chs

zoosee12

I don't speak for anyone but I'm excited to see Centennial program to move forward. The school deserves a very good coach as well as all on Williamson County schools. The better the competition can only strengthen each other, especially the ones making it to the playoffs.

6-5A didn't have a good showing in first round of the playoff in 2006. This needs not to happen in 2007. Playing tough non-conference games and conference games only makes ones team better. I see at least four schools in 6-5A scheduling tougher games in 2007 against traditional tough programs. This is way better than the scheduling in 2006.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-5A didn't have a good showing in first round of the playoff in 2006. This needs not to happen in 2007. Playing tough non-conference games and conference games only makes ones team better. I see at least four schools in 6-5A scheduling tougher games in 2007 against traditional tough programs. This is way better than the scheduling in 2006.

Hendersonville, Hunters Lane, & Antioch all advanced and most expected 5-5A to get ran over like they did in 2005.

Those two midstate regions clashing in the playoffs (basically Metro's 5A schools vs Williamson County's 5A schools) makes for some great football in the midstate area the first three weeks of the playoffs :o

Just curious here, what makes any of you think that we are even close to naming a coach?

I know after about a total of 400 posts about random spectulation, everyone can be a little wary of any "news" that comes out of CHS. This, however, sounds pretty well confirmed by a few sources. From the people I've talked to, it sounded like this has actually been decided on for quite a while, but there were some final details that needed to be worked out.

PS: The people I've talked to are very close to the team and can be trusted when it comes to this kind of info.

Edited by CHS 2007

This is what I know as previously mention.

1) Coach was to be hired by December 22 deadline

2) Head Coach vacancy for Centennial was removed from the TSSAA Bulletin Board http://www.tssaa.org/newspages/classifieds.cfm#OPEN

3) I was told by two Centennial Football players from their understanding from their source that an announcement would be made to them once they return to school next semester. Could they not been truthful with me? I don’t see the reason why they would be unless they were embarrassed by their predicament. Maybe the announcement was going to be about not finding a coach and the current football assistant coaches will fill in until one is named at a later date.

If the basketball coach is disputing any announcement at the start of next semester, it could possibility mean the following:

1) A reasonable head football coach couldn’t be found at this time after the interview process. The school will continue looking for coach for the next school calendar year. If Centennial hires one later on into the semester, the coach will finish off his semester at that school and travel over to Centennial in the evening to develop the football program. (This could indicate this is a current Williamson County coach/teacher. This has been done before at the assistant level but not at the head coach level from my knowledge.). Teaching positions has been filled before at the start of a semester before due to the unpredictable number of students showing up and causing overcrowding. It not a common practice to bring in a teacher in the middle of a semester.

2) The possible Head Football Coach had a change of heart and decided not to go to Centennial which put everything back to square one.

3) The Basketball Coach could be irritated because no one is paying attention to his basketball program due to the head football coach vacancy. The basketball program is playing now and rightfully should be paid attention too. It is their time, not the football.

4) The administration at Centennial would be the ones in the know since they would be doing the hiring. Would they consult with the Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Baseball, and Assistant Football Coaches before making a decision? I doubt it unless one of the coaches is the AD. If the Basketball Coach is the AD, then he should know.

This has to be some real agony going on for the football players at Centennial if they are told one thing then the Basketball Coach dispute any announcement coming out. After reading all these threads from the CHS students since early November and before, I really feel for their predicament. I can now understand their frustrations are very real for the ones who care about the football program. I hope the administration will do their best to get resolved soon with a top quality head coach.

3) I was told by two Centennial Football players from their understanding from their source that an announcement would be made to them once they return to school next semester. Could they not been truthful with me? I don’t see the reason why they would be unless they were embarrassed by their predicament. Maybe the announcement was going to be about not finding a coach and the current football assistant coaches will fill in until one is named at a later date.

An announcement will be made to the players or the entire student body?

Again, from what I was told, the administration has their guy. Don't know who it is or when he will be officially named the coach, but it sounds like the coaching search is over.

That's my point--why can't Centennial be aggressive and public with their search--are they treating this like finding a Biology teacher?

Franklin found their new Bio teacher quicker than Centennial has taken to find a new coach. Im surprised that the administration isnt more into getting this whole thing squared away and done. I know at Franklin Campbell and Ruck support athletics completely it kinda stinks that its not the same at Centennial. I mean for a while its kinda funny to be like hey its Franklin vs. Centennial tonight in football wonder whats gunna happen and you know the outcome before school even starts. Centennial needs to get serious and get the right people in there and get the job done. I would liek to see them have a complete turnaround and actually have a chance at making something of themselves when they play.