Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

Sorry Brentwood Academy fans, George Quarles will not be your next Head Coach, so look else where !!

You may be right, but he is eating dinner in Brentwood tonight after spending all day on campus. He would not have come all the way to BA if he was not interested.

I feel pretty certain they want Coach Rector. You couldn't go wrong either way.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right, but he is eating dinner in Brentwood tonight after spending all day on campus. He would not have come all the way to BA if he was not interested.

I feel pretty certain they want Coach Rector. You couldn't go wrong either way.

Exactly right. You cannot go wrong either way. Quarles, Rector, Brothers.....all proven winners.

For a number of reasons, I would be very surprised if an announcement is not made in the next two days.

...I have no idea who it will be, BTW.

My inside sources say in 24-72 hours....(Sunday paper news???? I am speculating...) Coach Rector is my pick.......Of course, as much as I have put it through my inside sources, BA didn't come to me for advice.......

Edited by Brandon100

I heard that deal fell through. It is rumored that he wanted to clean house all new coaches and BA did not want to be that radical.

Any good head coach would want his assistant coaches of his choosing to be hired if possible. The new coach should have the ability to choose which coaches stays on the football staff or not. Leftover personal from previous coaches can be a source of problems, jealousy, and not following the directions of the head coach.

The sign of a great coach is not only to develop players into a winning program but develop his coaches with future chances to be head coaches or coordinators.

What has Coach Flatt done to help the current staff at BA? How many has gone on to be head coaches or coordinators? Is anybody on the current staff head coach or coordinator material?

Any good head coach would want his assistant coaches of his choosing to be hired if possible. The new coach should have the ability to choose which coaches stays on the football staff or not. Leftover personal from previous coaches can be a source of problems, jealousy, and not following the directions of the head coach.

The sign of a great coach is not only to develop players into a winning program but develop his coaches with future chances to be head coaches or coordinators.

What has Coach Flatt done to help the current staff at BA? How many has gone on to be head coaches or coordinators? Is anybody on the current staff head coach or coordinator material?

Coach Flatt's list of coaches that have moved on to be head coaches is a storybook of success......Bowers (MBA, Ensworth), Rutledge (MBA), Pack (CPA, Ensworth) to name a few.........I believe Brothers (JP II) as well..........

Coach Flatt's list of coaches that have moved on to be head coaches is a storybook of success......Bowers (MBA, Ensworth), Rutledge (MBA), Pack (CPA, Ensworth) to name a few.........I believe Brothers (JP II) as well..........

A couple of his players have done well on the professional level. Kent Austin was just named the head coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the Canadian Football League. Mike McIntyre is the defensive secondary coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

My inside sources say in 24-72 hours....(Sunday paper news???? I am speculating...) Coach Rector is my pick.......Of course, as much as I have put it through my inside sources, BA didn't come to me for advice.......

I've no idea who'll get the job, and I have no dog in this fight. But the situation reminds me a bit of the one when Bryant retired from Alabama. Somebody will go into a top flight program and make a lot of money, but heaven help him if there's any drop in the quality of the program.