The "Tennessean" HS Basketball coverage is lousy!

Jim Harrick

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a good thing when these kids have career high on back to back nights, (Glass with 21 and Young with 13), that there names can't even seem to make in the box score. This is nothing new for the Tennessean. There are probably going to say that the person calling it in may have given the wrong info, but in this case that is not true.

Great job Tennessean!!

It's not a good thing when these kids have career high on back to back nights, (Glass with 21 and Young with 13), that there names can't even seem to make in the box score. This is nothing new for the Tennessean. There are probably going to say that the person calling it in may have given the wrong info, but in this case that is not true.

Pretty sad really especially when a young sophomore (no pun intended) Michael Young has a great game and it does not get posted. ;)

Edited by HSbballfan21

I was wondering myself why there is not more high school sports coverage in the paper. If they did update everything every day I believe more people would read the newspaper and the tennessean would make more money. That is about stupid on their part. Is this a money issue or just laziness on the part of the tennessean. I have noticed hardly anything in the paper or on the internet. This is just my opinion but I feel like many other people have the same opinion.

A couple of things -

1. Scores and stats are usually called in by the home team. If these are wrong, it could be the fault of the person who kept the stats, the person who calls them in or the person at the paper who transcribes them.

2. Every sportwriter I have ever asked say the same thing about high school sports. All their marketing resereach tells them that high school sports don't sell newspapers.