C. Coffee

HSDAD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for an obsolute fact that the only thing he is trying to aruge now is did he withdraw from PjP before he was expelled. They sold their old house and move so that is not the issue.

If he can prove that he withdrew then the family can say due to their move it is no longer possible for them to get him to PjP and therefore he has to go to CHS and be allowed to wrestle.

This would be simular to someone moving across town and be force to change schools due to bus issues.

There is a difference between being expelled and transferring. That is where the TSSAA will get involved. If Courtney transferred, it is one thing, if he got expelled, it's another. Can somebody comment?

It sounds like JP2 told him he could withdraw or he would be expelled. If this is the case then he still should not be allowed to compete as everyone would just be circumventing the rules.

I know for an obsolute fact that the only thing he is trying to aruge now is did he withdraw from PjP before he was expelled. They sold their old house and move so that is not the issue.

If he can prove that he withdrew then the family can say due to their move it is no longer possible for them to get him to PjP and therefore he has to go to CHS and be allowed to wrestle.

This would be simular to someone moving across town and be force to change schools due to bus issues.

no it is not the same as moving across town. the kid stole highly expensive electronic equipment from other people and tried to sell it and got caught and booted. it makes me sick to know that people support him being able to compete after this. if it was anyone but coffe we would be outraged and side with him being unable to compete. are we in tennessee more concerned with making a name for our wrestling community on a national scene (assuming coffe will wrestle nationaly and he would probably do well) that we sacrifice our morals to make it happen? i like what bobby bowden once said, " its not about winning but winning the right way" the coaches at his new school should not allow him to compete better yet, instead of selling the house you should make him sit and watch what he is missing out on and make him see what a horrific thing he has done. if my son did this i would punish him not look for a way to squeak him out of a mess HE MADE.

cbg - I don't have a dog in this hunt but consider this, an offense merriting expulson from one school might bring a lesser punishment at another school? I don't think that there is a standard code of conduct with appropriate punishments used by all schools in TN. Sounds as if this subject is not exactly black and white as some are alluding.

i like what bobby bowden once said, " its not about winning but winning the right way"

Another famous Bowden quote was, "Boys will be boys" concerning the scandal where the players were getting free clothing at local stores. From what I've read of Bowden, he considers the overall conduct of the kid and reacts accordingly. Again, I don't kow this young man so this may not apply in his case.

Another famous Bowden quote was, "Boys will be boys" concerning the scandal where the players were getting free clothing at local stores. From what I've read of Bowden, he considers the overall conduct of the kid and reacts accordingly. Again, I don't kow this young man so this may not apply in his case.

It's a simple process. The new school applies for the hardship. They must

be in agreement to apply? You must have all the documentation and the

old school must also give a "Honest" explanation of what happened. The

school submits the hardship application to TSSAA and then they make a ruling.

It is quick. TSSAA then notifies the new school, and then the school notifies the family. If seems to me that there has been plenty of time for the ruling.

That is if they have submitted an application.

I was just curious if anyone was aware of the ruling. Maybe no application

was submitted.

TSSAA can only go by what is in front of them. If he withdrew from the school before actions could be filed against him TSSAA can not say anything. The family did move and sell their old house.

The only issue that is still being discussed is weither or not he withdrew. If TSSAA decides that he did indeed withdraw he will be allowed to wrestle. Yes this is circumventing the rules but it happens all the time. I have seen kids transfer from one school to another to save himself from being expelled.

While it is not right for him to do he did it because no one can say "well we heard you were going to be expelled before you left the school" and because nothing was filed against him all TSSAA can use is he left a school and moved therefore by their rules can wrestle.

bobby bowden also said that he would refuse to suspend any players for the miami-fsu game. b.bowden is not exactly a good role model for coaches.

i think everyone deserves a second chance. coffey did a horrible thing by stealing but at the same time wrestling or any type of sports could be an escape for the kid. he may realize what he did wrong and try to concentrate on wrestling. he should wrestle for his future. look what happened at maurice clarret when he wasnt playing football he got into more and worse trouble. no one wants coffey to turn into a clarret.

TSSAA can only go by what is in front of them. If he withdrew from the school before actions could be filed against him TSSAA can not say anything. The family did move and sell their old house.

The only issue that is still being discussed is weither or not he withdrew. If TSSAA decides that he did indeed withdraw he will be allowed to wrestle. Yes this is circumventing the rules but it happens all the time. I have seen kids transfer from one school to another to save himself from being expelled.

While it is not right for him to do he did it because no one can say "well we heard you were going to be expelled before you left the school" and because nothing was filed against him all TSSAA can use is he left a school and moved therefore by their rules can wrestle.

TSSAA is not blind. There are alot of rules about moving, transporting of kids, changing of residence, etc.... I just hope that the decision is based

on the rules and not on his performance as an athelete.