Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

I found out the truth from a trustworthy source for the reason for change from MBA to BA. Coach Rutledge didn’t care for the MBA colors scheme. It remind him too much of Mississippi State and wanted to get to a color closer to his alma mater – Alabama.

Although Alabama is a crimson red, it will be close enough color to give him the satisfaction of going to bed at night without being plague with the horrible nightmare images of MBA colors.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many high school football coaches and AD's make $150,000 which has be reported several times.

People stay @ MBA due to money (they pay very well) and if they do say something and it get's back to the "G-Man" they will be looking for another job very quickly.

How many times have you ever heard of someone flying a plane over graduation that pulled a banner asking the board to fire the headmaster?

Headmaster doesn’t sound politically correct these days. I get the images of old grumpy man standing over a child with a cane, ready to beat the fire of him. I think the newer politically correct word would be Head Honcho.

Joe Biddle in Sunday's Tennessean:

Brentwood Academy headmaster Curt Masters has his sights set on Maryville Coach George Quarles to replace Carlton Flatt as football coach. Masters also met with McCallie Coach Ralph Potter earlier this week.

Sources say if Quarles turns the Eagles down, Masters will turn to MBA Coach/AD Jeff Rutledge, who interviewed Friday. Stay tuned.

Brentwood Academy headmaster Curt Masters has his sights set on Maryville Coach George Quarles to replace Carlton Flatt as football coach. Masters also met with McCallie Coach Ralph Potter earlier this week.

Sources say if Quarles turns the Eagles down, Masters will turn to MBA Coach/AD Jeff Rutledge, who interviewed Friday. Stay tuned.

BA won't go wrong with either coach

That is exactly what I am hearing. They have made an offer to Coach Quarles, but do not expect him to accept. They feel if BA was located in East Tennessee, he would accept (just to illustrate the situation). I would be thrilled with Coach Potter, as well, but have not heard much about him since the interview. I hate seeming like such a scavenger, but I hope everyone talkes it as a compliment. Unless Coach Quarles surprises - it will be Coach Rutledge (insert my standard educated rumor disclaimer).

Edited by USA1

That is exactly what I am hearing. They have made an offer to Coach Quarles, but do not expect him to accept. They feel if BA was located in East Tennessee, he would accept (just to illustrate the situation). Unless Coach Quarles surprises - it will be Coach Rutledge (insert my standard educated rumor disclaimer).

Why would Rutledge leave MBA for BA? It seems like a lateral move to me. How much is BA willing to pay? I know he is doing very well at MBA.

Don't think GQ will leave Maryville for any school, BA ora college job. Look what all have said about him being close to family. He has a wife and kids, going to college would not good for family life unless you make $50 million like Fulmer/Spurrier. You have to be gone all of the time recruiting, hours of work during the season, when would he have time for golf. A week here and their. Does not seem like the college coach type. But that just my opinion.

LSMFT

Why would Rutledge leave MBA for BA? It seems like a lateral move to me. How much is BA willing to pay? I know he is doing very well at MBA.

My understanding is that he feels more philosophically aligned with BA. Not a right or wrong issue - a personal taste issue. His daughter graduated from BA. He even lives in Brentwood. I am pretty sure that he is not alligned enough to take a pay-cut, however.

Edited by USA1

Don't think GQ will leave Maryville for any school, BA ora college job. Look what all have said about him being close to family. He has a wife and kids, going to college would not good for family life unless you make $50 million like Fulmer/Spurrier. You have to be gone all of the time recruiting, hours of work during the season, when would he have time for golf. A week here and their. Does not seem like the college coach type. But that just my opinion.

LSMFT

But with the money that I am sure BA will offer, his wife could stay home with their child. And as far as golf goes, just think about all the courses in middle TN.