Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

Curt Masters contacted MBA's headmaster yesterday to request permission to interview Jeff Rutledge -- he is interviewing at BA today. I think that this has been in the works for a while because Rutledge and Masters attend Chruch together and are on good terms.

USA1, since you seem to be the eyes and ears on the BA campus, let us know of any Rutledge sightings!

How did the interview go?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is the latest from my sources. I will still call all of this rumor, but "educated rumors".

Believe it or not the Owl info has some merit. Coach Potter is in the mix. However, I do not think that it is unusual for all top coaches to talk when any good job comes open. Coach Flatt interviewed for a couple of jobs during his career at BA.

Several opinion makers were blown away by their visit with Coach Quarles and his wife. His Christian values and passion for football impressed. However, the general feel is that it would take at least a ton of money to uproot him from East TN. Nothing that he said, but he has a good thing and is happy at home. BA went from a "general visit with a top coach" to "very interested". Very stong chance of an offer being made.

They were already impressed with Coach Rector and he still remains the favorite. There will be some dark horse alum interviews from the current staff and of course you can't rule out Coach Brothers.

Something could come today or this weekend.

I think Quarles will stay at Maryville. His mom and dad live in Dandridge. They are at every Maryville game. George's family is very important to him. It would be hard for his mom and dad to drive to Nashville,Memphis and Chattanooga every week. Maryville,Knoxville,Lenoir City and Clinton isn't far away from Dandridge. Plus George's sister and brother n law go to every Maryville game. His sister is a teacher in the Maryville system.

I think if George leaves Maryville it will be for a college coaching job. I think a position coach at UT or a head coaching job at Carson Newman could turn the trick. I hope he never leaves Maryville myself.

I think Quarles will stay at Maryville. His mom and dad live in Dandridge. They are at every Maryville game. George's family is very important to him. It would be hard for his mom and dad to drive to Nashville,Memphis and Chattanooga every week. Maryville,Knoxville,Lenoir City and Clinton isn't far away from Dandridge. Plus George's sister and brother n law go to every Maryville game. His sister is a teacher in the Maryville system.

I think if George leaves Maryville it will be for a college coaching job. I think a position coach at UT or a head coaching job at Carson Newman could turn the trick. I hope he never leaves Maryville myself.

I can't blame you. He seems very closely tied to the community, and the community certainly appreciates him. The BA family is supportive of its football team, but nothing compares to the football fervor that permeates Maryville year-round.

Everyone always said Rector would only leave Ravenwood if BA was open. With his staff possibly breaking up in the next few years, could this be the time Rector makes the switch?

Your statement is bogus. Question, who is everyone? You? You know nothing about Rector; therefore don’t pretend you know by trying to think what he is thinking.

Your animosity lies with the tearing down of Ravenwood while trying to build up Centennial image. I cannot blame you for that, Centennial deserves better but I cannot do anything about it. It is what it is.

Ravenwood football staff has only really been together for past two years. There was additions and changes to the staff this year. Will the staff change in the next few years? Yes! A sign of a great coach is that his coaching assistant goes on to be coaches and coordinators. What coach wouldn’t want that for his assistants? Will it died if Rector leaves? No. Will it have it’s up and downs? Yes, all football programs will but it won’t be stuck in the mud.

In 2005, Coach Brian Rector couldn’t get his name in the paper without the mention of Jack Daniels as the one responsible for the success at Ravenwood. Funny how things have changed since it was proven last year was no fluke. This year the coach and the assistant’s coaches are getting the respect they deserve from the sports writers (except for the ignorant comment made in the Tennessean sport section about being Obi-Wan Kenobi/Darth Vader before the Antioch playoff game).

Final Note:

The Raptor Nation will support Brian and the other coaches on whatever he decides to do. Will this change the determination of Raptor Nation? No! It is a strong family with a strong foundation, built from the ground up. It is a large group of volunteers, pulling together for a common cause. The common cause is to make the educational and sports programs the best that they can be at Ravenwood. The campus setting and facilities at Ravenwood is top notch with anybody in the state (with the exception on Ensworth, you think you died and gone to heaven there). It’s an excellent place to be.

Why would Coach Rutledge want to leave that fine football facility at MBA for BA?

Could it be that Jeff along with most people with 1/2 a brain hates working for the "G-MAN"

Who wants to put up with the "G-Mans" BS

The "G-Man" would have trouble finding a coachs if he didn't have the ability to pay his coaching staff more than other schools.

Could it be that Jeff along with most people with 1/2 a brain hates working for the "G-MAN"

Who wants to put up with the "G-Mans" BS

The "G-Man" would have trouble finding a coachs if he didn't have the ability to pay his coaching staff more than other schools.

what exactly is his "BS?" I have heard this stuff over the years, and yet every time I ask people who are actually there working for him, they unanimously all speak very highly of him. And these are people with plenty of credentials and plenty of options to work elsewhere if they were truly unhappy.

If JR leaves MBA for BA it has nothing to do with his relationship with BG.

what exactly is his "BS?" I have heard this stuff over the years, and yet every time I ask people who are actually there working for him, they unanimously all speak very highly of him. And these are people with plenty of credentials and plenty of options to work elsewhere if they were truly unhappy.

If JR leaves MBA for BA it has nothing to do with his relationship with BG.

I don't think there is any doubt about that. Coach Rutledge has had too many other opportunities to get other, possibly even better paying jobs if he was that miserable.

And if Gioia (sp?) is that bad of a boss, why does MBA have such a first rate faculty and staff? It cettainly isn't all about the money.

I don't think there is any doubt about that. Coach Rutledge has had too many other opportunities to get other, possibly even better paying jobs if he was that miserable.

And if Gioia (sp?) is that bad of a boss, why does MBA have such a first rate faculty and staff? It cettainly isn't all about the money.

the people who work there that I talk to regularly all speak very highly of him. And it's not just like "he's okay" or "he's fine," etc. They all genuinely like him.

anyways the people I consider the most knowledgeable and trustworthy on this matter told me that 100% this is about Rutlege's faith and his desire to work in a Christian environment such as BA.

Not many high school football coaches and AD's make $150,000 which has been reported several times.

People stay @ MBA due to money (they pay very well) and if they do say something and it get's back to the "G-Man" they will be looking for another job very quickly.

How many times have you ever heard of someone flying a plane over graduation that pulled a banner asking the board to fire the headmaster?

Edited by cbg