Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

Did you ever get the feeling about the writing in the paper is from the posting from CoachT? I wonder if any of the papers do any true investigation anymore. The message board could be the easy way to collect the "Happenings" of the situation.

Edited by rapbwood

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever get the feeling about the writing in the paper is from the posting from CoachT? I wonder if any of the papers do any true investigation anymore. The message board could be the easy way to collect the "Happenings" of the situation.

I wrote to a few BA alum friends to ask if they had any updates. Someone forwarded me an email that was a forward of a forward of a forward that contained what else but..........USA1's original post! so USA1, you are the heartbeat of the rumor mill.

<_<:lol:

I wrote to a few BA alum friends to ask if they had any updates. Someone forwarded me an email that was a forward of a forward of a forward that contained what else but..........USA1's original post! so USA1, you are the heartbeat of the rumor mill.

<_<:lol:

I am working hard to keep beating.

Since no announcement was made yesterday, I think there will be a delay. Curt Masters is having some surgery today and I don't think much will happen while he is under the weather. I think the delay is because offers are being considered, soul searching that sort of thing. That is all speculation on my part, but I have got to keep a pulse of some sort.

Edited by USA1

This doesn’t sit well with other school programs because the coach is also a teacher. This can disrupt the high school program the coach is leaving as well as going. This doesn’t allow much time for the school with the missing coach to make a decision on their future coach before the start of the next semester.

If decision were not made by this Friday, I would expect the BA offensive coordinator (Brad Perry) to take over for 2007. If Coach Perry doesn’t work out, this same thread will appear next December.

I need a translation/explanation.

I think that this will be a tough job to fill. There are a lot of expectations here to deal with. Like rapbwood said coming in second two years in a row is not going to cut it. Of course the real reason was because Flatt was finished dealing with the TSSAA. I see BA going with a young coach, Quarles and Rector would fit the mold here. Both are great coaches who are young and could stay there for a long time. Some of the older coaches would be great for the time being but who knows how long they would stay. When a new coach comes in is he going to be able to make some staff changes? A good coaches is only as good as his supporting assistants. Will there be any ill will if the "wrong" coach is selected? Will Carlton Flatt truely step down or will he try and insert his thoughts? Will the community support the new coach if he wants to try "new" approaches/schemes? In the past BA has been pretty vanilla as far as schemes go. They have out athleted most teams. And they still can but think what would happen if Rector came in and ran the spread. Look out. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

I may be wrong in the end, but I still say Coach Rector is the right coach for BA

I would have to agree 100%! Brian Rector would be a perfect fit for BA, and this comes from someone that follows Region 6 5A football. I am not sure that Coach Rector would make the move..but I also know that Coach Rector has seen some of the best talent that will come through Ravenwood for a while...so the future may seem a little sweeter at BA as far as future talent goes.

I am sure the $$$ that BA would offer would be MUCH sweeter as well!

I would have to agree 100%! Brian Rector would be a perfect fit for BA, and this comes from someone that follows Region 6 5A football. I am not sure that Coach Rector would make the move..but I also know that Coach Rector has seen some of the best talent that will come through Ravenwood for a while...so the future may seem a little sweeter at BA as far as future talent goes.

I am sure the $$$ that BA would offer would be MUCH sweeter as well!

The talent is the same then as it is now and in the future, if not better in the future. It’s how you develop the talent and the luck of not having major injuries throughout the season. Rector and the assistants at Ravenwood are quite good at developing talent. It just doesn’t fall out of the sky unless there is an incentive.