Middle School Ref goes CRAZY

pedo_29

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some VERY bad Middle school refs.....Then they try to make up for that by doing what this guy did.....It wouldn't surprise me to see it happen here in Obion County....One ref in particular seems to be right on the verge of going bonkers at any minute.....Good thing our team hasn't had him since early in the season....

If what this writer says is true, then I agree that the officials probably went too far in that game. However -- we only got one side of that story. First of all, that was a VERY poorly-written article. It was not an opinion piece, yet instead of reporting just the facts, the writer decided to interject things like "the out-of-control official" and "the player was unneccessarily given a double technical." The writer gives only the one quote from the coach that was ejected and did not attempt to speak to either the game administrator, the opposing coach, an officials' supervisor or the TSSAA itself.

While what he said in the article may be true, he said it in a very unprofessional way. If I were a journalism professor, this article would get an F.

(And I'm commenting on this article as a journalist and not as an official, since I wear both hats at times.)

If what this writer says is true, then I agree that the officials probably went too far in that game. However -- we only got one side of that story. First of all, that was a VERY poorly-written article. It was not an opinion piece, yet instead of reporting just the facts, the writer decided to interject things like "the out-of-control official" and "the player was unneccessarily given a double technical." The writer gives only the one quote from the coach that was ejected and did not attempt to speak to either the game administrator, the opposing coach, an officials' supervisor or the TSSAA itself.

While what he said in the article may be true, he said it in a very unprofessional way. If I were a journalism professor, this article would get an F.

(And I'm commenting on this article as a journalist and not as an official, since I wear both hats at times.)

Well you know what? I give officials associated with the T$$AA an "F" as well. So its all even. ;)

Then get out there and do it yourself.

Well see, I'M not getting PAID to call a game. Refs ARE being paid to call games.... Here's an example. If I keep making stupid mistakes and messing up at my job, I get fired. If a ref screws up and makes a mistake, people will defend them and say "Well they're only human. Give them a break." But I don't get a break, I get a pink slip.

Are all refs going crazy this year or something. This has been the 5 or 6 article that I have read since the high school year has begun about bad calls

There is a article and video on Tricities.com about a bad call made in the VA High School Football Championship game and it may get reviewed by the state.

Acts like this coming from refs are just uncalled for.

B)

Its obvious that you are an officail. the artical in the paper was very true, and it is very hard to get a quote from someone that won't talk to you, and they had there chance. I so the reporter try to get a comment, this journalist is a very fair writer and works hard to get a story. we are fortunate to have sports writers in our county that care about the sport and there job.

I have been to several Middle school games in the last six years, and you know when you see the same officals every year, they are not getting any better, its very sad. We were playing a game a few weeks back and was fortunate enough to have to veteran high school refs, my first thought was it was going to be along night, however i was proven wrong, they took control early and the game was fun to watch. TSSAA should consider to team up veteran refs with newer refs even at the Middle School level. If something doesn't change at the Middle School level there will be some kids hurt.

This ref called a T. on the home teams coach and then had the never to get in an discussion and put his finger in her face, several times, that is when he crossed the line. Only one of the two officals would call anything until the end of the game. Then Mr. Moffitts (head of the officals in our area) son started calling everything, it was almost commical.

The Kids work hard to get ready for the game, then they get some refs that struggle to get up and down the court and can't get in position to make the calls. Its a joke and if they cant do any better than that they need to stay home. If they were paid on quality and accuracy they would work harder. The Kids deserve better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!