PERRY COUNTY

Stat_pack1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not only going to turn the corner; within a short time they're going to be playing for championships.

Thats pushing it...............Collinwood, MP, and WC have had some great teams that couldnt get out of the second round of the play-offs, and you want me to think PC will compete for a Gold Ball. Thats just too far a stretch. Its a good goal to set, but in all reality its not attainable at this point in the PC football legacy. Basketball still rules in PC, so I dont see the football program having Championship success. They will eventually compete for a region title though.

If Rick Rice could not get PC going, who can?

and who says he didn't. the five years he was here, we saw a vast improvment in the football team every year...maybe not on the scoreboard every year, but we grew from an after thought here, to something that folks looked forward to seeing and felt that we would be in every game...he left cause he wanted to coach his boys at Waynesboro, but he left us a great replacement in Coach Bradley, who I think will do a great job and our program will continue in its move upward to being a very competative program year in and year out

Thats pushing it...............Collinwood, MP, and WC have had some great teams that couldnt get out of the second round of the play-offs, and you want me to think PC will compete for a Gold Ball. Thats just too far a stretch. Its a good goal to set, but in all reality its not attainable at this point in the PC football legacy. Basketball still rules in PC, so I dont see the football program having Championship success. They will eventually compete for a region title though.

You set the bar high. It needs to be set high. You might have a short term goal of competing for a region title, but long term goals should be to compete for the whole ball of wax. Hey, EVERY school should have those types of goals...you may not get there this year or the next, but you keep working, keep building, keep doing the right things, the little things & eventually it will work out.

I can remember when Hillsboro was an absolute BURIAL GROUND for coaches; they would get beat like a rented mule by almost everyone they faced. No one could see them being successful; their facilities were substandard, they had too many foreign students etc.

New coaching came in along with a new attitude, offensive/defensive schemes, dedication, pride and a total commitment to being the best. It took a few years, but the program began to take off; now they are one of the most consistent winning programs in 4A. (2003 State Champ, 2001,02,06 State Finalists, 2000,05 State Semi-Finalists).

It might take a few years at PC, but the foundation is there. I know those guys are working hard to get better & the coaches are dedicated to this program.

Hey GreenMan, I read in one post a while back where you said if you lived close enough, you would help out the guys up at RBS; I'm with you on that!! :angry:

If Rick Rice could not get PC going, who can?

I'm not saying anything bad about Rick Rice, I actually like the guy. And in the beginning, he did a lot for PC football, just seems like the last couple of years he has had his mind on WC and hasn't cared as much about PC. I don't blame him, his kids are in Waynesboro; I just think PC needed someone younger and more gung-ho who is trying to prove himself, and I think Coach Bradley is just what we needed. He had a great first year, broke lots of team records, and that's just the beginning. I think you can look for great things from PC in years to come.

I can remember when Hillsboro was an absolute BURIAL GROUND for coaches; they would get beat like a rented mule by almost everyone they faced. No one could see them being successful; their facilities were substandard, they had too many foreign students etc.

New coaching came in along with a new attitude, offensive/defensive schemes, dedication, pride and a total commitment to being the best. It took a few years, but the program began to take off; now they are one of the most consistent winning programs in 4A. (2003 State Champ, 2001,02,06 State Finalists, 2000,05 State Semi-Finalists).

I suspect that a good part of Hillsboro's success comes from a favorable zoning situation. How is it that a school that is located dead smack in the middle of the whitest part of Nashville (Green Hills) have a 75% black football team? Things that make you go hmmmm.

I suspect that a good part of Hillsboro's success comes from a favorable zoning situation. How is it that a school that is located dead smack in the middle of the whitest part of Nashville (Green Hills) have a 75% black football team? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Their zone/cluster covers from the Williamson Co. line northward to the downtown area at the Cumberland River, including a lot of Sylvan Park, part of North Nashville & Edgehill Projects area.

• 3 weeks later...

I coached football in Perry County for 9 years. I was there when they first started the program and just recently left to go back home to Alabama and be with my family. The people there are the salt of the earth. They took my family and me in and treated us like their own. We still have great friends there and PC will always be special to us. I was proud of the season they had last year and wish them the best next season. I have worked with Coach Bradley and he is a good coach. He will have his young team ready by next year. I was the head Middle School coach and ast. varsity coach and coached most of the kids that were on that middle school team. Let me tell you, they are warriors. They do not know how to quit! If they stay together, when they are jr.s and Sr.s, they will be tough. Chris Reed is a great leader and as gritty as they come. The only season they have had over 500 is when Danny Aldridge was the head coach. (1999) I believe that this is about to change. Lock and Load boys and remember never, ever quit!

Coach Laster

I coached football in Perry County for 9 years. I was there when they first started the program and just recently left to go back home to Alabama and be with my family. The people there are the salt of the earth. They took my family and me in and treated us like their own. We still have great friends there and PC will always be special to us. I was proud of the season they had last year and wish them the best next season. I have worked with Coach Bradley and he is a good coach. He will have his young team ready by next year. I was the head Middle School coach and ast. varsity coach and coached most of the kids that were on that middle school team. Let me tell you, they are warriors. They do not know how to quit! If they stay together, when they are jr.s and Sr.s, they will be tough. Chris Reed is a great leader and as gritty as they come. The only season they have had over 500 is when Danny Aldridge was the head coach. (1999) I believe that this is about to change. Lock and Load boys and remember never, ever quit!

Coach Laster

Great post, Coach! You'll also be proud to know that one of your cornerbacks from last year started every game and played almost every minute of defense as a freshman this year. He and Phillips work well together, and I think they will both dominate next year!