman Tournament

cbg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that Chattanooga Red Bank finished dead last in the tournament with one point. I understand that it is a tough tournament but what happened? Did they just not wrestle well?

"they" was one guy............... Tolbert went 1-2

Lost to Zac Thomusseit of Graham, Ohio 9-2

Beat Matt Coleman of Perry, Ohio 5-3

Lost to Mike Mahon of Archbishop Moeller, Ohio 11-4

Edited by ru4mocs

Just so some of you understand how tough the ironman is go to intermat.com and read the report. Therre were a reported 70 college scouts and coachs present. I saw kids who were ranked in the top 10 in the country lose. Daniel did a good job against some stiff competition. Anyone who follows Tennessee wrestling should be proud of Daniel. I hope to see more coachs and Tennessee wrestlers compete in this tournament in the coming years. This is one way to build wrestling in Tennessee.

Just so some of you understand how tough the ironman is go to intermat.com and read the report. Therre were a reported 70 college scouts and coachs present. I saw kids who were ranked in the top 10 in the country lose. Daniel did a good job against some stiff competition. Anyone who follows Tennessee wrestling should be proud of Daniel. I hope to see more coachs and Tennessee wrestlers compete in this tournament in the coming years. This is one way to build wrestling in Tennessee.

Please explain to me how sending Tolbert to a tournament in Ohio helps Tennessee wrestling.

soms - I not going to debate you on this...I have an unfair advantage with a complete and fully functioning brain. But, I will answer your question. The difference is...We took the entire team to Georgia. They ALL had an opportunity for mat time against good competition to try and get better. We didn't just send 1 kid down there just to see how he would do.

I'm not questioning Red Bank's decision to send DT to Ohio. It's their team and they can run it as they see fit. The poster indicated that DT's appearance in the Ohio tournament somehow helps build Tennessee wrestling. I'm only trying to understand the thinking behind that statement.

soms - I not going to debate you on this...I have an unfair advantage with a complete and fully functioning brain. But, I will answer your question. The difference is...We took the entire team to Georgia. They ALL had an opportunity for mat time against good competition to try and get better. We didn't just send 1 kid down there just to see how he would do.

I'm not questioning Red Bank's decision to send DT to Ohio. It's their team and they can run it as they see fit. The poster indicated that DT's appearance in the Ohio tournament somehow helps build Tennessee wrestling. I'm only trying to understand the thinking behind that statement.

If I can't out smart you one way, I'll figure out another...

soms vs b-Bear

In all seriousness, Experience grows wrestling anywhere. Tobert took a risk and lost, but he knows now better than latter how much improvement they need to make to be elite.

Now, so does BC. They went down to take on the elite of GA and lost. Good measuring stick, for sure. Could TN wrestling be better served to resume rivalries once lost?

Who can Bradley wrestle in Tennessee, besides Soddy-Daisy, that is like McEachern, CH and Walton?

May I ask now, why does Bradley Central play McCallie and Baylor in boys and girls basketball, but not wrestle them?

Check out...

BC vs. McCallie

If I can't out smart you one way, I'll figure out another...

soms vs b-Bear

In all seriousness, Experience grows wrestling anywhere. Tobert took a risk and lost, but he knows now better than latter how much improvement they need to make to be elite.

Now, so does BC. They went down to take on the elite of GA and lost. Good measuring stick, for sure. Could TN wrestling be better served to resume rivalries once lost?

Who can Bradley wrestle in Tennessee, besides Soddy-Daisy, that is like McEachern, CH and Walton?

May I ask now, why does Bradley Central play McCallie and Baylor in boys and girls basketball, but not wrestle them?

Check out...

BC vs. McCallie

Come on B-bear that one had to crack a rib also. Nice video Soms

bcb

That is the funniest thing!!!!!

Thanks for enriching my day, Bayou.

Come on... You didn't find it somewhat enriching to see what happened to B-Bear's brain in this video??? click below... :unsure:

The soms vs. B-BEAR

Hey, seriously BB,,, Spence is looking for a little competition out this way. He and his brother have gotten some challenge out in Utah and Idaho with some club wrestling, and Spence is back for a bit. He mentioned he would love to go back to the Bear's den and work out some again. Maybe we take my short bus over with a stop at the Big Red along the way...

Maybe a few of 'em would want some fresh meat to work on? He's about 155.