PERRY COUNTY

Stat_pack1

right now he has not been given a coaching supplement back. and i agree that a serious program usually has 4 to 5 coaches. back to one of your earlier questions... last year spring was after baseball season in may and i think coach bradley will probably do that in order for the baseball players to be able to practice.

does Pyscomom know how many besides cole are playing baseball?

How many football players or how many baseball players in general? As far as football players, Cole & Forrest Boutwell are the only 2 returning football players that will be playing baseball this spring. Watkins & Hoffman play, but they are seniors so spring training won't involve them anyway. There may be some more on the baseball team who didn't play football last year, but will this year. I hope so, anyway!

As for Courtney, as of right now he is not coaching, but we have not given up hope. There are also Coaches Hamilton and Dunkle, but Dunkle knows a lot more about baseball than he does football, he will be the first to tell you that. I think Coach Hamilton is coaching middle school baseball this year, and probably middle school football too, so he will be pretty busy. The high school is pretty much up to Coach Bradley and, hopefully, Coach Courtney. We need him badly.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now he has not been given a coaching supplement back. and i agree that a serious program usually has 4 to 5 coaches. back to one of your earlier questions... last year spring was after baseball season in may and i think coach bradley will probably do that in order for the baseball players to be able to practice.

does Pyscomom know how many besides cole are playing baseball?

Who are you??!! Do I know you?

How many football players or how many baseball players in general? As far as football players, Cole & Forrest Boutwell are the only 2 returning football players that will be playing baseball this spring. Watkins & Hoffman play, but they are seniors so spring training won't involve them anyway. There may be some more on the baseball team who didn't play football last year, but will this year. I hope so, anyway!

As for Courtney, as of right now he is not coaching, but we have not given up hope. There are also Coaches Hamilton and Dunkle, but Dunkle knows a lot more about baseball than he does football, he will be the first to tell you that. I think Coach Hamilton is coaching middle school baseball this year, and probably middle school football too, so he will be pretty busy. The high school is pretty much up to Coach Bradley and, hopefully, Coach Courtney. We need him badly.

I know there are some guys playing baseball that should be on the football field. Chris Graham and Dakota Qualls were two of the best linemen on their team when they played middle school football, probably in the top ten or so of best linemen I ever had at the middle school level. There are others that play baseball that could really help out too. In a small school Like PC, the true athletes need to play as much as they can to make each program successful.

perry county is too small for guys to just focus on football. all of the good athletes need to play 2 or 3 sports, making all of the programs better. they just need to have spring practice as late in may as possible so as many guys as possible can practice. the spring coaches, however, must make sure the kids get their football lifts in.

I know there are some guys playing baseball that should be on the football field. Chris Graham and Dakota Qualls were two of the best linemen on their team when they played middle school football, probably in the top ten or so of best linemen I ever had at the middle school level. There are others that play baseball that could really help out too. In a small school Like PC, the true athletes need to play as much as they can to make each program successful.

I agree. Chris & Dakota should be playing; also Jake McCaig, Colby Bates, Chaz Edwards all were good football players, probably some others that I can't think of right now. Colby actually did play football his freshman year and did very well, but he decided to just concentrate on baseball. That is the problem we have...the athletes are out there, it's just getting them to play that's the problem.

I think Chris Graham is a senior now, but you'e right. He would have been a big plus on the football team. He is huge!

perry county is too small for guys to just focus on football. all of the good athletes need to play 2 or 3 sports, making all of the programs better. they just need to have spring practice as late in may as possible so as many guys as possible can practice. the spring coaches, however, must make sure the kids get their football lifts in.

You are right knowledge man. We do not have enough talent to draw from for each kid to only play one sport. If we had 1000 or 2000 students in the school, it might be a different story. Right now, there are only 4 playing baseball that also played football, 2 or 3 playing baseball that play basketball, and I think there was only 1 who played football and basketball both. As far as I know, none are playing all 3. For a county the size of ours, that is ridiculous.

I don't think Dunkle would discourage the baseball players from playing other sports, and I know Coach Bradley would never do that. I have heard from a couple of parents that the basketball coach is doing that.

Fact is, unless you are 7 feet tall or a Kirk Haston or a Mike Rhodes, you are not likely to get a basketball scholarship. Baseball? Don't think the odds of getting a baseball scholarship are very good either. You are a lot more likely to attract attention playing football, and that is a fact!

depending on the coaching situation in moore county,i agree with greenman that 4th place may come down to the last game of the season.. when mc and pc play. but who knows if they win all the close games this next season, they may be playing for 2nd (behind mtp that is). will there be any new coaches in linden next season?

although pc might get a playoff birth coming in fourth in our region i dont see them contending for a #2 spot like tha past few years tha top three will more than likely be MP.C'WOOD.WC

I would almost bet that the top three would be MP,WC,and C'wood but the forth place team battle will be close. PC will be young, but I believe that Bradley will be able to get them in shape. Huntland will have a good showing and Moore County is ify. I am going with PC to make the playoffs for the first time since they have been in this region. Good luck to all teams and I am looking forward to Region 6A football this year.

You are right knowledge man. We do not have enough talent to draw from for each kid to only play one sport. If we had 1000 or 2000 students in the school, it might be a different story. Right now, there are only 4 playing baseball that also played football, 2 or 3 playing baseball that play basketball, and I think there was only 1 who played football and basketball both. As far as I know, none are playing all 3. For a county the size of ours, that is ridiculous.

I don't think Dunkle would discourage the baseball players from playing other sports, and I know Coach Bradley would never do that. I have heard from a couple of parents that the basketball coach is doing that.

Fact is, unless you are 7 feet tall or a Kirk Haston or a Mike Rhodes, you are not likely to get a basketball scholarship. Baseball? Don't think the odds of getting a baseball scholarship are very good either. You are a lot more likely to attract attention playing football, and that is a fact!

its tough to get football attention playin at a lil 1a school

its tough to get football attention playin at a lil 1a school

You should play football not on the fleeting hopes of landing a scholarship, but for the love of the game. The VAST majority will never put pads on again after that last Friday nite in their senior year.

That being said however, there are more athletic scholarships available in football than any other sport...far more. A limited nubmber in baseball (only the REAL baseball studs get full scholarships..most get partials) and a very small number each year in basketball.

If you are good enough, the scouts will find you. Hershel Walker played at a tiny high school; Heath Shuler's high school was small also. Granted, a few athletes will slip under the radar but in this age of technology not many. There are also many fine athletes playing their college football at Division 1AA & Division 2 schools. :thumb: