PERRY COUNTY

Stat_pack1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost so many seniors....was wondering the talent level remaining and lower classes , if they will be able to help. PC has a tough schedule..trying to get an idea of how they will do next year.

We still have several varsity players coming back: Chris Reed; Derek Phillips; Cole Campbell; Michael Barnett; Corey Jones; Dexter Turner; several JV who will be moving up, some good players from middle school team will be moving up. Yes, they will be young, but most of these guys have played football since they were 7 or 8 years old in Jr Pro. Granted, high school is a lot different, but Coach Bradley will be working with them all summer to get them in shape.

We still have several varsity players coming back: Chris Reed; Derek Phillips; Cole Campbell; Michael Barnett; Corey Jones; Dexter Turner; several JV who will be moving up, some good players from middle school team will be moving up. Yes, they will be young, but most of these guys have played football since they were 7 or 8 years old in Jr Pro. Granted, high school is a lot different, but Coach Bradley will be working with them all summer to get them in shape.

Good to hear.....think they will be able to improve on their record from last year?

I know a few people over there.....and have heard the jokes....I'm sure hoping they will have a great year....break the 500 mark. I have seen a few of the middle school games over the past...and was impressed with a few of the boys I seen....the way usually overmatched against the teams they play..but they didn't have any quit in them....that is something I respect. Think you have a couple from last years team (middle school) that might be able to have some input.

I know a few people over there.....and have heard the jokes....I'm sure hoping they will have a great year....break the 500 mark. I have seen a few of the middle school games over the past...and was impressed with a few of the boys I seen....the way usually overmatched against the teams they play..but they didn't have any quit in them....that is something I respect. Think you have a couple from last years team (middle school) that might be able to have some input.

Definitely. Dray Mercer will be a freshman, he's really fast. Jacob Tucker is only in the 7th grade, so he won't come up till '08, but there are others that were major factors in the middle school games.

You getting many new kids that parents move there to work at Fisher?

I really think they are close to turning the corner there.. a few plays here and there....and players...it won't be long....at least I hope not!

People don't move to Perry County to work at Fisher. People move to Perry County to hide. I was born and raised in Perry County, so I can say that. Any new office personnel or engineers usually nest in Lexington. I, too, want Perry County to excel at football. They've got a tall hill to climb in that region.

the vikings i think will bounce back from losing all those seniors. the leader of the team is back (chris reed) the 2nd best qb in the region... although they call the position a tail back. cory jones the center is coming back off injury. i think the junior and sophmore linemen will be just as good if not better than the ones we lost. as for the 8th graders coming up.... the best prospect i think is Brandon Jones :lol: ... heck the mercer kid may not even play in highschool... what a waste that will be because he has the speed.. just needs coached up on ball control and running lanes. the peevehouse kid may also be a good one. he made some great plays on defense last year. the team may have some bumps in the road that comes with the youth of the team but they will be fun to watch. cant wait.

go vikings :lol:

the vikings i think will bounce back from losing all those seniors. the leader of the team is back (chris reed) the 2nd best qb in the region... although they call the position a tail back. cory jones the center is coming back off injury. i think the junior and sophmore linemen will be just as good if not better than the ones we lost. as for the 8th graders coming up.... the best prospect i think is Brandon Jones :lol: ... heck the mercer kid may not even play in highschool... what a waste that will be because he has the speed.. just needs coached up on ball control and running lanes. the peevehouse kid may also be a good one. he made some great plays on defense last year. the team may have some bumps in the road that comes with the youth of the team but they will be fun to watch. cant wait.

go vikings :lol:

You're right about Brandon, I think he will be a major factor in the future. Haven't really watched Peevyhouse play much, but he has the size. As for Mercer, he says right now that he's not playing, but I think he will. It will be a shame if he doesn't, he's too good. Matt Gillioun could also be a factor, if he plays. He's one of the iffy ones, too, says he wants to concentrate on baseball. We are working on him, tho.

You're right about Brandon, I think he will be a major factor in the future. Haven't really watched Peevyhouse play much, but he has the size. As for Mercer, he says right now that he's not playing, but I think he will. It will be a shame if he doesn't, he's too good. Matt Gillioun could also be a factor, if he plays. He's one of the iffy ones, too, says he wants to concentrate on baseball. We are working on him, tho.

yea i forgot about him #25 i believe, he has really good hands and runs the ball really hard which i know coach bradley liked about him... we were talking about him the other day. Gellioun is a stout looking kid and with a little weight training can be really big. a lot of talent on the eigth grade team... i just hope they dont let the baseball coach and basketball coach talk them out of playing football..... which happens alot over here in linden... it is rediculous. :angry:

most of the players on the basketball team just play basketball 365 days a year... look how that is paying off right now lol :lol: it was like that when i was in school and it always will be.